Lost Luggage and Palo

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
If something should happen and my palo clothes are in a suitcase that gets lost will they still let me in if I explain the situation? Also my foot health has recently gotten worse and my doc thinks I shouldn't wear close toed shoes in order to avoid pain. Wil Palo accept this?

If something should happen and my palo clothes are in a suitcase that gets lost will they still let me in if I explain the situation? Also my foot health has recently gotten worse and my doc thinks I shouldn't wear close toed shoes in order to avoid pain. Wil Palo accept this?
If you have a foot problem, I would think Palo will accept your shoes.!
In general, people are not all fancied up at Palo, so, if you have something within the dress code you should be fine. You would be disappointed if you couldn’t wear your special clothes, so, I do hope your suitcase doesn’t get lost and all goes as it should!

For the shoes, I would try to have something that's a "nicer" open toe shoe, rather than "ratty old flip flops that are fresh off the beach"

In addition to the good info above, I'd also suggest that you have a change of clothes (including alternate pair of shoes) in your carryon.

I always wear open toe shoes to Palo with no issue. They are usually nice sandals or heels, but there doesn't seem to be a closed toe requirement.

We once saw a woman at Brunch in yoga pants/leggings and a tshirt that looked like a concert tshirt. I'm guessing lost luggage was her situation because we have seen some men who look very nice be sent back to their room for wearing shorts (yet I've seen women allowed in with shorts :confused3).

And for the disclaimer, I'm not judging anyone, what others wear doesn't affect me 1 way or the other, I just pay attention because the question does come up here often. ;)

Last edited:
Where are you seeing no open-toed shoes? The dress code does not say no open toed shoes. It says no flip flops. There are plenty of nice open toed shoes that are not flip flops that can be worn - so I would not expect them to allow your shoes if your only idea of open-toed is flip flops.

The exception would be if you're doing Be Our Chef. That specifies close-toed shoes because you're going to be around sharp and hot things. I would not expect any exceptions to that. (Ditto any excursion you do that specifies close-toed shoes.)

I wish I had screenshotted it but I'm pretty sure when we were onboard, the notification we received about Palo brunch dress said specifically 'no shorts for men.' It just stuck out to me that it had specified that the requirement only applied to one gender.

I wish I had screenshotted it but I'm pretty sure when we were onboard, the notification we received about Palo brunch dress said specifically 'no shorts for men.' It just stuck out to me that it had specified that the requirement only applied to one gender.

That's interesting! I always thought it was no shorts for everyone which is why I was surprised to see women wearing them. But that would make sense if the rule is just for men. The rule doesn't really make sense but it explains what I've experienced. :teeth:

Just a guess, but maybe, since it's not unusual for women to show their legs when wearing skirts/dresses, they feel shorts are not out of the realm to be considered "dressy".

Saw a couple last week (palo brunch) wearing casual shirts and jeans and sneakers. I thought they were underdressed, and I'm the most casual dresser around. I wore a dress with sandals and felt like I was appropriately dressed. My guys wore dress shirts with ties and slacks.

I did screen shot it and it says nothing about open toes shoes for Palo. This was 3 weeks ago.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter