• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luigi's Flying Tires Closing on 2/16/15

My kids loved that ride. I thought it was fun, too. I'm surprised they are taking it out so quickly, especially since the Muppets 3D needs a major refresh.

It does, but the space is being used for the Frozen sing-a-long right now.

DH and I totally had that ride down. We were the ones flying from one side to the other. We had fun but I'm looking forward to seeing what will replace it. I can't figure out what they are going to do with the cars though. Bumper cars? Twirling cars like Mater's? I love Mater but I hope it isn't either one of those. I'd like to see something different.

It looks like what they are replacing it with is basically cars instead of tires. I read in another article that it would be dancing cars free wqheeling on open aired vents similar to Luigi's tries. Just wondering what the difference is

All I can say is don't wear a skirt on the day you plan to ride luigis (if you're going in the next 10 days that is). The new ride looks like it'll be fun, kind of like a cars "autopia" maybe?

My husband wore a kilt the day we rode it. ROFL!!!

The best thing about that attraction was the queue. The theming an details made me feel like I was in the movie. That will be missed!

The best thing about that attraction was the queue. The theming an details made me feel like I was in the movie. That will be missed!
My understanding was that they would keep that. I could be wrong but somehow I got that idea.

We are really going to miss that ride. I do understand why they are getting rid of it though. It is not something you can get on once and totally experience- there was definitely a pretty good learning curve. It took us a couple of trips and several rides on it to totally get the hang of it. We kept trying because it always seemed like we would start getting the hang of it and being able to really move right before the ride ended. Once we finally got the hang of it, we had a blast on it and just laughed the whole time. Our last trip the 3 of us figured out if we just all leaned straight back the thing would fly backwards- we were flying backwards all over the place! People were trying to figure out how we were doing it. The line could get pretty long for it too which would prevent the repeat rides needed to really figure it out for people. As much as I hate to see it go, it doesn't make me mad because I can definitely see why it didn't work for the park. Brancaneve, it is my understanding that they are keeping the queue exactly like it is. They are removing the tires and redoing the ride area with car ride vehicles.

We'll miss Luigi's. It was much more fun when they had the beach balls, but it was still fun zipping around without them.
However, we'll be looking forward to what the Imagineers dream up next! :thumbsup2

it was a reboot ride. it failed the first time and it has failed again. im thankful to see it go. cant wait to see whats next.

Even as an adult with no kids I actually liked this ride. It was cool how it was controlled and DH and I had fun with it... partially just because it was fun trying to get the car to go where we wanted since most of the time that was two different directions!

We love this ride since day 1 (when they still had the beach balls back then :jester:). My experience is that the rider needs to know how to ride/operate the tire in order to enjoy. Sad to see it go but also happy for new ride coming.

I do enjoy the flying tires although that ride is better as a solo rider. I will miss the tires but I will be at the parks tomorrow to jump on the ride a few more times before it's officially gone.

I'm glad we went two weeks ago and got to experience this ride! It's a fun concept but actually hard to do (especially with a 3 year old as the ONLY other person in the tire and he was not helpful to say the least). I'm excited to see what they replace it with- but if it's bumper cars (like in bugsland) I'll be disappointed. I hate bumper cars. Disneyland is not a carnival. And yes, bumper tires are similar but not the same thing! I love Mater's ride for what it's worth.

Any chance this may stay open a few more day? We will be there for our first trip on Thursday, Feb. 19th. I'd really like to see the ride, especially since the main reason we are coming from the east coast is for our 3 1/2 yr old to see Cars Land.

I visited on Friday and Luigi's Flying Tires was my first stop. I enjoyed this ride three times in a row before the lines where getting too long. Before I left I also took tons of pictures and purchase a Luigi's Flying Tires Hat and pin to save.

Did no one notice this was a warmed over version of a 50 year old ride?

VP-619%20-%20Flying%20Saucers.jpg

Did no one notice this was a warmed over version of a 50 year old ride?

VP-619%20-%20Flying%20Saucers.jpg
Rode them in the day.
Wouldn't call the flying Saucers a failure. Lasted for 5 years and were removed during the 1967 remodel of Tomorrowland.
Just another ride removed to make way for something new at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter