Lunch Ideas

shb5007

Mouseketeer
We need help thinking of a great place for LUNCH during our October trip this year. We are looking to stay away from Disney Springs. We will be going to the Mickey Not So Scary Party around 4pm. Just TWO adults this trip... keeping the kids at home for the weekend. So we are looking for a spot for lunch around 1pm - 2pm. The menu at Steakhouse 71 doesn't look fantastic for lunch right now... any other thoughts about places off the monorail? Near the boardwalk?

Not sure if you are looking for reservations or not, but if you are not set on needing ADRs, Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge has excellent food. They have a sit-down bar, as well as a quick-serve window.

Grand Floridian Cafe is also very nice with a good atmosphere, although we haven't been back for 3 or 4 years now, so not sure if anything has changed.

IMHO, Steakhouse 71 is still your best bet for good food on the monorail line. Kona and GF Cafe menus are still very limited, IMHO, and not great (particularly Kona). If you want to try the Boardwalk area, I would check out Ale & Compass at YC.

Edited to add: Sanaa at AKL is also very good.

Geyser Point gets my vote, great setting & great food. The boat ride over and back is a nice way to relax too.

I love Grand Floridian Cafe for a nice quiet lunch. For comfort food, a little loud, but still really delicious is Beaches and Cream (ferry from the boardwalk). For a sandwich or burger, Gasparillas at GF is good too. Im not a fan of Kona or Captian Cooks but others seem to love it. Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge is decent too and a quick ferry to MK.

If you have hoppers, the monorail to Epcot expands your choices immensely.

We just had lunch for the first time at Big River Grille on the Boardwalk and sat outside. We enjoyed it very much and in October it may be really nice to sit outside and watch the Friendship boats

We need help thinking of a great place for LUNCH during our October trip this year. We are looking to stay away from Disney Springs. We will be going to the Mickey Not So Scary Party around 4pm. Just TWO adults this trip... keeping the kids at home for the weekend. So we are looking for a spot for lunch around 1pm - 2pm. The menu at Steakhouse 71 doesn't look fantastic for lunch right now... any other thoughts about places off the monorail? Near the boardwalk?
Since you are going to the party at 4pm I would stay local. Either GFC (slow service, ime) or Geyser Point.

If you are looking near the boardwalk because you are staying there, I'd do A&C or B&C. I also do like Sanaa at AKL.

I would avoid all uncovered outside/pool dining as I need an AC break when I am doing the parks.

If you go to GFC, just be aware that several of their breakfast items are served straight through until 2:00pm, and there are very few "lunch" items added. I'm OK with it, but then I loved being able to get breakfast quiche for lunch. So you might want to check their lunchtime menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter