Made in America

There has been a lot of talk recently about buying made in America products. So I'm wondering, what is your favorite made in America company and why?

America needs to make some noise. A quiet factory is a bad thing. Too many times jobs are lost in America going to cheaper wage countries. We must do what we can do buy made in America. Too many great companies to single one out.

I was thinking maybe food because it doesn't necessarily make that much sense to import packaged food. Still - Mondelez now makes many older Nabisco brands in Mexico. Just pick up a package of Oreos.

Board Shorts World for your summer swim style!

One of my roommates in college was from California and swore by this place. It's a bit pricey, but they have so many colors, patterns, and styles of board shorts for men, women, and kids. I've been really happy with them over the years.
https://boardshortworld.com
Here's a website I found the other day that lists all sorts of great Made in the USA stuff.
https://www.usalovelist.com
ETA: My washing machine is a Speed Queen. It's fantastic!

Interesting question.

First, I’ll answer by saying mine are Tesla and Hancock & Moore furniture.

But, this question begs the following questions:

What do you consider to be “Made in America”?

1. Is itAmerican made only if the entire manufacturing, production, or assembly from raw material to final product is done in America?

2. What about an American factory owned by a foreign controlled entity? Is that considered American made?

3. How about products with sub-assembly made overseas but with final assembly in the US?

4. How about products designed in America with American employees but assembled abroad?

And, if your answer is Yes to only the first 2 questions above, how much more are you willing to pay for it? 10% more? 25% more? 50% more? 100% more? 200% more? 300% more?

I’ve consulted for a CPG company before. One reputable survey showed about 85% of respondents said they won’t pay more than 20% premium on “Made in America” in the form of questions 1 and 2 if there are very similar alternatives.

Very few American businesses can survive that differential.

Some may argue tariffs are the answer. Well, any knowledgeable person would know tariffs work both ways.

True, but those aren’t manufactured for the purpose of exporting to the US or anywhere in Europe. The argument of which cars are more American these days are pretty funny. Most American consumers just have no idea how trade works.

I haven't owned too many cars, and every car I've bought was made in Japan. I think the domestic/imported content info on the factory sticker has been a requirement for a while. My first car said that it was 95% content from Japan and 5% from the United States. As far as I could tell it was just tires. It didn't really make too much sense to me that they should ship tires to Japan to put on a car destined for the United States, but that's what it said.

I haven't owned too many cars, and every car I've bought was made in Japan. I think the domestic/imported content info on the factory sticker has been a requirement for a while. My first car said that it was 95% content from Japan and 5% from the United States. As far as I could tell it was just tires. It didn't really make too much sense to me that they should ship tires to Japan to put on a car destined for the United States, but that's what it said.
It's hard to tell with cars other than the sticker. My Ford Flex was assembled in Canada. It replaces a Chevy Suburban that was also made in Canada. I has a 2003 Ford Focus 4 door sedan. The 2 door and 4 door hatchbacks were made in Mexico, only the 4 door sedans were made in the U.S. but the engine was made in Japan by Mazda. Until recently Ford owned at least a piece of Mazda.

Some of my favorite American made products from breweries and distilleries.
I also have some favorite local shops that make their own bath products and foods.
Other than that I don't have specific favorite American made stuff, I have favorite American companies but their products aren't necessarily made here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter