Lots of resort questions. Help please!!

Poohbear80

Earning My Ears
Disney BC has anyone been in a refurb room or has pictures of there 2023 refurb rooms? Is the stone harbour club open and has it been refurbished yet? Is the construction bad at BC? Does it impact people’s stays?

Resorts with walk in showers in standard 2 queen rooms? I’ve been doing research into this. I know gran destino does and I have seen some (but not many) Poly rooms. Does BW resort rooms have walk in showers or any of the older resorts?

People’s views on split stays. Trying different resorts over the course of a week. Like 2 resorts? Hectic/stressful or exciting/worth it?

Any help with these questions or any thoughts or info people have would be appreciated!

People’s views on split stays. Trying different resorts over the course of a week. Like 2 resorts? Hectic/stressful or exciting/worth it?
I like split stays when I stay for 10+ days. For a week stay, I prefer to stay at just one resort, especially if we’re doing a park heavy trip.

If you’re splitting between 2 deluxe resorts and you’re planning on spending very little time at the parks, a 3/4 split could be nice.

I don't mind a 3 night/4 night split. Anything less than that is a pain, IMHO. I only do splits if I'm either planning a resort stay and I choose a resort specifically for that and/or I'm splitting to make my park transportation easier (monorail/EP area resort split for instance)

As far as walk in showers for a regular 2 queen room it would be a specific bookable option or a HA room. There are DVC rooms that have them but the second bed in most if not all now will be a Murphy bed rather than a pull out sofa bed which is by no means uncomfortable. Many who go to Disney need a tub for kids. Split stays are easy except you will be semi homeless for part of day which is easily solved by going to DS for shopping and lunch.

having to do a split stay this week do to Dvc openings. Booked a last minute trip. so doing 1 night at the yacht club and 5 nights at boardwalk in a 1br.

I assume you mean roll-in showers for wheelchairs? The Disney system has many categories of accessibility, and only a few have roll-in showers. You'll have to read carefully for that. All the hotels have some allocation to that.

Use the search feature in the upper left for more opinions than you ever knew existed on Split Stays. (Some people swear by them yet others swear they are the vacation from hell lol). click "This Forum" for where to seach and click "Search titles only"

I assume you mean roll-in showers for wheelchairs? The Disney system has many categories of accessibility, and only a few have roll-in showers. You'll have to read carefully for that. All the hotels have some allocation to that.
I mean just walk in showers with no tubs like a stand alone shower like at gran destino.

Boardwalk Inn (not sure about DVC) is still a tub/shower combo.

Other than putting in a glass door and removing the shower curtain, nothing else changed to the bathroom from the refurb.

We now love spilt stays - 2 nights Epcot resort and 2 nights monorail resort is ideal for us.

Disney BC has anyone been in a refurb room or has pictures of there 2023 refurb rooms? Is the stone harbour club open and has it been refurbished yet? Is the construction bad at BC? Does it impact people’s stays?

Resorts with walk in showers in standard 2 queen rooms? I’ve been doing research into this. I know gran destino does and I have seen some (but not many) Poly rooms. Does BW resort rooms have walk in showers or any of the older resorts?

Any help with these questions or any thoughts or info people have would be appreciated!
CS has rooms with walk-in showers, but I think they are rooms with king sized beds.
You can always ask to have a hand held shower put in a bath with a tub/shower combo.

Deleted

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter