Luvsmickey's Planning Journal (WP/GF/Illuminations France)Lots of UPDATES!!!!

Those shirts are so cute!!!!!! :banana: They're so cool!!!! The little sisters are going to LOVE them! :love: I LOVE them!!!....my name is spelled K-A-Y-L-A and I love ariel the mermaid.....hint :rolleyes1 hint....jk! Seriously though where did you find those? You are too awesome for words!

princess:

Aw thank you! One of the ladies on the disign board made them for me. I just ironed them on the shirts.

Yay!!!! Got a few things done!!! DF's Dad and Step-Mom were in town for a few days and we got them finished on a few details! DF's Dad had not yet gotten fitted for his tux, so we did that and ordered it! AND his Step-Mom hadn't even started looking for a dress to wear, so we went and got one!!! It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. We also set her up for the Hair/Make-up session with Ana (Beaute Speciale).

Also, the BM gowns arrived!!!! :woohoo: And then to find out, my MOH's (sister) gown was made a little too tight in one area :confused3 She said she brought it to a seamstress and they told us not to fret, though, they're pretty sure they can fix it. So, I'm trying not to Freak :scared: Out!

On a happy note, the color is exactly what I wanted!!! :) And they put straps on the gown for the Jr. Bridesmaid, which was great, but they added them to ALL of the gowns!!! MOH said that they can't just be cut off, they'd have to be undone since they were sewn in so well...I guess having the straps won't be so bad. :confused: Well, I can't wait to see the pics of my BM's in the dresses!!! I actually think they'll look fine.

The BM's Tiara's arrived too!!! Yay!!! :cool1: DM says they look beautiful!!! Also, I decided on my jewelry that I will wear on the Big Day!!! I'm having my jeweler make a 3 stone necklace...One round on bottom two round on top!!! :idea: And a friend at work is lending me her Plat 1/2ct Diamond Studs to wear in my ears!! (Something Borrowed & Something New!) I'm also wearing my Grandmother's Ruby Ring on my Right Hand as my Something Old. Hopefully, my Something Blue will be hidden :rolleyes1 Also!!!! I finally found something to wear under my dress!!! Yay!! I was thinking I was going to have to end up in some kind of plain not pretty not really working type bra, but DM called and told me she found something and it's perfect!!! Yay!

Well, let's see! I still need to get Tiara's for the Flowergirls. I need to get the last of the men fitted for their tuxes (long story but the place I originally went to LOST them!!!). I still need to choose which song I'm walking down the isle to, and leaving to! WE need to choose our vows and which readings we want to have. I still need to have my gown fixed (The train keeps falling off when I walk!) I need to get a plate stand for my "guest book" (it's a Plate!) My invites finally went out....a little late :rolleyes1 And I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things and time :hourglass is quickly running out!!! Well, that's all for now! I'll hopefully have some Good news to update with next time! Wish me luck!!!

Ok, so... LOT's has happened! I'm sorry I haven't been posting it all, I've had a bit going on... About a week and a half ago I Dislocated my Left Knee! I was at work, talk about bad timing! I was in a cast for one week and I was put into a knee brace on friday. I'm on crutches, but I will be able to start walking on it tomorrow. I've been doing my exercises to strengthen it, so hopefully I won't have to be carried down the isle by my dads!:rotfl: My Dr. said I could only wear my cute jeweled shoes for the ceremony, but after that, I had to remove them! It's ok, I wasn't panning to wear them the whole time anyway, my mom got me a cute pair of Flat decorated Moraccan Slippers! They work real nice with the gown! I guess it's a good thing moms think ahead!!!

So...Let's start from the begining!!! I was able to go home to Louisiana for my Best Friend's Baby Shower! And they all supprised me with a Supprise Bridal Shower!!!
Supprise.jpg

OMGIcannotbelievethis.jpg

TheJrBridesmaidandI.jpg

MickeyTreats.jpg

MoreTreats.jpg

SoMuchFood.jpg

SisterlyLove.jpg

Myprettygirls.jpg

MyBestFriendandSister.jpg

LifelongFamilyFriends.jpg

ChrissyandMewithJersey.jpg

AlltheBMs.jpg

yestheystuckmewithatiara.jpg

howsweet.jpg

TearsofJoy.jpg

Now this pic, where I'm crying, I have to explain! When I was 12 my Great Grandmother made a hankerchif for me to carry down the isle and gave me her wedding ring, she said that way she would be with me on my wedding day. Well, I am from New Orleans and I lost EVERYTHING in Hurricane Katrina. I found the hankerchif but it was destroyed...It was black gooy and not repariable...and the ring, stolen! Those things were the ones I cried most over. Well, in this pic, my mother took the hankerchif and fixed it!!! You can't even tell it was every dirty, let alone runied!!! It looks perfect...I cried many tears of joy at this point...And they did too (next pic)!
TheyCriedwithme.jpg

Grandmainthemiddle.jpg

Ifoundfood.jpg

Well, that's my shower, I'll post in a bit some more stuff with some more pics!

Aw those pics are great! I'm so glad you got this surprise. You are one of the sweetest people I am fortunate to know. I'm sorrry for all the bad things lately. But you will be blessed in your life and your wedding will be amazing!

Ok, so for those of you that read my other thread about 10 days ago...You know I had an issue with the cake. At 20 somethings days till the wedding, they told me they couldn't do what they originally said for the price they said they could do it at. For those of you that couldn't find my cake pic in the journal, here it is again:
castlecake.jpg

Ok, so I wrote an email to my planner and told her I know it wasn't her fault but that she was my only connection to the bakery, whose fault it was. I told her that I wanted it to look like this cake and I didn't want to pay anymore than what I've already given the money for!!! I told her it didn't have to be exact, I'm not THAT pickey, but I want the swags and i want the dots in the center and I want the scrolls on the bottom...I already decided to go with Cinderella and Prince Charming instead of the cake b/c it would save me $80 and it was what my DF wanted...So, that was all the change I wanted to make. They're going to do it in Buttercream, or at least I think, and my wedding planner has guarenteed me that I will love the cake! So, Yay! Let's hope it all works out! We'll find out in less than 10 days!!! :scared:

Aw those pics are great! I'm so glad you got this surprise. You are one of the sweetest people I am fortunate to know. I'm sorrry for all the bad things lately. But you will be blessed in your life and your wedding will be amazing!

Awww! Thank you! I appreciate EVERYTHING you've done for me! If I had never got to know you, I don't know what I would have done!! Thank you for being a very good friend! :hug:

The shower looked like so much fun! I'm glad they were able to do that for you, especially what your mom did! What a touching moment. :goodvibes

You're down to ten days! Eek! Sounds like you have just about everything wrapped up, down to what shoes you can wear, with your injury. (Which sucks, btw! :hug:)

So excited for you! :banana:

i just finished reading your ENTIRE planning journal and i must say that you are one organized bride! everything that you have done looks beautiful...and you are almost to single digit days! :cool1: congratulations and have fun!

The shower looked like so much fun! I'm glad they were able to do that for you, especially what your mom did! What a touching moment. :goodvibes

You're down to ten days! Eek! Sounds like you have just about everything wrapped up, down to what shoes you can wear, with your injury. (Which sucks, btw! :hug:)

So excited for you! :banana:

Thank you so much! I need all the hugs I can get! And I'm getting SO excited! :yay:

i just finished reading your ENTIRE planning journal and i must say that you are one organized bride! everything that you have done looks beautiful...and you are almost to single digit days! :cool1: congratulations and have fun!

Wow, thanks! And I know, it's almost here! :woohoo:

I have chosen the parents' gifts, but can't post them b/c they read the DISboards!!! I've also chosen the attendants gifts, but again, they read this too! So, unfortuneatly, I can't share here what they are...Oh well!

I had a bit of an issue with the Maid of Honor's dress too! She got her gown in and it was a bit tight, she took it to a seemstress and told her not to worry, they could fix it...$119 later, almost the cost of the dress orriginally, it was STILL too tight, and she's a size 2!!! It was just made wrong and there wasn't a lot of room to let it out! So, I emailed the Kanacca site and told them our problem. I was nice, but explained that she's paid for two dresses and still doesn't have one! They appoligized and told us that if we paid shipping, they wouldn't make us return the other dress and make a new one. My sister, who is my MOH, paid the shipping and she recieved the gown Saturday!!!! I'm so glad they were able to put it together in time, it was made out of the same fabric but if you look closely, you'll see something different...Here's her in her new gown:
DSCF2043.jpg

DSCF2045.jpg

DSCF2044.jpg

Now this is a pic of the other Bridesmaid and Jr. BM Gown:
BMgown.jpg

As you can see, the beading and flowers are different, I guess it's ok though, since she is the Maid of Honor. I actually like the new one better, but it'll work, I'm just glad she has a gown to wear!

Here is a pic of my Ring Bearer's Pillow...and yes that is a jeweled frog...My little fairytale is complete!
DSCF2040.jpg

DSCF2042.jpg

As you can see the Frog holds the Rings! My mom found it and attached it to this beautiful pillow which i think fits the theme perfectly!

I'm sure there's something I'm leaving out, but I'll have to post it later if I figure it out!

Day your wedding is just about to start and I wanted to tell you that I hope it is everything that you have dreamed of. :love: You and Dennis are the cutest couple and I'm sure you will have a blast. Can't wait to hear the details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter