Lulu201's Healthy Living Journal--Just trying my best to walk the walk! Come on by!

Today is Wednesday, December 14, 2005

First of all, I'd like to ask for prayers for my friend Diane's son, Drew. He's a juvenile diabetic and is having an endoscopy today to determine if he has Celiac's Disease. Secondly, my brother-in-law's father is having open heart surgery today, and I know that the family would really appreciate any prayers for Charlie. He's such a dear, sweet man.

People are dealing with so much in this world, and what's my biggest "problem" of the day--how fat I am! Seriously, I got on the scale this morning and then jumped off so fast, I almost fell down! Such is my life. . .the battle continues.

So, what am I going to do for myself today?

1. Devotions--I read a beautiful devotional this morning by John Fischer at the Purpose Driven Life.
2. Vitamins--I took my meds this morning, but forgot about the vitamins. . .as soon as I'm done here.
3. Water--yesterday I drank loads of decaf and not enough water. Today will be different.
4. Exercise--yesterday I walked about 17 min. on the treadie. Today I'll do the full 30.
5. Food--oatmeal surprise for breakfast. Lunch will be a salad. Dinner will be a sandwich and fresh veggies.
6. Scale--194.

Still feeling kind of headachey, but I know this too will pass. It's not a big deal. Otherwise, I'm feeling good.

Yesterday's biggest victory was getting back on the s.f. wagon. We had three class parties filled with munchkins, brownies, chocolate-covered pretzels, etc. I was able to refuse them all. Knowing that all those goodies just make me feel yukky helped me to stay strong. You live and you learn, right? Today there are two more parties--I'm hoping to stay on the right path.

That's all for now.
Love to all,
Erin

Gosh, it's been awhile since I've been here, but it's always good to be back!

I'm working at keeping my weight from ballooning any more by counting calories on fitday and by exercising 5x a week. Just got to keep on keeping on, you know what I mean?

I'm going to try to stop in to visit more regularly. . .maybe a new journal title for the new year? I think I like the sound of that. . .

Erin

Happy Holidays Erin!

Sorry you had "scared" yourself on the scale. Hope you continue to keep on keeping on because that's important!!! Keep up the good work - you ARE doing great by just sticking with it! Hope you have a great holiday.

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

It's December 23, 2005

Only 2 days 'til Christmas! And I'm still running around! Today I have to run out and get DFIL a frame for a picture of him, my DMIL, and DD that we're going to give him for Christmas. I also have a teeny bit of wrapping to do, but at this point it's all fun. The Christmas cards have been mailed. . .life is good. All the meals have been planned for the weekend; seems like we've got a plan. Nothing I like better than a good plan!

It looks like it's going to be a mild day here. I've got to get Mickey out for a walk--we both need the sunshine and fresh air.

Here's the scoop on today:

1. Devotions:
Daily Thoughts:
A Time to Think:
The heart goes home at Christmas, across the miles and years. -Alice Leedy Mason
To Act:
Remember to value people before things.
To Pray:
Lord, teach me today to let go of the past and experience Your love.
2. Vitamins:
3. Water: have started the first of MANY glasses
4. Exercise: walk Mickey and walk on treadie for 30 min.
5. Food: all logged into fitday. Estimated calories for today: 1628, with 33% protein and only 30% fat! I'm liking those percentages!
6. Scale: steady at 190
7. Caffeine: none after noon
8. Sugars: I'm saying this again: no overts, please. Thanks for the reminder, Doreen, about "treat day." I think I'm going to plan that day for the deepest, darkest day of the DZone! Last night on the way home from work I was already thinking about what I was gonna have!

OK, that's the plan (ya know I love a good plan!). I'm moving onward and looking Upward!

:hug: to all,
Erin

It's December 31, 2005 The end of another year. . .

It's been quite a year~one with it's usual highs and lows. In 2006 I'd like to:

~read a devotional book each day called "My Utmost for his Highest" and have a regular prayer life
~exercise 5x a week.
~weigh myself every day
~reach my weight loss goal and MAINTAIN a healthy weight
~abstain from overt sugars
~take my vitamins on a daily basis
~drink lots of water
~record my food and exercise at fitday EVERY day
~read more and watch TV less and, just for the heck of it, keep a list of the books I read
~outline a simple housekeeping routine that I can follow on a daily basis
~simplify my life by cleaning out clutter from my closets, drawers, cupboards, etc.
~organize our family photos
~spend a lot of time in the sunshine
~spend less; give more
~laugh a lot; love even more

I'm going to print the above list out and put it in my appointment book so I can see it on a daily basis.

I'm sending everyone my best wishes for a Happy New Year.
Erin

:flower: It's January 1, 2006! Happy New Year! :flower:

Here's my day so far:

1. Devotions :sunny:
2. Vitamins--in a minute
3. Water--am on glass #2
4. Exercise--have plans for the treadie
5. Food--three meals with protein and a high carb bedtime snack
6. Scale--196 this a.m. Hey, I ate really late last night! :rolleyes:
7. Caffeine--no more today
8. Sugars--this will be tough--it's day #1 of detox
9. Housekeeping--I signed up with flylady.com; I'm a flybaby who needs to clean her sink!

I'm off and into the day!

Erin
195/196/164

Hi Erin,

Your goals for 2006 look wonderful. You CAN abtain all of them. I can help with the reading goal. I just got sucked into a book called Good Grief. It is a fictional story about a 30 something widow, ad how she deals with it. Sounds depressing, right. It is very funny, and she is so honest. I am considering it one of the top 10 books I have read.

How is sugar detox going? I'm feeling pretty wiped out myself. I know that we've gotten through it before, and we can again.

Take care,
Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter