Luau attire

Hello!
I am having a heck of a time finding a dress to wear to the luau. Are there any stores within walking distance that would have something cute? Any pics for inspiration or what is available locally? Any other recommendations for a female to wear? Didn’t think I would be struggling with this of all things. Thanks!

Yes, there is a little shopping area right across the street from Aulani. Also, the Marriott down the road, that you can walk to via the lagoon, has a decent sized gift shop with clothing. And if you are rich, the Four Seasons next door has rich people clothing.
You can easily wear a sundress or mumu. There is no real dress code, just don't show up in a swimsuit. You won't have any problems finding sundresses in the locations that I have mentioned.

Every luau I have ever attended I wore shorts and shirt and I wasn't the only woman wearing dressed like this.

Make it easy because no one really cares what others are wearing.

Don't discount Costco. They have a great selection of excellent quality aloha shirts for men, and some nice women's wear too (I didn't look at that very closely, but I know it's there).

My wife wore dress and sandals. I wore shirt shorts. Daughter a cute dress with flowers on.
People seem to wear anything summery! Then you get flowers and things for the kids.
Its pretty hot and humid and you have a line up a little so be comfortable too

There are tons of affordable flower print dresses on Amazon. I'm not sure how conservative or not you like to dress - or if you prefer long or short dresses, or rompers or jumpsuits etc. I do a ton of photograph work for Amazon stores, so if I can be of any help please let me know :)

You might also check your local Goodwill or comparable thrift store. I've scored several beautiful aloha dresses that way. I imagine that people must have bought them on vacation, never wore them again, and tossed them in the donate bins.

Is there a dress code for the luau?
This was from our ticket:

ATTIRE: * MEN: Baseball caps/ board shorts/ swimsuits/ ripped or torn jeans/ tank tops and sleeveless
shirts are NOT ALLOWED
*WOMEN: baseball caps, swimsuits, and ripped or torn jeans are NOT ALLOWED

A lot of people were what I would call dressed up, like families in matching Hawaiian prints. I also saw men and women dressed more casually in shorts and a nice shirt. It’s a big crowd, no outfit seemed out of place but I didn’t see anyone dressed super casual.

This was from our ticket:

ATTIRE: * MEN: Baseball caps/ board shorts/ swimsuits/ ripped or torn jeans/ tank tops and sleeveless
shirts are NOT ALLOWED
*WOMEN: baseball caps, swimsuits, and ripped or torn jeans are NOT ALLOWED

A lot of people were what I would call dressed up, like families in matching Hawaiian prints. I also saw men and women dressed more casually in shorts and a nice shirt. It’s a big crowd, no outfit seemed out of place but I didn’t see anyone dressed super casual.
Seriously no baseball caps? For an outdoor luau?

I wear a t-shirt, shorts, and baseball cap on vacation. Not taking any other clothes. And not taking hair product, because I'm on vacation.

Will that be an issue?

Seriously no baseball caps? For an outdoor luau?

I wear a t-shirt, shorts, and baseball cap on vacation. Not taking any other clothes. And not taking hair product, because I'm on vacation.

Will that be an issue?
I can’t recall if anyone was wearing a baseball cap but by 5:30 that area is in shade and there was a nice breeze, if you’re worried about sun. T-shirt and shorts will be fine. We all felt like Hawaii water did good things for our hair 😊 Hope you have a great time!!

I can’t recall if anyone was wearing a baseball cap but by 5:30 that area is in shade and there was a nice breeze, if you’re worried about sun. T-shirt and shorts will be fine. We all felt like Hawaii water did good things for our hair 😊 Hope you have a great time!!
Thanks. I guess I can take my hat off (the horror!) if they make me.

Thanks. I guess I can take my hat off (the horror!) if they make me.
Don’t worry….it won’t look any worse than the night we went straight from the park to California Grill and DH took his off 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter