Losing weight for trip...Aug. 2011

For those who use Weight Watchers here, a question:

I belonged to WW ten years ago - and still have the points finder and exercise finder slide things that I used. :-) How has the program changed? Are the points targets still the same? I know they tweak their programs year after year - and I'm just wondering if it changes all that much, or is it really more business driven.

Thoughts?

The points system has changed completely from what I've been told. You get more points per day and the calculations are more complex. But, I have a calculator and if you PM me, I can calculate your daily points and give you the run down on the program as it stands now.

I could lose 30lbs by then. I acually joined a walking group that trains you for a 5k in 12 weeks. Today is the beginning of the 2nd week and I can already feel myself getting firmer.

I am going to WDW the last week of May, 2011. I have lost 7 lbs. so far. My goal is 65 lbs. Not by trip time but in the end. I will not give up. I have visited wiht my Dr. and he has agreed to a 1200 cal diet. I drink a ton of water, half of my body weight in ounces. It's so much that I struggle to reach 1200 calories, lol. The 7 lbs. lost so far has been without much exercise, unless you include housework and 2 children to keep me busy.
I am glad this thread is going, encouragement is always needed.

Keep your chin up and work to get your weight down!!!!!

Went to they gym this morning. I have been every day since Monday. I am going to try and go M-F with Saturday and sunday for Walking this week. Though I will be doing some walking today.

Followed loseit.com for two full days with the very first day on my own. So 3 days total.
Weighed on Sunday and have to go for my yearly today. I know the scale is different so I will try not to "think" about it if I haven't lost anything in just a few days of following the 1200 cal. diet. I am still going to take my shoes and sweatshirt off though. LOL!!
Wishing all of you a successful day!!
Pouring rain here on the East Coast. Ew.
:goodvibes
Christie

Do strawberries count if you dip them in chocolate before you eat them? :confused3 Oh well, good thing I am going to the gym today.

An idea that we did 3 years ago when we went. I googled the distance from our house to Disney (we stayed at the Poly so that is address I used). As a family we biked/walked the miles to Disney around our neighborhood, etc. Each time we went for a bike ride we measured how far and that got 'logged' as miles, same with walking. Got us all in shape for all the walking, gave us time together as a family or one on one with the kids. Also got us featured in small article in Family Circle. My son and I even did our first mini-marathon that year...getting ready for number three soon. We also watched what we ate, etc.

Good luck and have fun!

My daughter (8) and I are going at the end of July. I am SO totally needing to do weight loss before we go. I would love to lose about 50 pounds before then. I think your idea about walking is wonderful. And getting in shape to walk while you are there is perfect. Currently I am doing the Wii Fit Plus and Jillian Michaels for the Wii. What I need to work on is the food intake. I am going to check out smartpeople.com today for sure. Thanks for the ideas! I need all the help I can get!:thumbsup2

19 to go. :thumbsup2
I know slow and steady wins this race and I WILL NOT get discouraged.
I notice a little less "muffin" on top of my jeans so, I'm sure I'm doing the right things.
Good luck everyone!
:hippie:

Do strawberries count if you dip them in chocolate before you eat them? :confused3 Oh well, good thing I am going to the gym today.

as long as it's dark chocolate, it has antioxidants in it that help with complection.

I have to join in. I plan to lose 80lbs buy October. It's our 1st time to the world and I want to dress up for MNSSHP and not wear a sheet. To accomplish this, I've started Turbo Fire. It's a collection of 15 workouts on 12 dvds. It comes with a three different schedules so you know what workouts to do on what days, a lower body band, a resistance band, and a food guide. The schedules are a 9 week prep schedule - to introduce you to the work outs, a 5 day Inferno - a very intense 5 day work out schedule with a 1200 calorie a day meal plan designed to "super kick start" your weigh loss, and the 20 week schedule. On these schedules, I work out 5-6 days a week. Some days, it's only a 30 minute workout, other days it's 55 minutes. I am currently on week 7 of the prep schedule. After 5 weeks I've dropped 5lbs, 8.5", and 2 points on my BMI.

When I first started working out the scale didn't budge until after two weeks. After one week, I bought a belt. When I bought it, I had to wear it at it's loosest setting. It is now at it's tightest setting.

I'm down 2 lbs - with 18 to go. I hoped it would be more at this morning's weigh in.

Next couple of weeks will be maintain since we have 3 days next week @ DL and GCH. :cool1:

Then it is back to hard work until my birthday in May.
Good luck everyone!
:hippie:

I looked at the sparklepeople website...oddly, their suggestion for me for dinner tonight was half a cup of brown rice with 1 tsp of margarine on it and two broccoli spears and about a half dozen almond slices. Oh, and a cup of milk. That seems a bit extreme, don't you think? The snack was a half cup of greens. I've been on 800 calorie a day diets that let me eat more than that!

I looked at the sparklepeople website...oddly, their suggestion for me for dinner tonight was half a cup of brown rice with 1 tsp of margarine on it and two broccoli spears and about a half dozen almond slices. Oh, and a cup of milk. That seems a bit extreme, don't you think? The snack was a half cup of greens. I've been on 800 calorie a day diets that let me eat more than that!

That doesn't seem right - unless you get a cheeseburger for lunch :lmao:

Someone mentioned using myfitnesspal.com. I have the app on my iphone and luv it! I enter my meals before I even fix them and am able to track my calories so easily. Makes ordering healthy options at restaurants easy too. When i know what we're having for dinner I go ahead and enter that amd i know how much to eat the rest of the day. I've lost 8 lbs in 6 weeks!

i joined weight watchers last week and love it! lost 2lbs in the first week and i dont even feel like im in on a diet. 28lbs more to go:cool1:

actually I'm losing unwanted pounds by help of diet pills Reductil. They work well for me and I don't have any side effects. Just the site I was buying them from is out of stock for reductil and I'm a little desperate as I have pills for 2 more weeks. Anybody here knows a safe site to order these pills from?
I have to lose 30 more pounds and get in shape till September :bride:

Count me in! I've been on Sparkpeople before but kind of lost interest. Now I have something to push for, so I'm more likely to stick with it.

How is everyone doing with their weight loss journey? I'm only down 2, but I have yet to start running (warm up, please, Mother Nature!). I feel on track and very positive about meeting my goal for August.

I hadn't checked back in until now and was pleasantly surprised to see others liked my Main Street sundress goal! I actually went ahead and bought *ahem* a couple of dresses I really loved in my goal size. I started buying them last fall when I started. I try them on every couple of weeks to motivate me and see my success. Nothing motivates better than that! I should really take some pics of those dresses. That would be awesome to see everyone's goal MSSs! :cool1:

Good luck to everyone! I'm off to try on some dresses...:dance3:

I know I'm a little late in the game, but I'd love to join too. I started my "life change" (the word diet scares me:scared1:) about 6 weeks ago and am down 24 lbs. I would love to lose 50+ but am taking small steps and shooting for 10% of weight loss at a time. Once I reach that I work towards the next 10%.

Another 25 pounds before our August trip would make me a REALLY happy girl! :worship:

Thinking thin for everyone ;)

I'm down 19lbs since I started WW in Feb. I'm so happy! I feel like I am a little "off the wagon" this week. We lost our cat this week and I think I'm a bit of a stress eater, I'm not eating much but not calculating as much. I'll get back on track after Easter.

Distopia!
I was one that loved your sundress idea!
I am also only down about 2lbs 1.7 to be exact (not quite) in 3 weeks. A bit discouraged but haven't had a gain that time, so that is GOOD!
I have a lot to lose, but I really just want to lose the jelly belly. It is so grody.
LOL.
I am on loseit.com (i like it so much better than sparkpeople. it is simpler)
I just wanted to check in! We are in our home stretch. Less than 2 months till our trip! AHHHHH!!!!!

If any of you join loseit. add me as a friend!
Christine Beehler
cbeehler3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter