Lounge Crawl at Monorail Resorts

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
We are taking a family trip with our adult kids and their spouses/significant others in May. They have suggested a drink/appetizer Lounge Crawl at the Monorail Resorts instead of family dinner one night. There will be 8 of us and we could start around 4:00 pm if we do it on a non-park day. I've got questions! First will it be hard to get seating for 8 at the lounges in the Polynesian, Grand Floridian & Contemporary? Second, are most appetizers large enough to share? I'm doing some quick math and thinking we (the parents) may spend way too much money and go home hungry! Lastly, if we do try this, what lounges would be the best to try?

TIA

My husband and I do monorail crawls all the time. We usually do Tambu Lounge at the Poly, Enchanted Rose at GF, and Outer Rim or Steakhouse 71 at the Contemporary.

Seating can be tough at Tambu and they open earlier in the day…They do have tables for 8, but if full then worst case scenario you could do the Tiki Terrace instead. If you wanted to try Trader Sams I suggest getting on the list around 2:30 and see what happens. They open at 3.

Enchanted Rose is really the only lounge option at GF. Citricos and Narcoosee’s have bars- but they are small. Food portions are also small at Enchanted Rose, but it’s really beautiful and worth checking out for sure.

At the Contemporary I prefer the bar at California Grill or Steakhouse 71- but again they are small and seating 8 will be tough. Steakhouse 71 appetizer portions will be larger than the others. You can also take the boat from the Contempoary over to Wilderness Lodge and go to Geyser Pointe. One of my favorite lounges at Disney World- lakeside, beautiful and more seating than most bar/lounges on property.

Enjoy!

Tambu lounge will be difficult. Because it opens early, people get seats and sit and sit. Food service starts at 4pm. I have gone here with 5 people and you have to hover around and pounce when people get up.

I would try CG and get there half hour before opening and wait at the podium. 8 people is a lot and I don't think you even have a chance unless you do this. Then you could swing back later and watch the fireworks.

Otherwise you can start at Steakhouse 71 and since pp says the app portions are larger, that's a good place to start. I would also take the boat over to WL and go to GP.

ER gets lots of good reviews but it is pricey.

Any way you do it, you will have to have patience and expect that you might not get your first choice of spots. I don't think you will be starving afterwards, but you will most definitely put a large dent in your wallet. If you still want to do it, it could be a very fun night and don't discount the boat ride to WL, it's a nice trip.

Maybe I'm a slow drinker but this will take you way longer to accomplish then what you think it will. I've attempted it several times but never with a large group just 2 people. Also I wouldn't drag kids along, they will be bored out of their minds. If you do have your kids, get them quick service meals not the apps. Enchanted Rose at GF and poly have good but tiny apps. A cup of fries, 1 small sushi roll, 4 potstickers, etc. Steakhouse 71, theyre a bit larger. Highly recommend the Territory Lounge at WL, all apps were very large, great for sharing. Here's a pic of our charcuterie. A couple next to us got the popcorn and it was 3 large bowls. Even with the small apps, I don't think you'll be hungry by the end of the night.20230510_192215.jpg

Highly recommend the Territory Lounge at WL, all apps were very large, great for sharing. Here's a pic of our charcuterie. A couple next to us got the popcorn and it was 3 large bowls. Even with the small apps, I don't think you'll be hungry by the end of the night. 20230510_192215.jpg
I I’ve had that charcuterie board and it was fantastic. People were stopping our server to ask about it as she brought it over! DH and I split that for dinner on night and the drinks there are very good as well.

We like the Monorail Crawl.

My only advice is hit Tambu Lounge as early as you can.

Having a super popular restaurant right next door makes it a busy place at dinner time.

Tambu lounge will be difficult. Because it opens early, people get seats and sit and sit. Food service starts at 4pm. I have gone here with 5 people and you have to hover around and pounce when people get up.
When we went to Tambu Lounge this past September, you had to wait in line to be seated by the hostess.

Idk if that’s something new or just used occasionally as it was the first time we went there.

It is a very small lounge though.

When we went to Tambu Lounge this past September, you had to wait in line to be seated by the hostess.

Idk if that’s something new or just used occasionally as it was the first time we went there.

It is a very small lounge though.
Must be new. Probably better because those tables are in demand and people pounce.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm a slow drinker but this will take you way longer to accomplish then what you think it will. I've attempted it several times but never with a large group just 2 people. Also I wouldn't drag kids along, they will be bored out of their minds. If you do have your kids, get them quick service meals not the apps. Enchanted Rose at GF and poly have good but tiny apps. A cup of fries, 1 small sushi roll, 4 potstickers, etc. Steakhouse 71, theyre a bit larger. Highly recommend the Territory Lounge at WL, all apps were very large, great for sharing. Here's a pic of our charcuterie. A couple next to us got the popcorn and it was 3 large bowls. Even with the small apps, I don't think you'll be hungry by the end of the night.View attachment 832961
No kids - just our 3 adult children & their significant others. I've had the charcuterie at TL - and it is great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter