Lose 5 Pounds in January - Challenge (updated 2/2/05!)

ZerasPride

DVC Member Since 2001
I know we have several challenges going on but I figure there's always room for one more, right?

I'm thinking about starting a "Lose 5 Pounds in January" challenge. I am so close to my next 10% goal of weighing 187 pounds. I need to lose 3.5 pounds to get there but I have been stuck at the same weight for about a month now. There are some tweaks I can make to help speed things along and I was thinking that losing 5 pounds would be wonderful and it would be great to do it with WISH friends.

Here is a list of all our challengers:

Zeraspride ~ 4.5/5
Pixiechick ~ 2/5
sunkissed212 ~ 4/5
Princess Michelle ~ 1/5
sharoncity ~ 2/5
MelanieC ~ 5.8/5
TXBelle ~ 3.5/5
Tera ~ 5.1/5
faireygod mother ~ 12/5
Good Ol Gal ~ 7.5/5
Beastlover ~1/5
thotfulspot ~ 1/5
Blueeyes101817 ~ 2/5
capthooksmom ~ 2/5
perfectmatch300
Minniespal ~ 3/5
TammyNC ~ 9.5/5
lulu201 ~ 2/5
Auntmeme
clr1194 ~ 4.5/5
plutosmyfav
chrismiss56
jay-nee ~ 15/5
njcarita ~ 4/5
Desiree ~ 4/5
westjones ~6.6/5
kjs1976
kayeandjim00 ~ 8.8/5
AuroraluvsPhillip ~ 8/5
goldcupmom ~ 6.4/5
sadeeyore ~ 5.5/5
wilderness01 ~ 6/5
HappyMommy2 ~ 2/5
Zoesmama03 ~ .5/5
Wbgirl ~ 7/5
Deb000S ~ -.5/5
Debbie ~ 6.5/5
newholidayx2
ksoehrlein ~ 2.9/5
shopgirl72
julie&nicksmom ~ 5/5
Steve’s wife
aeryn ~ 7/5
chimera ~ 2.2/5
johde ~ 9.7/5
bubie2.5 ~ 1.5
cinmell
CarolA ~ 7.5/5
WDWLVR ~ 4/5
Princess Vija ~9.4/5
DisDarling
kikipug ~ 3/5
airhead ~ 14/5
Amyup ~ 2/5
r3ngels ~ 6/5
wtpclc ~ 2/5
NickandLivvysmom
cats7494 ~ 2/5
taekwondo mom ~ 2/5
NancyIL
tae1218 ~5/5
catherine ~ 10/5
panfan
zagafi ~ 8/5
robinb
cra-z-4-dizney ~ 11/5
LisaF

There are 67 of us in total. If I missed someone, please let me know. I hope we each have a good healthy eating week and can each report a loss! Once a participant reaches 3 pounds lost, I will change their color to green.

At 5 pounds I will change your color to red for "goal" and anyone losing more than 5 pounds your name will be displayed in (hold your breath now) purple! If that isn't motivation, then I don't know what is! So let's get these 5 pounds off our bodies!!!! :cool1:

UPDATE: 2/2/05:

I have made a final update to the totals. Everyone has done a fantastic job! Congratulations to our biggest loser of the month: jay-nee who lost an incredible 15 pounds in January!!!

UPDATE: 1/25/05:

Congrats to the following challengers who earned green status this week:

Zeraspride, clr1194, WDWLVR and Minniespal

Congrats to the following challengers who earned red (goal) status this week:

Tera and johde

Congrats to the following challengers who earned purple status by going the extra mile and losing more than 5 pounds this week:

AuroraluvsPhillip, Princess Veja, CarolA, r3ngels, westjones and zagafi

Super Duper Congrats to those that have shattered the ceiling of our challenge by losing 10 or more pounds, earning a magenta color and raising the bar for the rest of us:

cra-z-4-dizney, catherine, faireygodmother and airhead.

UPDATE: 1/18/05:

Congrats to the following challengers who earned green status this week:

zagafi, sunkissed212, Tera, TXBelle, Debbie and njcarita.

Congrats to the following challengers who earned red (goal) status this week:

AuroraluvsPhillip, WBgirl and r3ngels.

Congrats to the following challengers who earned purple status by going the extra mile and losing more than 5 pounds this week:

jay-nee, kayeandjim00, aeryn and TammyNC.

Super Duper Congrats to those that have shattered the ceiling of our challenge by losing 10 or more pounds, earning a magenta color and raising the bar for the rest of us this week:

cra-z-4-dizney and airhead.

As always, please please let me know if I have your stats correct or if I am missing anyone. Thanks everyone and lets keep losing!

UPDATE: 1/14/05 Congratulations to the following challengers:

CarolA who is more than half way to our challenge goal of 5 pounds with 4.5 pounds lost this week. Wbgirl checked in at a little more than the half way mark! Tera also joins those that have lost at least 3 pounds. kayeandjim00, AuroraluvsPhillip, r3ngels, sunkissed and Good Ol Gal and zagafi join those in the ranks who have lost at least 3 pounds as well. WTG guys!

Congratulations to faireygodmother who has shattered the ceiling of our challenge with an impressive 6/5 pounds lost this week and was the first to report in that she has made goal! Following right behind FGM with grand total of 9/5 pounds lost this first week is airhead! Also joining FGM and airhead in reaching goal for our challenge is tae1218, cra-z-4dizney, Princess Vija, and goldcup Woohoo!! I know there are several WISHers who'll be sportin' their magenta color soon!

Speaking of magenta colored WISHers, we have our very first one! catherine! Congrats! Everyone is working so hard and you are all so inspiring!!!

To keep those that have met the 5 pound goal for the challenge motivated, we have a new color designation. Hold on to your hats, if you lose 10+ pounds this month, your name will be displayed in magenta. So let's keep working at this WISHers and see all our names in beautiful colors! :flower:

Again, please let me know if I am missing anyone's weight loss stats for the week. Everyone needs to be counted!

I'm in!

I've actually managed to lose a couple of pounds during the holidays. I would love to keep going and lose some more.

Thanks for setting this up!

Count me in! I'm on my way to 68 and have 45 more to go...so, 5 at a time is a good challenge for me. I haven't been on the scale in a few days.

I think we can ALL do 5 pounds in January! Good Luck Everyone!

I'm in too! 5 pounds is just the tip of the iceberg for me, but hey, it's a great start right???!!!!
Thanks for inspiring us Lisa! :cool1:

Welcome to the Lose 5 challenge pixiechick, sunkissed212, Princess Michelle and sharoncity!!!!!

I am so glad to have you guys join up with me! I hope we have some other WISHers to join us as well.

I was thinking that we could use whatever our weight is on January 1 or January 2 and take it from there. If you all just check in once per week and let me know how well you are doing, I'll list each our names in this thread with our weekly progress. Thanks everyone that has joined so far! :cool1:

Hi Lisa,
Count me in!!! I definately want to loose 5 in January!! Thanks for starting this!

I will be starting on South Beach after the 1/2 marathon on January 9. I'm in for the 5 pound challenge! princess:

If Michelle's in, then so am I :cool1: :cool1:

I can do 5 pounds and like sunkissed said, 5 pounds at a time :earboy2: My official weight in is on Tuesday the 4th, so I don't know if I'll weight myself before that or go with that date as my official start weight.

I'll try it too. I only wanted to weigh once a month because when I do weekly it becomes dailey and then several times a day. Get the picture.
:worried:

Count me in!

I'm so excited...this is my first official W.I.S.H. challenge!

Sign me up! What a great way to start 2005! Thanks for coming up with such a nice challenge!

id like to join in too--i will find out friday if i met my new years goal..but i know i did a lot better because of all the support i got here!!

Lisa, please add me to your list! Unfortunately I've been way off my eating plan lately & those #'s on the scale are starting to creep back up! I do not want that to happen! I've come too far & I want to stop this backslide before it goes any farther! 5 lbs in Jan it is!

Hey Lisa ~

I just love your challenges. Count me in. I've got about 20 pounds to lose before I hit goal and would really like to get there before the summer.

Please count me in, I have a long way to go, but this will be another incentive to get my act in gear. Thanks for starting this one. Hopefully between the exercise one and this one, I'll get back on track.

Hi, Lisa! Please add me to the list. 5 in January for me!

Erin

Count me in too! I'm off for the 1/2 marathon but will truly commit after I return on the 11th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter