• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luggage tags

Betsyp

DIS Veteran
I just got my luggage tags…and they’re just stickers that you wrap around a handle…I expected cute tags like I got when I went to WDW. Is that usual? I guess it doesn’t matter as I think I still have the cute tags, but I was just surprised.

Thanks!

Yep. Those are the ones! Just make sure to read the instructions for putting them on or you’ll have a STICKY mess on your suitcase…

ETA: these tags are probably the easiest for them to use because they have a barcode and that helps direct your luggage to the correct part of the ship whereas a tag with just your name and room number wouldn’t be very efficient.

I just got my luggage tags…and they’re just stickers that you wrap around a handle…I expected cute tags like I got when I went to WDW. Is that usual? I guess it doesn’t matter as I think I still have the cute tags, but I was just surprised.

Thanks!
The WDW ones are mostly for show and fun. It's unlikely that anyone would ever really need to look at them unless you lost your luggage.

The DCL ones are functional like if you went to an airport. The are literally directing your luggage to the correct place, and if they weren't super strong, they could fall off and you'd be without your luggage.

My old WDW tags are starting to crack one by one. There used to be 12 and now I think we’re down to 3 🎻😥

Thanks!
These tags only go on just before you get on the ship not when you leave home unless you are driving to the port.

We fly in the day before so we put them on the morning of the cruise or night before if you are at a resort and they are picking up luggage from your room early the next morning.

Like others said they are for the ship to get your luggage to your cabin.

Yep. Those are the ones! Just make sure to read the instructions for putting them on or you’ll have a STICKY mess on your suitcase…

ETA: these tags are probably the easiest for them to use because they have a barcode and that helps direct your luggage to the correct part of the ship whereas a tag with just your name and room number wouldn’t be very efficient.

Thanks !

Oh that makes so much sense …why didn’t I think of that?

But the great new is…my cruise is getting more real by the day!

The WDW ones are mostly for show and fun. It's unlikely that anyone would ever really need to look at them unless you lost your luggage.

The DCL ones are functional like if you went to an airport. The are literally directing your luggage to the correct place, and if they weren't super strong, they could fall off and you'd be without your luggage.

Grrat point, thank you!

Disney, never change a thing - you know what you’re doing, and I do lot 🙊

These tags only go on just before you get on the ship not when you leave home unless you are driving to the port.

We fly in the day before so we put them on the morning of the cruise or night before if you are at a resort and they are picking up luggage from your room early the next morning.

Like others said they are for the ship to get your luggage to your cabin.
I’m getting a ride to PC, so I will put them on the night before …

Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter