• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Loose items on rides?

tinkerbell1991

DIS Veteran
On rides like rip ride rocket and the mummy, you have to put all loose items in lockers but if you have an express pass or photo card, can you keep this in your pocket to get let through the queue and get your photo at the end or is there something really obvious I'm missing as I assumed these wouldn't be allowed on the rides in case they come out of your pockets?

JSYK, the only coasters that actually have metal detectors are hulk, rip ride rockit, and dragon challenge. that's because they're the only coasters that have inversions/loops. rides like mummy, gringotts, forbidden journey, etc. don't have detectors because they don't have loops, so if you have small items you can forgo a locker and keep them in your pockets! and obviously you keep your express pass or photo card with you; as mentioned before, they'll let you through with a lanyard if you have one, but you can also keep them in your pockets

Only other thing I can think of is RRR does not allow cell phones on the ride

Phone was not an issue for me for the mummy or MIB

What about baseball caps? Can you wear them on Forbidden Journey/Gringotts or do they make you take them off?

What about baseball caps? Can you wear them on Forbidden Journey/Gringotts or do they make you take them off?
Gringotts wants them off, can't remember FJ. But, I would hold it anyway and not risk losing it.

Depends on the TM, but most times I was asked to sit on my hat on both FJ and Gringotts. (I get intense migraines from the sun...sensitive eyes...so I always have on sunglasses and a ball cap. I used to braid my hair around the strap on the back, so it couldn't fly off, but since most of the "bigger" rides asked me to take it off & sit on it, I quit doing that.)

Rides I'm usually or always asked to sit on my hat:
RRR
The Mummy
MIB
Gringotts

Forbidden Journey
"Storm's tea cups" once
Dueling Dragons
Cat in the Hat
The Hulk

Only ride I've not ridden: Dr Doom

Funny enough, I'm never asked to remove my hat on Jurassic Park's water ride & that was the only ride that threw my hat from head. Luckily, no one was hit by it & it was still in the boat, 2 rows back, at the end.

Dr Doom ride has a container by the ride seats
All articles need to be placed in it

The tm does check to make sure you have no loose articles on the ride

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter