• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Low-sodium diet

Merriwind

Always looking for an excuse to go to WDW...
Hello-

Traveling with a large family group to the World this October. This will be my Ddad's first extended trip to WDW since he has been on a low-sodium diet on the advice of his cardiologist. My mom has asked that we choose restaurants with "simpler choices" to help accomodate his diet. However, I think that even simpler choices could easily have a lot more salt than he usually eats.

I know that I've read that if you give restaurants advance notice, often the chef will make accomodations for dietary needs. Can anyone advise me on how we would accomplish this? When we makes PSs? Do we call the restaurant or some central dining request number? How far in advance do we call?

Has anyone had this same dietary restriction while traveling to WDW? Any tips/advice? Good/bad restaurant choices?

Are buffets meals possible? Chef Mickey's is a family tradition for our first night and my Dsis's boys (2&3) are Pooh fans, so she wants to visit CP.

Many thanks in advance,

I suggest giving Diney a call to inquire if they have reccommendations for a no added salt diet. I was just scanning the dining section on www.allears.net and there was a family with a child who is on a very strict diet and this is what they did. Also check with your dad's MD or dietician they may suggest meals or food items that he can eat. I'd steer clear from sauces and gravies because they tend to be higher in sodium. Hope this is helpful Kat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter