Luau Recommendation

Debbie R.

Earning My Ears
We are staying at Aulani with teenagers in Mid March for two weeks. Looking to do 1 or 2 Luaus and am considering Toa Lua, Germaines, Polynesian Cultural Center, or Paradise Cove. All appear open. As a reference we did Fia Fia a few years ago. Who has been to the mentioned luau and thoughts? Which recommended and why?

We originally booked the Polynesian Cultural Center, but rebooked to Chiefs Luau because we found out the PCC is a dry luau (as its run by the LDS church). We also watched the Ordinary Adventures youtube video on the luau of Chiefs and thought it looked fun enough to switch to that one.

We originally booked the Polynesian Cultural Center, but rebooked to Chiefs Luau because we found out the PCC is a dry luau (as its run by the LDS church). We also watched the Ordinary Adventures youtube video on the luau of Chiefs and thought it looked fun enough to switch to that one.
That does look interesting. Have you already gone? Just wondering if it's worth the cost of admission. I'm sure it is and they all seem to be priced Fairly similar

As mentioned, the one at PCC is a dry luau which (to me) diminishes the value because a lot of other luaus, which are similarly priced, include unlimited drinks as well. Its also a little over an hour's drive between PCC and Aulani, in case night driving is a concern. Paradise Cove is walking distance from Aulani, so easily the most convenient. They all get good to mixed reviews, so I would choose Paradise Cove for the convenience.

Went to the luau at PCC several years ago. Food was barely mediocre, desert right out of grocery, drinks were fruit punch or ice tea. Service was terrible. Show was okay but not on par with a professional production.

We really like Fia Fia. I think Chiefs is basically the same thing just not walking distance from Aulani. Paradise cove is also walking distance. If I was picking it would be Fia Fia, Paradise cove or the one at Aulani just strictly because of distance. Its nice to be close to the resort that late at night especially with east coast jet lag. My kids usually go to bed at 8:30 eastern time...being up until 10 hawaiian time is a bit of a stretch for us needless to say.

As mentioned, the one at PCC is a dry luau which (to me) diminishes the value because a lot of other luaus, which are similarly priced, include unlimited drinks as well. Its also a little over an hour's drive between PCC and Aulani, in case night driving is a concern. Paradise Cove is walking distance from Aulani, so easily the most convenient. They all get good to mixed reviews, so I would choose Paradise Cove for the convenience.

I was also looking at a luau and saw Paradise Cove seemed pretty close. Would you walk in front and on a sidewalk along the road, or a beach path over to the four seasons and across the parking lot?

I was also looking at a luau and saw Paradise Cove seemed pretty close. Would you walk in front and on a sidewalk along the road, or a beach path over to the four seasons and across the parking lot?
Definitely use the sidewalk for going to the actual luau. But going along the beach is fun during the day, in your swimsuit and some kind of shoes.

Yep, PP is correct, on the front sidewalk along the road. We never went that far along the beach path but I think it ends at a certain point and it becomes rocky, and you’d have to cross the sand and up a makeshift path to the parking lot to get to Paradise Cove.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter