Lots of posts today on Facebook regarding ‘stacking’ ending

It's why they should have went the Universal route. Charge a premium for it and let people get in queues whenever they want.
That would be worth the price to me.
I like that Disney offers VIP tours for those who can afford them but for the vast majority of people (us included) there is no way we could ever justify the cost of a VIP tour given our financial status.

Disney has VIP tours for those who want 'walk on' access to everything and for the rest they offer something more reasonable.

I'd prefer 'free' but if I have to pay something, I can find $15 when I want to.

I like that Disney offers VIP tours for those who can afford them but for the vast majority of people (us included) there is no way we could ever justify the cost of a VIP tour given our financial status.

Disney has VIP tours for those who want 'walk on' access to everything and for the rest they offer something more reasonable.

I'd prefer 'free' but if I have to pay something, I can find $15 when I want to.
True but $15/person was $79 for us & one day was for 2 rides! That’s absurd.

Given what happened this week stacking is going to be largely irrelevant anyway. You’ll be lucky if you pull 2 lightning lane attractions total before everything sells out. AK was out of every single lightning lane including all the shows by 2:20 pm today.
This. Didn’t even bother with Genie plus at Epcot on Tuesday because test track return was at 9pm by 7:30 am, Soarin was already at 2 pm and none of the others really matter. I couldn’t book an iLL for Frozen because I wasn’t a resort guest and they were sold out by the time I could—and the Ratatouille queue told me no slots available at 7 am and at 1 pm. At MK on Monday I did do Genie+ but only got Jungle Cruise at 7 am (11 am return time) and Peter Pan at 11am ( 5 pm return time) before everything else was sold out. Really not worth the money.

True but $15/person was $79 for us & one day was for 2 rides! That’s absurd.
Exactly our experience yesterday at HS. Paid for G+ for 5 for 2 rides. Main rides sold out quickly. Since it was our arrival day we got to the park later but with the 2 hour stack not sure how much better it would have been. As feared strategies discussed so far don't seem to be the best during busy times.
Disney saying this system allows more flexibility for first time or non planners, I don't see it. Park reservations are sold out. G+ rides not available at 130pm, even though you can still buy G+. The old system could have been adjusted to allow more FP+ at 30 or day of.. I know we can't go back and have to adjust but now experiencing first hand this is a money grab having little to do with customer experience.

If so many are not getting their money's worth I wonder if less will purchase? I know I'm reconsidering for our Jan trip.

That being said, people on DISboards make up a small portion of people in the parks so not thinking us deciding not to purchase due to low return of value for cost, will make much difference.

This whole thing is a train wreck. I don’t think Disney realized how useless G+ would be on busy days. But that just raises the question: how could they not have seen this coming?
I honestly don’t think they care. They are raking in the money with super crowded parks this week. If you want to complain go wait in the 2 hour line for guest services? We made some memories this trip but we aren’t coming back any time soon. It has become so crowded and such an expensive planning nightmare that I am very done. But I have no expectation that I will be missed.

If so many are not getting their money's worth I wonder if less will purchase? I know I'm reconsidering for our Jan trip.

I’m starting to reconsider myself for our February trip. Some of these recent posts are concerning - it’s one thing to charge extra money but it’s another when they can’t deliver on top of it! I can only imagine the complaints they must be getting about this - and I hope they are! Of course if the money keeps rolling in I guess they don’t care but the park experience seems to be declining with Genie+
I understand Disney wanting to make more money and I’m willing to pay - if it improves my experience. If paying more for a worse experience is the new trend, it’s sad. This is coming from someone who was excited to try the Genie+ but it seems like it’s constant stress/challenge all day with little return.

I’m starting to reconsider myself for our February trip. Some of these recent posts are concerning - it’s one thing to charge extra money but it’s another when they can’t deliver on top of it! I can only imagine the complaints they must be getting about this - and I hope they are! Of course if the money keeps rolling in I guess they don’t care but the park experience seems to be declining with Genie+
I understand Disney wanting to make more money and I’m willing to pay - if it improves my experience. If paying more for a worse experience is the new trend, it’s sad. This is coming from someone who was excited to try the Genie+ but it seems like it’s constant stress/challenge all day with little return.
Here's the thing, I don't think they really care that much about the parks anymore. As long as the money is rolling in that's all the matters. Right now the focus is Disney+.

Based on all the Genie+ posts - it seems it's not worth buying on extremely busy days since you might only get 2 or 3 rides in and that is very expensive for a family of 4 or 5 (crowd level 8-10 on a scale of 10). On very low crowd days (which is getting more and more rare) it might not be worth buying since it's not needed (crowd level 1-4). I guess when Genie+ is a decent buy is during moderately busy days when you could go either way on buying it (crowd level 5-7). Just my thoughts and I'm sure I'll buy Genie+ on one of my next visits and see if it works for us.

That being said, people on DISboards make up a small portion of people in the parks so not thinking us deciding not to purchase due to low return of value for cost, will make much difference.
I think Disney will push most people into adding to their pkg for the length of stay. I don't think most will buy day of.

After hearing over and over about how-to stack LL reservations (at 7 AM, using the 120 rule, and tapping into to a ride after the 120 time, etc), today I’m seeing many posts stating that it’s not working that way as of today.
I’m curious if anybody there today can confirm or deny that there have been some closures to this loophole? The posts said that while they could book at 7, 10, 12, 2, 4, 6, they could not grab another once tapped in two places into their first ride.

we are here now and were unable to do any stacking. It’s very frustrating because by the time your “window” opens again to book, everything is gone or it’s so late in the day. I’m going to write a post about our experience, it’s been soooo stressful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter