Loungefly Mini bacckpacks

ashleyasiegel

Mouseketeer
My daughters really want one of the loungefly mini backpacks. I have looked online at shopdisney. Just wondering if Disney springs has other ones than what is online? Or does the DCL have them on the ships? We are heading to Orlando the first week of April. Currently not hitting up the parks unless we do a villians after hours towards the end of our trip.

Just debating on buying them online or there will be other options when we get there. How often do they come out with new designs? I can't seem to find the ones they were looking at last June.

DCL has new ones specific to the cruises. We saw about 3 or more new designs when we were on the fantasy in November. I think there were three different styles some with sequins - The latest DCL was navy sequins with rose gold metal- plus one with a cruise line pattern with Minnie and some flowers. I specifically noticed them because one family with 3 little girls bought each a different one.

Hot Topic also carries them online, and generally much cheaper but the quality is accordingly not as good.

What is the difference in quality? I've recently seen them at Hot Topic, FYE, and Disney Store, and I'm not seeing a difference in quality, but that's just based on quick in-store browsing, not actual use comparison.

I know there are the ones that feel more like leather and the ones that feel more like plastic, but that seems more design-dependent than store-based.

I have one from Box Lunch and one from Disney...quality is the same. In fact my Box Lunch one seems to be made of heavier material. Follow Loungefly on Instagram....new bags are out all the time!

My daughters really want one of the loungefly mini backpacks. I have looked online at shopdisney. Just wondering if Disney springs has other ones than what is online? Or does the DCL have them on the ships? We are heading to Orlando the first week of April. Currently not hitting up the parks unless we do a villians after hours towards the end of our trip.

Just debating on buying them online or there will be other options when we get there. How often do they come out with new designs? I can't seem to find the ones they were looking at last June.
When you come down also check out the Character Outlet at both Outlet mall. I was able to get a Loungefly wallet for $20 instead of $50 (Rose Gold one too) and they have sometimes the Loungefly book bags. They recently had the rainbow sequin one for around $30! I also snagged the xmas and halloween on for $40 each.

I normally go about 2-3 times a month, I sometimes have to wait and other times I do not have to wait. They have limits on the number of bags. I do not resell on ebay, and I have not had problems. I at most waited 30 mins. worth it bc I got the pumpkin bag. i went the end of Jan. I haven't been yet this month.

Last edited:
When you come down also check out the Character Outlet at both Outlet mall. I was able to get a Loungefly wallet for $20 instead of $50 (Rose Gold one too) and they have sometimes the Loungefly book bags. They recently had the rainbow sequin one for around $30! I also snagged the xmas and halloween on for $40 each.

How long ago was that? My understanding from another thread is that the outlets are being completely mobbed by eBay resellers with huge lines at opening, and the good stuff is being wiped out. Has that changed?

What is the difference in quality? I've recently seen them at Hot Topic, FYE, and Disney Store, and I'm not seeing a difference in quality, but that's just based on quick in-store browsing, not actual use comparison.

I know there are the ones that feel more like leather and the ones that feel more like plastic, but that seems more design-dependent than store-based.

They’re cheaper for a reason. It’s not just that they feel more plasticky, it’s a cheaper grade of material that isn’t as durable. The zippers aren’t as good either. They’re serviceable if all you’re using them for is occasional park trips, but I wouldn’t rely on them for much else.

I have bought a few at show mall and get a discount and good quality

Amazon has some... I really had to have a malificent one and the only place I could find it was amazon at that time.

Last edited:

25% off at shopDisney right now!

I don't know how quickly the parks turn over styles/patterns, but from last summer it may be gone already.

There was a Star Wars backpack no longer offered by Disney I got from Ebay for the same price as the parks were charging. I didn't get my AP discount, but I was happy to find it!

I could be wrong on this, but I'm guessing from when bags come out to when they start to disappear, it is about 6 months because they make room for new patterns. The really popular ones can disappear fast or go for crazy prices on eBay. I've been price watching some lately to get a deal, and it's just overwhelming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter