• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lose 25% Future Cruise Credit

If we aren't able to board next week, we'll lose ours too. I'm bummed about it, but there's not a lot I can do. Though, I do feel like with Covid levels where they are currently, it would be nice to maybe have a little bit of an extension. We are in the midst of a pretty crazy surge. We want to use that money badly, but I'm literally on pins and needles every day if we test positive between now and the day we embark!
Hope to see you there. We only have to deal with our son staying negative, since we caught it about 3 weeks ago at Disneyland.

It’s not too late. You can always book a long weekend getaway thus summer or labor day. If your really don’t have any dates that you can make work, I guess not clear to me why you wouldn’t just have booked a different ship for the original mid-June dates.

I don’t see anything unfair about Disney having the same deadline for everyone—to the contrary it’s the most fair thing they can do. They’ve been clear about the Sept 30 deadline for many many months, and it is always a known possibility that a specific cruise may be cancelled due to weather, mechanical or other reasons.

It’s no different than expiring airline credits, hotel discounts thay are only good for specific dates, etc.

If we aren't able to board next week, we'll lose ours too. I'm bummed about it, but there's not a lot I can do. Though, I do feel like with Covid levels where they are currently, it would be nice to maybe have a little bit of an extension. We are in the midst of a pretty crazy surge. We want to use that money badly, but I'm literally on pins and needles every day if we test positive between now and the day we embark!
Us also. If this cruise (9-night southern Caribbean) comes off smooth sailing, we will finally be done with an awful lot of DVC pts. tied to the original B2B in Sept 2020. If something happens that we can't go on the cruise, an awful lot of DVC pts are down the drain. Never using DVC pts again. And, no, we can't go on another get-a-way prior to Sept 30 ... still in graduate school.

I don’t see anything unfair about Disney having the same deadline for everyone
For me personally, I don't think the OP was asking for some kind of special treatment, but there are a lot of people with this same situation. Many don't feel comfortable cruising because of Covid numbers, or they don't want to get vaccinated (or their small children vaccinated). We're still in the middle of a pandemic and a huge surge. I think when they set the original date, they really thought this thing would be over by this point. I know I did! But in light of where we are now, it just seems like maybe a little more time is warranted (for everyone).

It’s been so stressful trying to figure out how and when to use. We eventually gave up and canceled our spring break trip outright. We would have pushed out to summer but didn’t want the stress anyone. Good decision because covid finally got us (this BA.5 is so contagious, our daughter picked it up outside, in the sun at her summer beach program).

Us also. If this cruise (9-night southern Caribbean) comes off smooth sailing, we will finally be done with an awful lot of DVC pts. tied to the original B2B in Sept 2020. If something happens that we can't go on the cruise, an awful lot of DVC pts are down the drain. Never using DVC pts again. And, no, we can't go on another get-a-way prior to Sept 30 ... still in graduate school.
Same boat going to lose a bunch of credits if we can’t go in a handful of days with you on our next sailing. Going to be nearly impossible to go again before 9/30 given work travel that was bumped to accommodate this cruise, kids needing moved into college and priorities.

It is what it is at this point andboesson learned for using anything other than good old Visa or Mastercard for these cruises. Our stuff is a holdover from Alaska 2020!

Not complaining and yes DCL is a business and they want to and need to move this credit off their books and accounting papers but still might be nice to have an overall extension. Especially with BA.5 causing lots of rapid infections everywhere.

But you do get Your money back! A sour taste in the mouths of those who were unable to utilize the offer of an enhanced FCC - yes, I agree.

But you do get Your money back! A sour taste in the mouths of those who were unable to utilize the offer of an enhanced FCC - yes, I agree.

We too had an Alaska cruise 2020 rebooked 2021 and 2022 - eventually had to cancel because of protocols. And yes, we got our money back, but that's after Disney sat on it and collected interest for 3 years. So no, they don't get any gold sticker for giving us our money, and it seems they could have given us some kind of placeholder credit for when all restrictions are finally lifted.

We too had an Alaska cruise 2020 rebooked 2021 and 2022 - eventually had to cancel because of protocols. And yes, we got our money back, but that's after Disney sat on it and collected interest for 3 years. So no, they don't get any gold sticker for giving us our money, and it seems they could have given us some kind of placeholder credit for when all restrictions are finally lifted.
You had the choice to cancel and get your money back at any time. Disney collecting interest on money that you chose to store with them is not something to expect compensation for.

I think we're going to end up getting a refund too rather than our 25% bonus too. The only thing that makes me a little bit disappointed is that because we were on one of the later cancelled sailings (the last of the Disney Wonder cancellations), we only had a year to use the credit and during a good chunk of that period DCL has been sailing with significantly reduced offerings. It's not the end of the world, and there's a solid chance I can get a last-minute booking in before September, but it's a stark contrast to Royal Caribbean that just removed the expiration date from all FCC.

They offered you a bonus 25% and you chose not to take it because you didn't like the terms. Disney did provide very good customer service.

I'm all for calling out DCL when they do something wrong, but this isn't one of those times.
It's not that we "didn't like the terms." My family DOES NOT QUALIFY to sail under the protocols they put in place, and there are NO exceptions. Disney told us to take a long walk on a short pier. Proper customer service would try to retain the customer - and say "we understand you can't sail with us in this current environment. Here's 10% off a future cruise".
10% off for customers who were cancelled twice and can't use the 25% FCC is not going to break their bank, and does go a long way in terms of customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter