Losing weight for Mickey

tiffytrips said:
^sounds interesting is this an established plan?

its an app that I downloaded. it trains you for 8 weeks to go from walking/lite running to running. you walk/run 3x a week using the timeframe on the app, slowly expanding your run time. its actually encouraged me to want to work out more! i hear this type of work out increases your metabolism

Name: Ashley
Diet: low fat and trying to stay away from carbs - turns out wheat is not my friend! Doing Slimming World with a friend as she's getting married
Exercise: Doing 3 30 day challenges; Abs, Push ups and Squats
Also planning on downloading couch to 5k when i get home after reading about it here!
Start Date: July 8th
Start weight - 183lbs (lost 3 already, 2nd weigh in tonight so fingers crossed!)
Goal 1: Lose 35lbs as soon as i can
Goal 2: When the fats gone, tone up arms and stomach.
Goal 3: look fantastic in my bridesmaids dress!

ashleyfallis said:
Name: Ashley
Diet: low fat and trying to stay away from carbs - turns out wheat is not my friend! Doing Slimming World with a friend as she's getting married
Exercise: Doing 3 30 day challenges; Abs, Push ups and Squats
Also planning on downloading couch to 5k when i get home after reading about it here!
Start Date: July 8th
Start weight - 183lbs (lost 3 already, 2nd weigh in tonight so fingers crossed!)
Goal 1: Lose 35lbs as soon as i can
Goal 2: When the fats gone, tone up arms and stomach.
Goal 3: look fantastic in my bridesmaids dress!

Great goals Ashley!

Name: Ashley Age: 29 Diet: low fat and trying to stay away from carbs - turns out wheat is not my friend! Doing Slimming World with a friend as she's getting married Exercise: Doing 3 30 day challenges; Abs, Push ups and Squats Also planning on downloading couch to 5k when i get home after reading about it here! Start Date: July 8th Start weight - 183lbs (lost 3 already, 2nd weigh in tonight so fingers crossed!) Goal 1: Lose 35lbs as soon as i can Goal 2: When the fats gone, tone up arms and stomach. Goal 3: look fantastic in my bridesmaids dress!

Best of luck!!

I know I may sound like a broken record, but also try and eliminate as much sugar as you can. It's the fastest way to lose the existing fat. Overall, fat is not bad. Our bodies eat fat, but sugar is easier to burn, so the body uses that first. We are eating so much sugar now, that the body can't get through it all and never gets to the fat we already have.

Try eliminating it for a week and a half and you will see amazing gains.

Best of luck!!

I know I may sound like a broken record, but also try and eliminate as much sugar as you can. It's the fastest way to lose the existing fat. Overall, fat is not bad. Our bodies eat fat, but sugar is easier to burn, so the body uses that first. We are eating so much sugar now, that the body can't get through it all and never gets to the fat we already have.

Try eliminating it for a week and a half and you will see amazing gains.

Thanks for your support guys :blush: went to weigh in last night and lost another 1lb! Not what i'd hoped for but 1 off is better than one on :rotfl:

My diet consists of pretty much fruit and veg to be honest - I've not had chocolate, cake, candy, crisps etc for over 3 weeks now! go me ::yes::

How's everyone else getting on?

Way to go! I didn't work out last night and like a bad girl I had a handful of chocolate chips. I'll be paying for it today. Going to the treadmill shortly.

Hey all, I am currently trying to lose some weight for my next vacation as well. Not just for my vacation but for myself! I struggled with an eating disorder throughout my high school and early college years.

Since I've "recovered" I've gained some weight and have gone through the constant up and downs in my weight. I'm currently at my highest I've ever been (176) and I have finally said "enough is enough!"

I want to lose weight, the healthy way. Good luck to all of you on your journeys, I am happy that I have finally started mine! On the road to better health!

I can't believe I am still on here with all this yo-yoing but here we go again:

SW: 192.5
CW: 176.8
GW: 125

don't cheer - it's been three years! :sad:

I can't believe I am still on here with all this yo-yoing but here we go again:

CW: 176.8

don't cheer - it's been three years! :sad:

3 Years is not a big deal, I have been doing this for 3 years also. I also still have the same goal that I am still trying to hit since the last time I had a ticker (December 2013) . For me I look at this as a life change and life changes take time. I know how it is to want to be able to lose the weight fast and just be done but the plus side of taking a while is that you get used to the way life has to be lived to lose weight and maintain a lower weight.

Good Luck on the next part of your journey! pixiedust:

I'm excited to join :) our first trip is end of October and I am so uncomfortable wearing shorts that I've decided to do something about it
Starting weight: 194.8 lbs
Current weight: 189 lbs
Goal by 10/24/14 170 lbs I haven't seen this number since 2008
Ultimate goal somewhere around 145-155 I'm 5"7
I cut out soda, only drinking water and I'm working on the bread dairy and sugar. Not exercising yet but plan to start this week with some cardio, and next week will start couch to 5k. I'm out of shape just going up the stairs so I definitely need to get in Shape to be able to move comfortably during my trip. HEre we go!

Hey everyone! :wave: We are down to ONE MONTH FROM TODAY until we arrive in Disney World, so I need to get my butt in gear.

Name: Lauren
Diet: Just clean eating with some Advocare products
Exercise: T25.. it's brutal.
Start Date: August 14, 2014 (TOMORROW!)
Start weight - 130lbs

Goals: I realize I only have 1 month before Disney, so my goal is to drop the last few pounds my body is holding onto. I recently just stopped breastfeeding and I'm one of the few that actually retains weight rather than dropping. So, now it's crunch time.

I look forward to support and getting to know everyone!

First timer and 37 days to go.

Diet: low to no carbs, veggies, meats (mostly lean)
Exercise: walking to help build up stamina
Goal: energize!!! Of course weight off is great and much needed but just stamina at this point to chase little ones

3 Years is not a big deal, I have been doing this for 3 years also. I also still have the same goal that I am still trying to hit since the last time I had a ticker (December 2013) . For me I look at this as a life change and life changes take time. I know how it is to want to be able to lose the weight fast and just be done but the plus side of taking a while is that you get used to the way life has to be lived to lose weight and maintain a lower weight.

Good Luck on the next part of your journey! pixiedust:

Thanks for the good vibes! It IS frustrating but I proceed! ;)
CW: 176

Hey Everyone,

I'm joining in. I have well over a year before our trip but I want to feel healthy sooner rather than later. I realized it was time to start when nothing fit and my scale said I weighed what I did at the height of my last pregnancy.

SW: 145
CW: 138
GW: No set number, just feel happy with the way my clothes fit :goodvibes

Following for inspiration and motivation! I'm hoping to lose another 10-15 by my trip in December. Currently down 11 since May through a nutrition program, strength training, running and cycling.

Disney is definitely the best motivation I can find!!

Name: Dawn
Starting/Current weight : 137lbs (that's a lot for me, as I'm only 5'2)
Goal: 115 lbs
Diet: Eating clean as much as possible
Exercise: Running ad strength training
Start date 8/18/14

I'm really, really good at starting diets/exercise programs. I just never seem to finish them! Truly, though, I need to drop these pounds. I struggle with my weight, and since I had my daughter 2 years ago my belly just looks different. I am really doing this more for health than anything else. I'm an RN and I see everyday the horrible things that excess weight does to your body. I want to set a good example for my daughter, and I want to be as healthy as possible for as long as possible. Now that I'm in my 30's, maintaining my health and preventing future problems has become a top priority!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter