Loved our BLT stay

dotdot35

Earning My Ears
We just completed a 7 night stay at BLT on DVC points. There were 6 of us in a 2BR lake view and we loved it. We got lucky and had a villa on the top floor, I had requested a higher floor. It was great as we could see parts of the fireworks, and even better was the easy access to the TOWL balcony. The villa had lots of room and a fabulous view. It was very clean and I am known to be quite fussy about these things. The nephew stayed on the sofa bed and he said it was very comfortable. The kids loved the pool but I am not a big fan as I think it’s too small and too shady, that didnt stop me from using it :).
The best thing for me about BLT is the easy walk to MK, we even got a last minute booking for breakfast at BOG and it was so cool to walk in and out by 10am.
All in all we loved BLT - even the scent in the lobby.

We love BLT, too. Too shady for the pool though?! - we didn't notice, but maybe we went in the middle of the day.

:) Yes we tended to get there later in the afternoon. Still lovely to sit there though.

We have booked a 2 br lake view room for our upcoming trip in feburuary. We have 3 kids (5,3, and 10 months)and the proximity to MK is the main reason for booking BLT.

We usually go to bed early (around 8-9 pm) and was wondering if the lake swan show will be too loud/bright for our kids. We use sound machines and try to make the room as dark as possible. Do the rooms have black out curtains or at least the heavy one? Any tip on room location? Thanks.

We usually go to bed early (around 8-9 pm) and was wondering if the lake swan show will be too loud/bright for our kids. We use sound machines and try to make the room as dark as possible. Do the rooms have black out curtains or at least the heavy one? Any tip on room location? Thanks.

We could hear the music but only if you listened for it. The fireworks were quiet loud, but in the main we were watching them either from the balcony or elsewhere. However on our 2nd night jet lag kicked in and we went to bed around 9ish, I was woken up by the MNSSHP fireworks but soon fell asleep again. I think I was the only one in our party of 6 to be woken.

Curtains are great for keeping the light out, it was sometimes hard to tell whether the sun was up until you looked out the window.

The only room request I made was for an upper floor to get a good view of the lake, we had a superb view. We overlooked the swimming pool (had an odd numbered room).

It is magical being so close to MK so I wish you a fantastic holiday.

Thanks for the info! One more question. Did you have any trouble with the security room checks? My kids still nap and I would hate for them to be awaken while they sleep.

Thanks for the info! One more question. Did you have any trouble with the security room checks? My kids still nap and I would hate for them to be awaken while they sleep.
We didn’t have any issues, we came back to the room anytime between 1 and 4pm and other than one day, they had been in and emptied the trash before we got back. We never put up the room occupied signs so can’t comment on whether that is an effective strategy or not. Fingers crossed for you.

We just completed a 7 night stay at BLT on DVC points. There were 6 of us in a 2BR lake view and we loved it. We got lucky and had a villa on the top floor, I had requested a higher floor. It was great as we could see parts of the fireworks, and even better was the easy access to the TOWL balcony. The villa had lots of room and a fabulous view. It was very clean and I am known to be quite fussy about these things. The nephew stayed on the sofa bed and he said it was very comfortable. The kids loved the pool but I am not a big fan as I think it’s too small and too shady, that didnt stop me from using it :).
The best thing for me about BLT is the easy walk to MK, we even got a last minute booking for breakfast at BOG and it was so cool to walk in and out by 10am.
All in all we loved BLT - even the scent in the lobby.
Sounds delightful! Sounds like you had an awesome trip! Looking forward to our October trip lake view studio!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter