Luggage pricing difference, ridiculous!

That's what I was saying. I honestly think it's a third-party vendor in China, posting the exact same set of luggage on a variety of websites at what they think they might be able to get for the stuff, based on where it's listed. The website operators just post the listing and it's never even in their retail inventory.
There is a practice called white labeling, where items come from the same factory but are sold at different retailers under different brand names and sometimes very different price points. It's extremely common with home decor--I noticed this while shopping around for my WFH setup, seeing the same exact desk sold by Wayfair and Target under different names with slightly different pics but wildly different prices.

Could be a cheaper product made to LOOK like the more expensive item. With most online purchases it pays to shop around on various websites. I have often found the same item for different prices depending on the website. You can't really tell by looking at a picture on some website if it is the real thing or some sort of cheaper knock-off. Sometimes the reviews can be an indication or a poorly made replica.

Too funny about Kohl's, their prices are generally higher than the local department store even with those 20% off gimmicks. I think they overprice many items to give you the impression you are saving a lot of money when in reality you aren't. Bed/Bath/Beyond used to do the same thing and was always saying they were going to do away with those 20% off deals. Not sure why they went bankrupt but they apparently now sell online only so I stopped buying from them. I liked seeing the items in person since many household items are cheap/flimsy or poorly made, so a lower price isn't really a bargain.

Luggage prices are ridiculous. I bought a set from Kohls (on line) leading up to Christmas in 2022. It was a set of 3 suitcases and accessories. A garment bag, tote and something else. I paid a little over $100. I missed it the first time it was on sale, but it would come back. Have you tried TJ Maxx or Costco? Costco sells a lot of luggage. I was in TJ Maxx about a week ago and they just got all new luggage in. I see a lot of people buying luggage at TJ Maxx.

The last time I bought a "set" of luggage was in 2000. London Fog from E Bags. I still have the pieces but I am done with them ( before the spinners and they are heavy canvas)
So for a few years now, I've purchased separate pieces. Each of my adult kids has a nice carry on piece that I got for them. 3 yrs ago I got a great deal on Thanksgiving day from Kohls and bought one regular size piece for myself. I love the hard sided now, they are lighter weight. I like having "my things" and will almost always check my bag. I just use my foldable black nylon "bag" as a carry on.

Those poor fools paying $400 for a yeti cooler. The price of plastics has tripled in the past few years but dang.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter