• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lunch at Mythos: What's good?

CJ

DIS Veteran
I've read so many wonderful things about Mythos, we've decided to give it a try. We have p.s. for 12:30 on a Tuesday. Anyone have any suggestions about the very best things to order? I've downloaded the menu from Kelly's great site, but everything sounds great! Any personal opinions?:cool:

We were there for dinner, so I don't know if they have the same menu for lunch. I had GREAT coffe encrusted pork loin. YUMMM. Then there's the warm gooey chocolate banana cake for dessert!!

lunch and dinner menu are all the same. the risotto of the day and the wrap of the day change from day to day. The shrimp and tasso are great. I have tried almost everything they currently list on the menu so if something brings a question to mind post it. the strawberry short cake is gone and instead they have a fresh peach cobbler that is marvelous. Had an interesting observation last time. took daughter's boyfriend and grandson to IOA and we all wore spiderman shirts. anyway i learned a lot about my daughters boyfriend. he had the option of having a SAM ADAMS beer on draught or bud on draught and he went for the bud. He did not care for the beef sparerib with barley meal either. OBSERVATION: poor taste in beer, no taste for great food. :cool:

Some of my favorites include

The wild mushroom ragout appetizer
The shrimp tempura sushi
The coffee crusted pork loin
The banana chocolate gooey cake

Specials are worth asking about, if they have any.

Just looking for more ideas for what sounds like one of the best restaurants anywhere!!:)

MIB999999, I love your DD's boyfriend story. I remember reading about another DISer who said taking prospective sons-in-law to WDW was a great way to weed the bad ones out!LOL!!:smooth:

First of all, hello to everyone-- this is my first post on this discussion board.

I agree that Mythos has spectacular food-- and although th eatmosphere is somewhat unique, the only thing that annoys me is that (by its nature) it is very echo-ey inside, and it tends to sound like a cafeteria sometimes (with forks dropping, plates clanking, etc)..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter