Love British TV Programs?

Brancaneve

That means Snow White in another language.
Hi Dis Friends! I subsribe to a few threads about American television shows but does anyone out there love to watch BBC; Masterpiece, Masterpiece Classics, Masterpiece Mystery, etc?

I of course enjoy Downton Abbey, Poldark, Foyle's War, Poirot, Larkrise to Candleford and so much more! The quality of the acting, set design, period costumes and writing is fantastic and I'm equally intrigued by the wealthy with titles to the poor who live in the hamlets. There's rarely foul language or excessive violence and even the rude can appear to be utterly polite. I have to add that I can just sit there and watch them drink tea all day.

Anyone else a fan?

I am! I especially like Downton Abbey, but sometimes catch Masterpiece Mystery as well.

I love the Masterpiece Mysteries. I also love Midsomer Murders. I have all 22 seasons at home and watch them over and over again. I also have almost all of the Poirot series too. Just a few more and I will have the complete set.

I love Downton Abbey and the Poirot series. I also love Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, As Time Goes By and the best one of all, Fawlty Towers.

Oh yes, I have that series too and Keeping Up Appearances. Both series were really funny. I also remember As Time Goes By with a young Judi Dench. My first Doctor was Tom Baker. I have watched every doctor since.

Oh yes, I have that series too and Keeping Up Appearances. Both series were really funny. I also remember As Time Goes By with a young Judi Dench. My first Doctor was Tom Baker. I have watched every doctor since.
There have been several good doctors but I think that Tom Baker was the best.

I love the Masterpiece Mysteries. I also love Midsomer Murders. I have all 22 seasons at home and watch them over and over again. I also have almost all of the Poirot series too. Just a few more and I will have the complete set.

I just love Poirot and the clothing and art deco design of the homes in that series. Love, love him!

*raises hand* Love the older comedies like Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Red Dwarf, AbFab, the Young Ones, Black Books...the list goes on and on as I'm sure you all know. And of course I love Dr. Who, Sherlock, Downton, Poirot, etc. The game show QI is also a favorite. (<3 Stephen Fry). Used to watch Top Gear religiously, too lol

Last edited:
Many many years ago there was a show called "Are you being served?" set in a department store. Hilarious! and racy as only British comedy can be. And of course, in our house, Dr Who

I grew up watching "Are you being served?" late at night on PBS.

Oh yeah, I love old and new British programming!! I grew up watching reruns of classic Dr. Who and Are You Being Served...I still think Served is one of the funniest shows ever on TV. What's the show with the Buckets (pronounced Bouquets)?? They crack me up!

Are You Being Served, Waiting For God, Keeping Up Appearances....Dr. Who....All Creatures Great and Small...

The comedies kill me. Watching Keeping Up Appearances on Netflix now. SOOOOO funny!

So many wonderful shows. Monarch of the Glen was great, and my favorite is As Time Goes By. I adore Judi Dench.

The IT Crowd is truly the only show that's made me laugh until I cry :). It's a less dark version of Black Books. In that vein, check out Family Tree (directed by Christopher Guest).

I love Brit humor. The one I like least of all those mentioned is Downton (with the exception of Maggie Smith!). It's awful compared to most BBC shows, IMNSHO, and I can't stand any of the characters (again, except Maggie Smith!).

If there was a drinking game that involved taking a shot for every time they said a variation of "Everything's changing now," no one would be standing by the end of the episode.

In this corner I'm among the Whovians (came in with 9 and have been hooked since)! Also love Torchwood, Sherlock (Andrew Scott is my Moriarty but love Natalie Dormer's take on Elementary too), Endeavour (should I brave the later parts? I've only seen the version with Shaun Evans), Merlin, In The Thick Of It (Peter Capaldi pre Who and dropping the F-Bomb like mad), QI (is the klaxon a ring tone?) and too many others to list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter