Luggage back to MCO recommendations???

disfamily3

DCL: Dream & Magic
Our last family WDW trip was 2018, when you could check your bags at resort for airline/airport transport the morning you were leaving. Now with yet another Disney perk being ripped away….I need suggestions for the best option for a family of 5. Dad, wife and 3 college aged daughters , with WAY too much luggage always…. seeks advice.
****DME & baggage services were so nice…We have raised our kids with many trips and cruises with Disney…...😡 taking away perks…but raising prices still…🤬🤬🤬🤬 ****

No advice here but this was one of the very best convenient perks ever offered by Disney. And I would gladly pay to have it return !!

How are you getting the luggage from home to your airport? Or from MCO to your resort?

It will have to travel on whatever transportation you use to get the bodies to MCO.

We live on Cape Cod, about 2 hours from Logan Airport in Boston. We take a bus from the Cape to Logan,very comfortable and reasonably priced and they handle the luggage. We always use a rental car at WDW. We will be using Terminal C at MCO and so far there is no rental car pickup (except Sixt)and there will a very long trek with our luggage to pick up our rental unless they stock Terminal C with cars by 5/1. My best friend is my travel buddy and she has limited mobility so this will be a challenge. It takes us about 10 hours from home to WDW on a good day. We have downsized our luggage dramatically over the years!

IMHO college age "kids" should pack what they can carry, at least that's the rule with mine but as a single mom it has pretty much always been that way.

If you have a party member with mobility issues you can request a wheelchair at the airport and (usually), they will ask if you need luggage assistance at that time as well. Alternately just grab a porter at luggage claim, they are always waiting with their luggage trucks and work for tips. I think the folks on the "dis boards" have contact info for MCO.

You would then need a bellman at each end of the trip to bring your bags to the room (tip expected).

Alternately use a Towncar service and pay for the full service meet and greet, they will meet you at bag claim and help with bags. You would still have to then ask for help from the bell services at the resort.

I took an Uber and did curb side checkin. I barely touched my luggage. Uber pulled up curbside checkin person took my luggage.
Good points!
Forgot about Curbside as an option in Orlando as it isn't back in all airports yet.

Uber can be a $ saver over a Towncar depending on timing and surge pricing.

How are you getting the luggage from home to your airport? Or from MCO to your resort?

It will have to travel on whatever transportation you use to get the bodies to MCO.
We will be traveling to airport in our large SUV, leaving car at airport. The girls will Uber from MCO to AofA…they didn’t want to stay at WL with Mom and Dad😋. We personally will probably rent a car at MCO. I have about decided we all will travel back to MCO just like we traveled to WDW.
It seems to be the only solution 😔
Unfortunately. I was hoping we all could find a way to travel back together to MCO….we gave a evening flight also.

Good points!
Forgot about Curbside as an option in Orlando as it isn't back in all airports yet.

Uber can be a $ saver over a Towncar depending on timing and surge pricing.
Thanks!😉
No advice here but this was one of the very best convenient perks ever offered by Disney. And I would gladly pay to have it return !!
Absolutely!!!!! I miss those days!
Just ... take it yourself? Not sure what the issue is here.
maybe I didn’t make myself clear, it is the price of a rental car that we will need , just to accommodate 5 with even 1 large suitcase each we would require a large SUV or mini van. The rates are super high IMO.
Disney has eliminated practically every perk there was….Disney raises rates$$, replaces FP with genie system/lighting look lanes $$, no dining plan $$, it’s just ridiculous what a family must pay just to get there…then are faced with UBER, MEARS, Towncar or ridiculously high rental car rates.
It has become less magical with each passing year unfortunately.

At least we don’t have to pay for resort parking…there’s that.

Thanks!😉

maybe I didn’t make myself clear, it is the price of a rental car that we will need , just to accommodate 5 with even 1 large suitcase each we would require a large SUV or mini van. The rates are super high IMO.
Disney has eliminated practically every perk there was….Disney raises rates$$, replaces FP with genie system/lighting look lanes $$, no dining plan $$, it’s just ridiculous what a family must pay just to get there…then are faced with UBER, MEARS, Towncar or ridiculously high rental car rates.

OK I totally misunderstood - I thought you were looking for a way to physically manage the transport of your luggage to and from the transportation, now I see your looking for transportation that can accommodate all of you and your luggage!
My Bad :)

If you don't need a rental during your stay, I would look at a Towncar with the extra stop at AOA.
Alternately travel as two separate parties and each book the transportation that works for them and their budget.

tjmw2727...Thank you for the heads up on the wheelchair. I have already requested one from JetBlue. I am going to get our luggage from baggage claim and leave my friend at the arrival area in Terminal C and then trek over to the car rentals myself, come back and pick her up. Not ideal and very much hoping the rentals are stocked at Terminal C.

Thanks!😉

Can you request a "large" Uber with 2 stops without breaking the bank? I so totally get wanting to be togther with your"kids"! I have an adult son who lives in Utah, our time togther is precious!

OK I totally misunderstood - I thought you were looking for a way to physically manage the transport of your luggage to and from the transportation, now I see your looking for transportation that can accommodate all of you and your luggage!
My Bad :)
That was my confusion too.

OP, I see the following options...
#1) Rental car (can be expensive, but maybe do a "one day, one way" rental from Car Care Center (or other nearby location) to MCO?
#2) Large single ride share with two stops.
#3) Two ride shares and just meet at MCO
#4) Towncar service (multiple to choose from)

Maybe I've missed something here, but is there a reason you won't consider Mears Connect? DME was operated by Mears, and it still operates exactly the same with the exception of a small fee--$16pp each way. The luggage delivery was handled by a 3rd party company that went out of business, so it wasn't a perk that Disney took away. I'm a 65 year-old woman and I have no problem handling my own luggage from bus to BS or from bus to baggage check...it's really very short distances. There's also Sunshine Flyer, a similar bus service...I just stick with Mears because they've been doing this much longer and if it ain't broke...

For your party - I'd either book two rideshares or take Mears/Sunshine Flyer. I am guessing you will need a larger vehicle to hold 5 people and 5 adults worth of luggage unless your family consists of light packers or its a short trip. SUV and mini-van rentals tend to be high - so I'm guessing more than Mears/Sunshine Flyer. Now - if you can get a cheap rental, that's great, but they have been tough to come by lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter