• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mad Hatter Party Photos

where were your parties held and how much did they cost about?
were the decorations included?
how many people?

oh i forgot to mention we also used teapots of all different kinds as centerpieces, its a cheap easy way to have cool centerpieces! we also had framed photos of DH and I up on all the tables. OH and my favorite thing. my sister bought the alice and wonderland kids book and everyone signed it with well wishes somewhere in the book and now its my really great keepsake!

the pcis from the mad hatter party at teh GF are BEAUTIFUL! I hear that is a SUPER expensive party though. how cool to be able to do it!

I love all of the teapot ideas and how they are painted and colored! Where did you guys get those teapots.

Allison I still love that shirt you have!!

My Party was at the GF Conv White Hall Patio

the large flower centerpieces we had done here at home and drove them down after using them at my shower....they were then lost or stolen..after the party-
The buffet stuff was at no charge...
I had about 20 people there, we did it as a bridesmaid luncheon

It was about 2000 ish and that was with characters and no props which are VERY expensive - we had the Mad Hatter and White Rabitt

maggie- i know other people bought and painted teapots, but we just used ones we had and had friends/family bring any over that they had so we had a big mismatched collection of them for centerpieces

Heather I love your photos... I want to do the same thing for my Bridal Shower:goodvibes

TessRC,
Do you by chance have any other pix of your venue? We currently have our Mad Hatter Welcome Brunch scheduled in the St Augustine A/B Ballrooms at the Grand Floridian (we are already using Whitehall for our vow renewal reception the next day) I saw your pix and just love the site and all your ideas! I just used those favor tins for my daughter's second birthday party (Ariel) this past weekend.

Anyway, after I saw your pix, I called Ken and asked about the venue and it is available but I really would love to hear more about it. We are looking for something "only at Disney" and since it will be July and the Boardwalk Lawn is out and we are already using Whitehall, I thought this would be a great place---and the kids will love it!

Thanks!
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Thanks, I really loved our venue :goodvibes I loved that it had so much personality already so I didn't have to spend a ton to decorate. Here's a couple pics my wedding planner had sent:

BigTop1.jpg

ViewofWonders.jpg

They have red or purple chairs standard and they alternated them for us at no charge.

Here's a picure of a window in the room looking out into the Wonders of Life Pavillion. Even though the pavillion is closed most of the time, including the day of our wedding, it was still a lot of fun to have this as a view:

TeaParty.jpg

Behind Mickey you can see some video screens, that's the first thing people see as they get off the elevator (which I can't find a picture of, but I remember the ceiling of the elevator had a red & white swirly top). For a fee they played our DVD continuously of Alice in Wonderland, which I thought added a little to the theme (and some of the kids would go over and watch parts of every now and then).

Teaparty2.jpg

I cropped this one so all of my family won't be upset I posted pictures of them all over the internet ;) but you can sort of see behind the Mad Hatter, who was EXCELLENT by the way and is adjusting someone's hat in this picture, the bar. The Queen of Hearts was also excellent, I can't find any pictures on my computer but she was very upset I had a tiara since she was the Queen, and kept pointing to her crown. :)

Teaparty3.jpg

It's kind of neat since you go backstage to get inside (you'd need Disney transportation because of that). Any questions just ask!

Tess :goodvibes

Tess,

Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!

I believe I have now officially driven Ken (my wp) over the edge w/my changes but I think we are going to switch to the wonders lounge! I know we will spend more for the room charge ($500) and the bus ($346) but we will save thousands on the props (they originally had us for $6500, then reduced to $4300) I think we can get away w/ a few flowers, the cheshire cat and maybe a teapot if it fits so hopefully closer to $2000. We also planned on using a gazebo w/flower balls, cascading ribbons and butterflies that would've cost us another $1000+. And no white rental chairs and sashes so another couple hundred there.

It is a totally different look and feel from having it at the Grand's ballrooms but I really think it will be over the top wild and the kids will love it! Besides, they'll be at the Grand for the reception and that will make Whitehall more of a surprise.

I do have a couple more questions though and you can pm me if you'd rather not post. Do you remember how much they charged you for setting up the DVD? How much the adorable dessert cups were? Also, I love your menu quotes and centerpieces and hope you don't mind if we use them for inspiration. The pix are so helpful, especially the ones that show the glass wall. Ken described it to me but I'm much better when I can see it. Any other pix or advise are always welcome! Thank you for sharing your day!

Lisa

Maggie---So sorry for hijacking your thread!! If you are looking for some cute Alice things, the disney store has plush Alice and the Cheshire cat and I think they are on clearance. You can get a 15% off coupon if you sign up at wishesgranteddaily.com too. They also have cute coffee mugs. We got the two packs from disneyshopping.com and mixed them with the other two styles at the Disney Store. The Disney Store had Alice frames on clearance too. Oh, if you go to usps.com they still (a few weeks ago) had the old stamps that had Alice on them. Of course, you have to add the extra postage now, but they are adorable. One last thing, for my kids parties or any other, I use birthdaypartyideas.com. They have every theme under the rainbow w/lots of great user ideas. Orientaltrading.com and shindigz.com are great for supplies as well. And of course, the pix and ideas here on the dis are the best!! I think I'm using elements from heather, allison and tess already along w/a few from older threads too! Thanks everyone!

Tess,

Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!

I believe I have now officially driven Ken (my wp) over the edge w/my changes but I think we are going to switch to the wonders lounge! I know we will spend more for the room charge ($500) and the bus ($346) but we will save thousands on the props (they originally had us for $6500, then reduced to $4300) I think we can get away w/ a few flowers, the cheshire cat and maybe a teapot if it fits so hopefully closer to $2000. We also planned on using a gazebo w/flower balls, cascading ribbons and butterflies that would've cost us another $1000+. And no white rental chairs and sashes so another couple hundred there.

It is a totally different look and feel from having it at the Grand's ballrooms but I really think it will be over the top wild and the kids will love it! Besides, they'll be at the Grand for the reception and that will make Whitehall more of a surprise.

I do have a couple more questions though and you can pm me if you'd rather not post. Do you remember how much they charged you for setting up the DVD? How much the adorable dessert cups were? Also, I love your menu quotes and centerpieces and hope you don't mind if we use them for inspiration. The pix are so helpful, especially the ones that show the glass wall. Ken described it to me but I'm much better when I can see it. Any other pix or advise are always welcome! Thank you for sharing your day!

Lisa

Maggie---So sorry for hijacking your thread!! If you are looking for some cute Alice things, the disney store has plush Alice and the Cheshire cat and I think they are on clearance. You can get a 15% off coupon if you sign up at wishesgranteddaily.com too. They also have cute coffee mugs. We got the two packs from disneyshopping.com and mixed them with the other two styles at the Disney Store. The Disney Store had Alice frames on clearance too. Oh, if you go to usps.com they still (a few weeks ago) had the old stamps that had Alice on them. Of course, you have to add the extra postage now, but they are adorable. One last thing, for my kids parties or any other, I use birthdaypartyideas.com. They have every theme under the rainbow w/lots of great user ideas. Orientaltrading.com and shindigz.com are great for supplies as well. And of course, the pix and ideas here on the dis are the best!! I think I'm using elements from heather, allison and tess already along w/a few from older threads too! Thanks everyone!

No need to appologize whatsoever. Im glad that this thread has been helpful to some. Thats what my intent was. I love seeing all the different parties and its hard not to love them all! Thanks for the websites-- ive just saved those to my favorites for future use! Thank you!:thumbsup2

From what I remember (and our wedding was 02/06, so our planning & prices are from roughly 6 months before that, but to give you a ballpark figure) we paid $100 to have the DVD run continuously, and we had to provide the DVD. That was something we specifically asked to do, the biggest thing I learned from wedding planning is it never hurts to ask! Usually Disney will be able to accommodate anything for the right price.

For our items the wedding planner placed at every setting for us we had a hat in each chair & favor put out, we just gave our wedding planner the favors & hats a couple days before the wedding. I believe the florist set up our menu cards for us at the same time they set up the linens. We shipped a box down to the Disney Florist ahead of time of our teapots that they filled with flowers and set up for us, our petal cones they filled for us, and the menu cards.

Our menu back then was $41.00 per person for lunch. Here we asked for a bunch of exceptions and got tons of pixie dust from the chefs at Epcot:

Chicken noodle soup with Mickey shaped noodles served in a mug or cup with a handle

Caesar Salad

Parmesan Chicken Served over Pasta

Steamed Vegetable Medley

Soft rolls with Mickey shaped butter (they couldn't do butterfly shaped butter for bread and butterflies, so we settled for Mickey shaped :) )

White chocolate tea cup with Chocolate Saucer and spoon filled with White Chocolate Mousse & Silk Screen of Alice in cocoa powder

I believe the tea cups alone were about $15.00 each of the total. I specifically asked about a themed dessert like the chocolate slipper but Mad Tea Party themed and they really blew me away with it!

We also scheduled the Queen of Hearts to arrive first thing to greet everyone as they entered. We had a friend take every family's picture with the Queen to use for our guest book. After the wedding I had extra reprints made and also included that family's picture with their thank you card.

And here's a picture of our guest book table:

guestbook.jpg

We got one of those picture guestbooks from The Guestbook Store where everyone takes a page and answers questions (how do you know the couple, what's your advise for them, etc.). Don't forget to have the characters sign the guestbook, too :)

We absolutely loved the Wonder's Lounge and were beyond impressed with Disney, not one thing went wrong and they truely exceeded my expectations :goodvibes

--Tess

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter