Lunch when park-hopping MK to EP

We are planning to spend a couple of hours in Magic Kingdom and then hop to Epcot on Sunday, April 7. I'm pretty familiar with our park options, but wondering about a monorail resort option for lunch.

We are a party of two vegetarians and two seniors. No one is particularly compelled by "fine dining." (I have trouble justifying vegetarian food at Disney's sit-down menu prices. While I get that dining at Disney is generally expensive, I found a plant-based offering on one menu that was basically red beans and rice for about $28, which is probably more than the cost of eating that every night for a week at home.)

Is Whispering Canyon so great that going over there for an overpriced impossible burger is worth it for the experience? Also looking at Kona Cafe. Anything I'm overlooking?

Thanks.
Unless you are absolutely set on sit down, why not hop around the World Showcase and try some of the booths at Flower and Garden? Lots of plant based options there.

So many ideas. Thanks. Leaning toward the Poly but open to Geyser Point. Hadn't considered bussing to an EP area resort. However, we'll have done World Showcase on Friday and are planning to spend our time in the front of the park on this visit. Our seniors are actually 80 and 82, so I'm trying to be efficient with our planning to keep walking at a moderate level. Plus, one of them is a transportation buff, so parking at TTC and arriving at Epcot by monorail is its own attraction. (We'll have arrived at World Showcase via Skyliner by parking at HS).

Oh, the red beans and rice is at Boathouse. In fairness, it's actually only $24 and it does look good. It's mostly the veg options at the prix fixe restaurants that I can't bring myself to do. Last time we visited with my inlaws they wanted to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table. I had a very nice bowl of vegetables, but we were not there for the food value.

Caribbean Beach is easy to access on the skyliner and has vegetarian options on their menu.

I will be at WDW soon with my 77 year old hubby who broke his hip 6 months to the day we leave. We will be celebrating my 65th bday in a way different than planned because I need to cosider his energy levels and cut out extraneous places that will add exhaustion. Your seniors may not be in the same straits! But if MK and Epcot means lunch would wisely be limited, Contempo Cafe at contemporary has a decent Greek or Power Kale salad, and a vegetable flatbread that is serviceable. And would get you back on the monorail quickly. If on the day of you either really need to eat at MK or go to Epcot with no stops, Connections Eatery has a veggie pizza that Alan and Molly recently didn’t hate. At MK, Casey’s corner plant based dog doesn’t get horrid reviews, and Pecos Bills has rice and beans for cheaper than Boathouse, lol. The plant-bases crab cake sandwich at Harbor House got a thumbs up from a friend of mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter