Losing weight for Mickey

Returned today from a week at WDW and the dining plan. No weight gain. No loss either. I supposed I balanced all those desserts with all that walking. :)

Hi. I'm Crystal. I'm a SAHM to a 4yo and 4mo. I'm losing weight for our Disney trip. Luckily, I have 10 months to do it. I'm already down 6 lbs. Only 9-14 more to go. :cheer2: I'd like to reach my goal weight by summer. So that I can just work on maintaining between then and our trip.

Name: Crystal
Type of diet: portion control (especially at dinner)
Excercise: Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred, Leslie Sansone's Walking Away the Pounds, WiiFit
Start date of diet: 1/1/09
Goal: 115-120
Weight at start of diet: 135
Height: 5'2"
Weight loss to date: 6 lbs (129)

Just sharing/updating...

I am proud to share that I have officially lost my first 20 lbs since I changed to a healthier lifestyle. I started in mid-November and was down 20.2 lbs on Friday. I have more weight to lose before we return to WDW in May (hopefully another 20 lbs by then) but was excited to share my news.

Good luck to everyone on your quest for a healthier lifestyle!

Congrats on losing the 20 lbs, I am sure you will rid yourself of the next 20 too. Keep up the great work, glad you are learning a healthier lifestyle.

Update: Just over 30 days until our trip, and I'm now down to a solid men's 3X, which was my pre-trip goal. Still way too large, but a far cry from the 6X I was dealing with 13 months ago.

I'm so impressed by everyone's success! This looks like a great thread for support, hope no-one minds if I join in the fun! I've been up and down and up and down, as i'm sure we all have, but I really want to get back on track and maintain a healthy lifestyle for good this time! One of my chief motivations is to lose weight so i can get pregnant and start a family (and eventually take said family to disney! That may sound strange, but for some reason I find motivation in that!). I've been reading this forum and thread for a few weeks now and have found it very inspiring!

some stats..
age 28, female, 5'2
current weight: 197.5
goal weight: 150 (for now)
Disney goal: 165 before going to Disneyland in California! (5/26/2009)
Eating plan: healthy eating with a focus on protein, fruits, veggies, and nuts
Exercise: Mostly treadmill, video game "yourself fitness", and occasional weights, jump roping, and punching bags, some videos.
Motivations: to lose weight to get pregnant! To maintain a healthy lifestyle

I look forward to posting with everyone and sharing in your successes. Keep up the good work everyone! :goodvibes

We got home last night from 8days in wdw. I put on 10lbs.:scared1: I did eat like a champ I will admit, but with all the walking:confused3

oh well... now instead of 5lbs to goal, I have 15:lmao:

We got home last night from 8days in wdw. I put on 10lbs.:scared1: I did eat like a champ I will admit, but with all the walking:confused3

oh well... now instead of 5lbs to goal, I have 15:lmao:

Most of it could be water. There's is a lot of sodium in the meals at resturaunts which would cause you to hold on to water. Its almost impossible to gain 10lbs of fat in just 8 days. I'm sure you'll see a big difference in a day or tow. Just drink a ton of water to help flush everything. Shoot for a gallon a day.

Before having my kids I was 110lbs and 5' 9", at the age of 29. Now I am a SAHM with two kids at the age of almost 37 I am 168lbs. I carry all my weight in the mid-section. I had to have my throid removed and now I have hypothroidism. It is really hard for me to lose weight. I don't have exercise machines, I can't go on walks due to it either being to hot or to cold to take the baby out with me, and when I do I feel like my heart is about to give out, lol. On top of that I have so much stress with my Mom having cancer and my husband working long hours and never getting time to myself to think, so I eat all the time. Does this Weight Watchers really work. I need to do something so I can feel better about myself and feel comfortable in my body and clothes. Anyone with advice please feel free to give it.

Shannon
ALOT of allergies--seafood, shellfish, all nuts, and wheat
now-190
wish-135
trying to lose weight for our trip in June. I know I should be dropping pounds left and right but I'm not. Where
I work I am the only person so its hard for me to work in exercise. We stay busy, but its a sit down job. I work from 8a-7p Monday thru Saturday. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Any diets would be awesome.
Hope to hear from some of you soon!:confused:

Before having my kids I was 110lbs and 5' 9", at the age of 29. Now I am a SAHM with two kids at the age of almost 37 I am 168lbs. I carry all my weight in the mid-section. I had to have my throid removed and now I have hypothroidism. It is really hard for me to lose weight. I don't have exercise machines, I can't go on walks due to it either being to hot or to cold to take the baby out with me, and when I do I feel like my heart is about to give out, lol. On top of that I have so much stress with my Mom having cancer and my husband working long hours and never getting time to myself to think, so I eat all the time. Does this Weight Watchers really work. I need to do something so I can feel better about myself and feel comfortable in my body and clothes. Anyone with advice please feel free to give it.

The only way to do it and get healthy is to just do it. You have to get your head fully in to what you are doing and what you want you body to be. There are tons of things you can do at home with no equipment. You can walk or run up and down stairs, jump and pretend you're using a jump rope, get the Jillian Micheals 30-day shred work out, take control of your diet/eating. You can do this if you take it one piece at a time. You can find TONS & TONS of info at bodybuilding.com (its not just for body builders- there are all levels there) You've been through a lot and taking care of a lot of people. Take some time for yourself. Do this for yourself, your health. Exercising releases endorphins that will naturally make you feel good and better about your self. You can do this!!!:yay:

Hi All! I also want to lose weight before going to the House of Mouse! We go June 21 to June 28th! :goodvibes PM me if you want to buddy up to keep accountability.

Name: Denya
Type of diet: low carb
Excercise: Wii Personal Trainer and The Shred
Start date of diet: Today 2/21
Goal: 160
Weight at start of diet: 179

Hey Denya...I'm in Aledo (just west of Fort Worth).

Anyway...haven't checked in for a while. Just a quick refresher about who I am. I am a lifetime Weight Watcher member who lost 118 in 2006. Since our move in June I had slowly started putting weight on. On January 8th I said enough is enough and I went back to WW. Turns out I was still under my "official" goal weight but I had put on 14 pounds since May. My goal was to lose that weight before Disney and to get control of myself again.

As of this week I am down 10.2 pounds and 3.8 away from my goal before we leave. I have 3 more weigh-ins left before we leave for the World on March 12th. Not too sure I will make it. This week my loss was .8. My weight loss per week average has been 2.28 but I did have a week that I ganed 1.2 and then of course this weeks loss of only .8.

So I'm not too sure I will make it but at this point I don't know if that number is the most important thing to worry about. I feel better, I feel in control and I fit back into my jeans! I have a plan of action for Disney World food. I usually take my own Weight Watcher muffins for breakfast and snack bars for when I'm hungry in the parks during the day. This year after talking it over with my leader and weighing (no pun intended) the pros and cons I've decided that when I don't have a breakfast reservation I will be eating the kids breakfast choice at our resort. I will also forgo taking snack bars with us and just hit the fresh fruit in the parks as my snacks when hungry.

Start weight: 210lbs (July 7th, 2008)
Current weight: 182lbs
Goal weight by Disney (Jan. 27): 185lbs *I did it! :cool1:*
Goal weight by Surgery (Apr. 28): 170lbs
Ultimate goal weight: 165lbs

Came back from Disney to discover that I did not gain a single pound on vacation! :cool1:

I have been stuck and hovering with losing weight though... hard to get back on track after 2.5 weeks of vacation. I seem to be back in the swing of things though and am down another 2lbs... working my way down to my surgery goal.

I look way better in this trips pictures than our trips from '07 and next year will be even better because I will be at goal! :D Yep, we booked our next vacation already... Jan 3 - 12, 2010 in AKV Concierge!

Came back from Disney to discover that I did not gain a single pound on vacation! :cool1:

I have been stuck and hovering with losing weight though... hard to get back on track after 2.5 weeks of vacation. I seem to be back in the swing of things though and am down another 2lbs... working my way down to my surgery goal.

I look way better in this trips pictures than our trips from '07 and next year will be even better because I will be at goal! :D Yep, we booked our next vacation already... Jan 3 - 12, 2010 in AKV Concierge!

:thumbsup2 Good for you!
I think that is the hardest thing... getting back on track. You just cant diet at WDW, it just isnt right:laughing: When we got home I stepped on the scale and it was up 10lbs. But with menstral weight gain and from all the salty foods I was eating, it all came off. So I guess all that walking pays off. I am at 100lbs gone. I have 5 more. And it has been the hardest 5lbs ever! I have been trying for a month now and its driving me mad!!
But am fortunate for the fact that I have shed 100lbs. Not only that, but I took all kinds of pics with my kids. And I have most of them on the wall. Which is a shocker. My mom commented to me last night that I should have taken before and after pics. I told her I didnt take pics before:lmao:

Good luck with your weight loss goals.
And have fun on the AKV trip next year... that is awesome:thumbsup2

Hello fellow Diser's & weight watcher's,

About 8 years ago I started "dieting" I started with Slim fast and lost 21 lbs. Had my son and gained it back:scared: . Had another son and gained even more back:sad1: . When my son truned 2 and I saw what I looked like in the vacation pictures :eek: and I knew enough was enough and started weight watchers. I lost almost 30 lbs. :worship: I've been pretty steady at the same weight with the exception of the few lbs I gained when I had a surgery and didn't excerise at all . With weight watchers I lost about 2lbs a week but I know I didn't eat the healthy foods I should be just concentrated on staying within my points. Last week I was told of www.livestrong.com. I signed up, input my height and my weight and my goal (3lbs a week). It specified what my caloric intake should be. You then add everything you eat daily and your excerise daily. In addition to tracking how many calories you have left for the day you add how much water intake daily too. The best thing about this is it tracks the carbs, protien, fiber fat your intaking daily too. On the side it has a pie chart to show you how much percentage of your food intake is protien, carbs and fat. This is great! It's not just telling you your points for a day but its telling you how healthy the foods your eating are (I'm also eating more foods then weight watchers). You should be balancing these 3 out for a properly balanced diet. I've been on it for a week now and lost 3lbs. I also held off on going to the gym for the last week and got Jillian Michaels (Biggest Looser) Trouble areas DVD to do it at home. It's kicking my butt but I can see and feel a difference in all those trouble spots :worship: . I highly recommend checking livestrong out. At this rate I'll be 4lbs from my goal weight (high school & bikini days weight).:cheer2:

I just found this thread and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one trying to lose a few pounds before our Disney trip. We are going May 9-16.

Name: Tina
Type of diet: Calorie Counting
Excercise: Treadmill, Exercise DVDs
Start date of diet: January 1st
Goal: 170
Weight at start of diet: 193
Weight now: 180

Prior to our last Disney trip in 2007 I lost 30 pounds, going from 220 to 190 before the trip. I was able to maintain that loss and then started trying to lose again this past January. It's a little harder this time around but so far I've lost 13 pounds and I hope I can get off the last 10 before we leave in 2 months. That's only a little over a pound a week so I hope it happens. My motivation is because we take so many pictures at Disney that I want to like how I look in them. I remember back in 2007 I was happy because I was 30 pounds lighter and I felt better about how I looked in the pictures. I think I'll feel even better with another 20+ pounds gone.

Tina, sounds like you are making great progress, keep it up and you will be at your goal in no time.

Hello all, I am up for joining too. I realized after I was looking through pictures of our last 3 disney trips with my husband that when my kids get older they will wonder why I wasn't on vacation too:) We are planning a trip at the end of August and this time I want to be in at least a couple of pictures!

Start weight: 192
current weight: 178
goal for disney trip: 140
final goal: 120 (my pre-children weight)

I know it will be hot in August and I want to wear shorts (something I haven't done in a long time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter