• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lounge access at MCO

Does anyone know if MCO has a lounge before you go through security. My DD will be dropped off at the airport around 7:30am for a 2:30pm flight. She needs somewhere to go and will has a lot of luggage. Any suggestions?
I think the only lounge is after security however with all the changes to the airport I would not take that as a 'for sure'. We booked day rooms at the Hyatt in the airport, do this often. It gives us a place to drop our luggage and take a breath before our flight. Not sure what time you can pick up your key though, we never get there before 10ish. After taxes it was $229.50 so not cheap but someplace out of the open.
Can't think of anything else.

I think the only lounge is after security however with all the changes to the airport I would not take that as a 'for sure'. We booked day rooms at the Hyatt in the airport, do this often. It gives us a place to drop our luggage and take a breath before our flight. Not sure what time you can pick up your key though, we never get there before 10ish. After taxes it was $229.50 so not cheap but someplace out of the open.
Can't think of anything else.
I checked out a day room. It’s 10am-6pm and $212. By 10 she will only be using it for 2 hours, so not worth the money. I think I will give them a call though to see if she could get in right when she arrives.

I still don't quite understand as I'm thinking she would want a lounge after she is free of bags. Either way, I'm sure you will be happy to see her when she arrives home.
Her employer makes all the arrangements and she has no say in it. She will be arriving at the airport approx 7 hours before her flight and can’t check her bags until 3 hours before her flight. She needs somewhere to go for that first 4 hours. She’s had this same itinerary before and it was hard to hang out in the airport for that long. There aren’t any quiet places to sit. This time wandering around to kill time or even just to try and find a quiet spot is not an option. She’s got 3 bags…last time she had one.

I certainly will be excited to see her. She’s most excited to see the dog.

I still don't quite understand as I'm thinking she would want a lounge after she is free of bags. Either way, I'm sure you will be happy to see her when she arrives home.
Because you generally cannot check your bags until three hours before departure. And, of course, cannot go through security until you check your bags.

Ah, ok got it. We never check bags but I understand now. As an FYI, if she is flying Air Canada or WestJet and maybe one or two other Canadian Airlines (not all) she will depart from approx. gate 90-95. There is a Priority Pass lounge before reaching those gates.

I was looking at the visa airport companion, it looks like I know have access to the plaza premium lounge in orlando using lounge passes from my visa credit card.

I was looking at the visa airport companion, it looks like I know have access to the plaza premium lounge in orlando using lounge passes from my visa credit card.
Yes you can access Plaza premium using Visa Airport Companion but it's only at Terminal C in Orlando.

Yes you can access Plaza premium using Visa Airport Companion but it's only at Terminal C in Orlando.

Looks like can't take the monorail to and from terminals A/B to terminal C, only a bus shuttle which I assume means that you have to leave the secure area and then go through security again in A/B in order to use the lounge (if your flight doesn't depart from Terminal C)

I hope this might be a sign that the other lounges at MCO might be included at some point.

If you are flying Westjet and have Gold status or above, you can access the Delta sky lounge. I was there yesterday and it was lovely. Note that Westjet is currently also offering status match. I was able to get Gold status a couple of weeks ago based on my 35k Air Canada status (Gold status hold until June 30). Made this recent trip more enjoyable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter