Love my Disney Visa

bgda24

Mouseketeer
DVC Premium
I use my Disney Visa throughout the Year and let the points accumulate. Then When my trip rolls around I usually have about $250 that I use towards snacks in the park.

I'm glad you have something that works for you! That being said, there are a couple great 2% cards in the Wells Fargo Active Cash and Citi Double Cash that would give you twice the snacks! Something to think about.
True, but I like that my Disney VISA points are specifically for Disney. No arguing with DH about how to spend points, they are "ear"marked! We have both Disney visa cards; we do maximum purchases (gas, groceries, restaurants) on the 2% card and the DayOne card (1%) is the card I leave on file for monthly recurring charges. Actually, almost everything goes on the 2% card unless I am juggling another branded card for incentive sign-up points.

I use my Disney Visa throughout the Year and let the points accumulate. Then When my trip rolls around I usually have about $250 that I use towards snacks in the park.
I used to be like you, but I just leaving money on the table. We now use our Fidelity 2% Visa for most things, my Costco card for gas (4%), restaurants and travel (3%). I also try to max out my Discover 5% category every quarter. I probably average about 2.50% across all my cards so your $250 is my $625.

Honestly, Chase shot themselves in the foot with my Disney Visa Card. I used to come here to the DIS and read about all the bonuses people were getting for spending in certain categories. We never got an offer because apparently they felt they didn’t need to encourage my spending since everything was going on my card. It became my mission to replace that card in my wallet as soon as I figured that out. The only use the Disney Visa card gets right now is as a card in my daughter’s wallet. They gave us an authorized user card for her when she went away to college. She used it for books and incidentals. It’s now just an emergency card for her as she has her own Discover card.

That's great! I used to save them up for souvenir money for DD. She loved it. Sadly, we have not been on a trip since 2019, but my points keep accumulating. I used a bunch on Christmas presents from the Disney Store online. She loved that, as well.

I keep the free version for the room discounts, otherwise there are so many other cards out there that have better overall cash back offers.

Everyone is entitled to their own preferences! Good for OP. I am happy with my mostly cash back rewards cards and Chase large sign-up bonuses, but I would never criticize anyone's choices. Rewards in any form are great! They could disappear anytime in the future, so make the best of it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter