• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Maaaaajor Cast Member magic that just keeps getting better!

Just like everyone else, I had tears running down my cheeks as I read this.

I am so glad she was there to help and glad to made the extra effort to give her credit. This also brought back memories of a DVC cast member Lydia who went above and beyond to help me when my mother was in ICU days before our Disney cruise. I too wrote a letter and emailed it to her managers. I received a voicemail several days later from her boss thanking me for the letter and ensuring me that it would go in her personal file and that she would share it with Lydia.

I hope your daughter recuperated quickly and you were able to enjoy the rest of your trip.

Yes! Great article. I have always wondered where Disney finds these CM. They are just the best and shine during adverse situations.

I seriously teared up! For her and for you! Shining example of why we all love Disney!

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story. I'm tearing up at my desk at work!

Thank you for sharing your story. It's wonderful to hear about CM's who are special get recognized by their superiors!

Good for you for letting Disney know about their great employee. It's easy to complain and I am sure they hear a lot of complaints. So great to here the good stuff.

Thank you. And you have given me another example to use when people ask me, "Why do you keep going back to Disney World?"

Thank you so much for sharing and taking time to pass on kindness! Lol, maybe you will get to go meet your close neighbors :) Take care and God Bless You.

What an awesome email and email responses!! I take up for CM's every chance I get as they work so hard and stay so upbeat.
There are some people that 'knock' them, call them 'rude', etc. when they are only doing their jobs. Thanks for doing your part in seeing they get the recognition they deserve!

Wonderful! I have epilepsy as well, and it’s SO scary - not only for us, but those around us.

I hope u all will be able to stay in contact!

What a Magical moment , so glad you were able to experience something so good at a scary moment.

Great story especially with all the "issues" lately, thanks for sharing and I hope everyone is ok!

Can I make a gentle suggestion.... consider editing out the last names?

It's not clear if either the CM or the mom consented to you sharing this online - and again even though its positive imho you can never be to careful.

Very good suggestion. I checked with Emma's mom and all are okay with me using names. Other than that unfortunate incident, our trip was fantastic. Olivia still talks about her new "friends" that took care of her while mommy was having her "fevers". :hug:

I have a 14 year-old son with epilepsy. He had his first seizure in December of last year while we were on FEA. The cast members we’re amazing and so were the paramedics. I know first hand how important it is to have help in that situation. It’s always so scary when a seizure comes on, and being able to only focus on your daughter was a huge blessing. I’m glad she was there to help you and your granddaughter at exactly the right time, and I’m really glad that Emma got the recognition she deserved.

:hug: Epilepsy is so unpredictable and scary. I'm sorry your kiddo had that awful experience at WDW. Good luck to you. xoxo
melanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter