Maggie & Shanes Wedding TR- Nov 2006- Sea Breeze Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maggie,

Did you get your dress cleaned before your at home reception?

How long did it take?

I'm worried about having a grubby dress after I go adventuring with Randy tot ake lots of fab pictures like yours!!

I didnt wear my dress to the at-home reception. We kept it somewhat low-key since I didnt have the photos back yet. However, I did take my dress to the local dry cleaners (DH gets his shirts cleaned there every week and I trust them tremendously) and it took about 3 weeks. Do you have that kind of time? If you do-- I would say you will be alright. You might go to the place you are cleaning it and ask how long it will take them to clean it.

My dress was FILTHY before we even left SBP. We did the photos before the wedding seperately at the Wilderness Lodge, then his photos during the ceremony-- and the rest at SBP... Then we went to the GF where I got in the sand, in the water, on the grass, etc. My dress looked like this from the blacktop at SBP before we even GOT to the GF. However, Randy realizes what our dresses get into and in a conversation with him before I received my photos he told me that he positions you, and the camera, so the dirt doesnt get in very many photos. Here is the photo from SBP

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos188.jpg

GL Meryll!! I know everything will work out just perfect for you!:hug:

Thanks for your advice,
We have just under 2 weeks so I don't know if it'll be doable! :scared1:

We're wanting to do the MK shoot too, and I hear you get pretty grubby from that, but we're planning a small ceremony before the wedding so I had intended on wearing my dress again.

Think I'd better find a cleaner in our area and ask them (the shop I found my dress in is about 2 hours away) man I'm awkward!

Who cleans wedding dresses anyway? Dry cleaners? Or wedding shops? Oh, you already said dry cleaners! I really don't have a clue what I'm doing, do I?! :rotfl:

Thanks for your advice,
We have just under 2 weeks so I don't know if it'll be doable! :scared1:

We're wanting to do the MK shoot too, and I hear you get pretty grubby from that, but we're planning a small ceremony before the wedding so I had intended on wearing my dress again.

Think I'd better find a cleaner in our area and ask them (the shop I found my dress in is about 2 hours away) man I'm awkward!

Who cleans wedding dresses anyway? Dry cleaners? Or wedding shops? Oh, you already said dry cleaners! I really don't have a clue what I'm doing, do I?! :rotfl:

haha! You have enough to worry about right now-- so I wouldn't worry too much about having your thinking cap on (esp. when it comes to where to get your dress cleaned-- heck you probably have enough to worry about just getting ready for the big day).

I did take mine to the drycleaners. They put it in a preservation box and everything (I havent taken it out or looked at it- who knows if I ever will. Heck, I could have the girl down the roads dress for all I know. Or a baby outfit in there- lol). Just try calling around-- I bet somewhere can get it done for you that soon. I think mine took as long as it did because they had to order the preservation box and stuff. I cant imagine it would actually take that long to physically clean a dress, ya know?

Maggie, so glad to see your TR pop again! I am so overdue at sending out those snowglobe pictures between moving, our honeymoon, and at-home reception this weekend I haven't had time to get them out to photograph, I'll be in touch soon!

Just wanted to jump in about the cleaning of the dress before an at-home reception. It only took a week to get mine back from the cleaners for my reception. It takes a lot less time when you're not having it preserved yet :thumbsup2

Just wanted to jump in about the cleaning of the dress before an at-home reception. It only took a week to get mine back from the cleaners for my reception. It takes a lot less time when you're not having it preserved yet :thumbsup2
Awesome :thumbsup2 Thanks for that Vanessa, you were right Maggie, it really should take that long to clean one dress ;)
I think I'll call and check much nearer the time (well maybe I'll call soon just to check their timescale), and call before we go to let them know what date I'm bringing it in when we get back so they can't say they weren't warned!

Phew! That's a relief to know it can be done - just pray that our dry cleaners are as speedy as Vanessa's!

Just found your report today (someone linked it on another thread) and read it start to finish!

What a fabulous day! You have some amazing pictures!

My husband and I got married in 2005 with about 300 people in IL - now I wish I would have done it in WDW like you did! Maybe a vow renewal for our 10 year.... :)

Thanks for sharing!

Just found your report today (someone linked it on another thread) and read it start to finish!

What a fabulous day! You have some amazing pictures!

My husband and I got married in 2005 with about 300 people in IL - now I wish I would have done it in WDW like you did! Maybe a vow renewal for our 10 year.... :)

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!! I'm really glad you enjoyed it!! A vow renewal is definitely a good idea!! :hug:

Maggie your TR originally inspired DH and I to have a vow renewal in WDW, but now instead we are looking to move to FL/WDW. Maybe one of these days I will be able to have as magical of a day as you had.

Maggie your TR originally inspired DH and I to have a vow renewal in WDW, but now instead we are looking to move to FL/WDW. Maybe one of these days I will be able to have as magical of a day as you had.

Just think, moving to the WDW area is even better- you can go whenever you want! Never give up faith- if you want that vow renewal you will get it, all in good timing. Florida is beautiful.... i hope everything works out the best for you both!!:woohoo: :yay:

I just read through all 16 pages and even though I had never read it... your pictures are what drove me to book randy. Everything looked great and you were a beautiful bride.

I just read through all 16 pages and even though I had never read it... your pictures are what drove me to book randy. Everything looked great and you were a beautiful bride.

Thank you so much! You will absolutely love Randy!! He is so amazing at what he does!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Maggie you were such a beautiful bride! My mom and I were on the resort boards planning a trip to disney when I noticed there was a wedding board and I thought it would be fun to look at people's pictures. Your trip report was one of the very first ones I found and read. When I showed my mom how nice your pictures were.... that is when we decided Disney would be the perfect place for a wedding! Up until that point, we were talking about England, Hawaii and we just couldn't find the right place. I had to convince DF a bit but now it is all settled and we booked Randy. I just hope my pictures turn out half as nice as yours!

Maggie you were such a beautiful bride! My mom and I were on the resort boards planning a trip to disney when I noticed there was a wedding board and I thought it would be fun to look at people's pictures. Your trip report was one of the very first ones I found and read. When I showed my mom how nice your pictures were.... that is when we decided Disney would be the perfect place for a wedding! Up until that point, we were talking about England, Hawaii and we just couldn't find the right place. I had to convince DF a bit but now it is all settled and we booked Randy. I just hope my pictures turn out half as nice as yours!

You are way too sweet!! Congrats on your upcoming marriage. I think you will be extremely pleased with WDW. They definitely go out of their way to make everything as magical as possible for you.:hug:

Maggie! I was excited to see your trip report is still getting action and helping out new brides. I just wanted to drop a note and say hi, hope all is going well for you and Shane. I'm sure you're enjoying your gorgeous new house by now. :goodvibes :hug:

Maggie! I was excited to see your trip report is still getting action and helping out new brides. I just wanted to drop a note and say hi, hope all is going well for you and Shane. I'm sure you're enjoying your gorgeous new house by now. :goodvibes :hug:

Hey Kelly!! We are all settled in. We were able to move in the first week in February. I can't believe believe its already been this long. How are you doing? I asked Dana about dropping in over at the other place but never did hear back from her. I miss talking to you!!! How are things with you?

ETA: Here is what the house looks like on the outside all finished :)
DSC02488.jpg

Maggie, your house is beautiful :lovestruc ! Is it just the two of you in there? You've got lots of room for little ones!! :lmao:

Hey Kelly!! We are all settled in. We were able to move in the first week in February. I can't believe believe its already been this long. How are you doing? I asked Dana about dropping in over at the other place but never did hear back from her. I miss talking to you!!! How are things with you?

ETA: Here is what the house looks like on the outside all finished :)
DSC02488.jpg

WOW!! It's gorgeous! I love how the turret turned out. It's so neat to see the finished product. I love it! It's nice to see green grass, everything here is burnt and brown. You've done a great job with the landscaping, it's so pretty.

Things are great here, nothing too new. I'll send Dana a PM too. That'd be great to hear from you more, you're missed!

Maggie, your house is beautiful :lovestruc ! Is it just the two of you in there? You've got lots of room for little ones!! :lmao:

Hey!! Yeah its just the two of us, for now. We started out building a 3BR 3 BA with 3500 SqFt but it grew to 4 BR's and 4000 SqFt. We are definitely ready to have kids-- have I mentioned lately how bad I have the itch?? I want 2 of my own and we want to adopt 2 after that. So we will need the room one day;) . Plus, I dont know if we could afford it then so we might as well do it now when we can.

How are you doing Mrs. Preggers? How far along are you now? Any nursery photos? Boy/Girl? Names?? I've been reading baby magazines like its going out of style. I dont know if you get them-- but I can sign you up to receive Parenting, Babytalk, and American baby for free. I have a lot of baby freebies too if you want the list! Just let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter