Madonna

I had a close family member get sepsis and end up in the ICU from a cat bite. This was someone who was healthy and in their early 40s. The only risk factor was that they were on a biologic medicine for psoriasis.

Well, that's a pretty major risk factor considering those medicines basically turn your immune system off.

Well, that's a pretty major risk factor considering those medicines basically turn your immune system off.
Yes, believe me I know. We had discussed it multiple times as I felt the risk of the medication possibly wasn’t worth the benefits. He went from healthy to in the ICU in less than 8 hours.

I had a sepsis infection when I was in my early 50s, presumably from acupuncture needles. The infection settled in my back and I had to have surgery to have the infection completely removed. I was in the hospital for 11 days then sent home will IV antibiotics and home health care and eventually aqua physical therapy. It was NOT a fun time!

I was also on Enbrel so what might have been a mild infection for someone else was probably worse for me because of the biologic.

I had a sepsis infection when I was in my early 50s, presumably from acupuncture needles. The infection settled in my back and I had to have surgery to have the infection completely removed. I was in the hospital for 11 days then sent home will IV antibiotics and home health care and eventually aqua physical therapy. It was NOT a fun time!

I was also on Enbrel so what might have been a mild infection for someone else was probably worse for me because of the biologic.
This is terrifying. I love me my mani/pedis. But I know someone that lost a toe because of sepsis due to a pedicure.

I thought it was just postponed until further notice? Is this a new update?
No, all we know is that there will be some type of postponement-but that’s it.

The tour was selling very well, so much so that multiple dates kept getting added. The 2nd leg of US dates are slower to sell but I’m sure once word of mouth got around she’d be doing just fine. They aren’t until late 2023/2024. Cheaper seats tend to sell fast while the extremely high priced ones sit around a little until it gets closer.

I have tickets for NYC in August and Philly in December and hope she is able to do the tour. I was shocked when I saw the headline show up on my phone yesterday, as I was listening to her! Seems like she’s home now and resting, at least that’s the last I’ve read.

No, all we know is that there will be some type of postponement-but that’s it.

I was afraid that news of a permanent cancellation meant she has gotten worse, or that things are worse than they originally let on. Still hoping for the best for Madonna. 🤞 🙏

I was afraid that news of a permanent cancellation meant she has gotten worse, or that things are worse than they originally let on. Still hoping for the best for Madonna. 🤞 🙏
Yes let’s hope for the best for her health and tour, health obviously comes first but she deserves one Greatest Hits tour and I’m sure she wants to do it.

My uncle died of sepsis from an infected toe. They amputated the toe, but it just spread like wildfire and took him out in just a few days.

My Mother died of Sepsis in 24 hours. Well, she must have been more sick than I knew and her husband failed to address it.
I only knew when she was in the ICU, already comatose, basically they told me she was already gone, but wait 24 hours for a brain scan for activity. There was none. I had to decide to stop the Ventilator.

I've been septic twice. The first time I think I got lucky...just like Madonna, I was found unresponsive, when the paramedics got me to the hospital my temp was almost 105, my bp was 60/40. I had wondered that afternoon if I might be getting a UTI, but decided to give it a little time to be sure. I have Crohns Disease and am on a biologic, so immune supressed. Thank g-d my husband decided to check on me. Second time I got to the hospital much more quickly, so it wasn't as bad, but sepsis is NOT to be taken lightly. I now keep test strips in the house and test if there is any hint of a UTI.

I had also heard she was unhappy with so many tickets still available and non sold out shows. She expected to be at the Taylor Swift breaking the internet level of demand.

Not only is my city not sold out, but there are tons of nonresale seats available. And just looking at how many concerts still have seats, it probably is consistent across many shows.

https://www.madonna.com/tour

I hope she is ok, but I really don’t believe this is anything more than a stunt to save face. This came out on Tuesday (when she was well on her way to the full recovery they said she would make and almost being discharged), and they are already talking about the tour with dates far into the fall?

I am a Madonna fan, but after the mDNA concert, I have no interest in seeing her perform live. That show was rough. It happened to be on election night, so between her weird political ranting and voting lecture (the polls were long closed by the time she took the stage…) and writhing around trying to have people throw money on the stage for hurricane relief, it was a mess. It was embarrassing to watch. She can’t seem to accept not being a sex symbol and just age gracefully.

But I wish her well and hope she makes a full recovery quickly so the tour can start soon.

My Mother died of Sepsis in 24 hours. Well, she must have been more sick than I knew and her husband failed to address it.
I only knew when she was in the ICU, already comatose, basically they told me she was already gone, but wait 24 hours for a brain scan for activity. There was none. I had to decide to stop the Ventilator.
I'm so sorry, Mommasita. What a horrible thing to have put on your shoulders.

When my uncle's toe got infected, he tried treating it at home with antibiotic ointment because he didn't think it was serious-none of us did. By the time we all realized there was a problem, it was already in his bloodstream. He went into the hospital, and they took the toe off, but at 78 years old and not in the best of health to begin with, well.

DH recently got sepsis due to a kidney stone; it caused a blockage and waste buildup in the kidney, which in turn caused an infection.

UPDATE FOR MADONNA:

Madonna was seen out and about in the upper east side of Manhattan today! :cheer2:

That's her in blue:

30e08dfda6574442ac3bd36832195dad_md.png

She also made an announcement in an Instagram post about
the difficult decision to delay her tour until October, "My first thought when I woke up in the hospital was my children. My second thought was that I did not want to disappoint anyone who bought tickets for my tour. I also didn't want to let down the people who worked tirelessly with me over the last few months to create my show. I hate to disappoint anyone."

Madonna has delayed her July 15 start date of the Celebration tour to October in Europe. She was first supposed to start in North America with the show on July 15th kicking off in Vancouver. But now the European leg of the tour will kick off first. It's estimated she will maybe do the U.S. and Canada in the spring of 2024.

The current postponed dates:

https://dam.tmz.com/document/0a/o/2023/07/10/0ad8b61a7bed4655844717727c7df125.pdf

Last edited:
I have been following along with this story and it was reported that she ran a fever for over a month. She probably was being treated but at our age, this type of infection keeps returning. You can call your Dr. And they have you bring in a urine sample and most times it will show nothing. It has to be kept for 48 hours and then you get the true results. My clinic throws out the sample if it is negative. The Mayo Clinic in Rochester told me to tell my primary to hold the urine as a request and they do now. It is so frustrating to even be seen by a OB/GYN, the wait time is a year out. If you do test positive they really need to know what bacteria it is, because each there are different antibiotics for different strains of infections. It does not surprise me that she cancelled the next couple of months. This is not a 10 day antibiotic and you are good to go. If she is fighting a UTI, or BV on top of Yeast an infections, it is definitely a nightmare of a roller coaster, that you just cannot get off of. It is vicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter