Magic - 10 night Eastern Caribbean

spankswife

Mouseketeer
Summer 2025 has a 10 night Eastern Caribbean on the Magic, I can’t find a ton of info for this from past sailings. Is this a new itinerary? Any thoughts or reviews? Port excursion suggestions?

I think it’s 2 sea days, Tortola, St. Kitts, St John’s, San Juan, Sea Day, Lighthouse, Castaway.

My thought is that Disney should allow the 10 day or unique itineraries to have more unique locations they visit. I also get the desire to include both Disney islands, but it seems kind of silly to me...

My thought is that Disney should allow the 10 day or unique itineraries to have more unique locations they visit. I also get the desire to include both Disney islands, but it seems kind of silly to me...
They are going to be pushing hard for Lookout Cay, especially on any Magic sailing in the Bahamas/Caribbean.

I could see that. For me/us the itinerary is a really nice flow. 2 days to unwind and get in vacation mode. 4 days of adventures. A day of rest. 2 beach/relax days. Home.

I’m more curious about the other ports. Also do they do pirate night? Themes? Character outfits? That kind of stuff :)

I’ll make an educated guess that people willing to spend $13K on a 10 night Disney cruise would prefer a Disney experience over unique ports.

Historically cruises that don’t touch CC are the line’s cheapest. We did an 8 night cruise last year that visited the ABC islands (but not CC) — on most cruise lines, those itineraries sell for a premium. On Disney, it was the second least expensive cruise offered on a per night basis.

I could see that. For me/us the itinerary is a really nice flow. 2 days to unwind and get in vacation mode. 4 days of adventures. A day of rest. 2 beach/relax days. Home.

I’m more curious about the other ports. Also do they do pirate night? Themes? Character outfits? That kind of stuff :)
We did an 11 night Southern Carib on Fantasy, and yes, there was a Pirate night

St Kitts is beautiful! Loved the old town of San Juan. St Johns is supposed to be fabulous.

Just to be clear this is St John's the capital of Antigua and Barboda. Not Saint John, USVI. With the ports chosen, this is just an extended Eastern Caribbean cruise. Southern would be things like Barbados, Grenada, St Vincent, Martinique.

I would call Disney uninspired for their port choices. But every line does it. The cruises that go to Grand Turk, St Croix, St Barts are few and far between.

I’ll make an educated guess that people willing to spend $13K on a 10 night Disney cruise would prefer a Disney experience over unique ports.

Historically cruises that don’t touch CC are the line’s cheapest. We did an 8 night cruise last year that visited the ABC islands (but not CC) — on most cruise lines, those itineraries sell for a premium. On Disney, it was the second least expensive cruise offered on a per night basis.
We were going to do the 10 night Southern on the Fantasy this July and paid 12k for an ocean view. We actually just switched to Celebrity Beyond (one of the newest Edge class) for an 8 night ABC island in a concierge verandah for the price of 5500 😁 Even with adding premium drink package for the 2 adults and zero proof for the kid, Wi-Fi, and some speciality dining we will come out way ahead. After watching numerous videos DD10 said she wanted to do the Beyond instead of Disney—she said she wanted a break from so many kids, wanted a smaller group kids club thought the ship looked “cooler” thought the shows looked “cooler”, and wants to chill at the pool. She doesn’t care about water slides and Disney characters as much and said the kids clubs are too crazy sometimes on Disney.

Once we are able to do so, we plan to switch to the celebrity - assuming meals are just as good as DCL on the Wish, and we hope the Treasure....

The DCL premium is just starting to get to be too much! Especially for those of us who want to cruise twice a year at a minimum.

Once we are able to do so, we plan to switch to the celebrity - assuming meals are just as good as DCL on the Wish, and we hope the Treasure....

The DCL premium is just starting to get to be too much! Especially for those of us who want to cruise twice a year at a minimum.
I would think they would have to be as good if not better. We plan to do 2-3 specialty meals, so not that much different than doing a Palo dinner and brunch. We have always thought the Disney MDR food was OK. Nothing bad but nothing special. I can’t remember anything we have had over 4 cruises on DCL (Dream and Wish) where we thought “this is really good” (not counting Palo). We do have a Treasure cruise booked for March.

Food is similar. Not sure one is 'better' but there are pros and cons to both.

Just to be clear this is St John's the capital of Antigua and Barboda. Not Saint John, USVI. With the ports chosen, this is just an extended Eastern Caribbean cruise. Southern would be things like Barbados, Grenada, St Vincent, Martinique.

I would call Disney uninspired for their port choices. But every line does it. The cruises that go to Grand Turk, St Croix, St Barts are few and far between.

Even better. I love Antigua.

Obviously, it is the first time for this itinerary (Lookout Cay). I call this one of the unique itineraries. If you are a Disney cruiser, used to the standard Eastern and a Western Caribbean routes, this would be a break. And a longer cruise.

If these are ports that interest you - and you want to sail Disney - and you want to use Port Canaveral as home port (not having to fly to San Juan) - and the price doesn’t scare you, you would sail an itinerary that may not exist again.

(We sailed the 8-night, port intensive Southern Caribbean last year. My sister’s reaction was she didn’t need to pay Disney prices if she was in port most days).

You get four ports: Tortola, St. Kitts, St John’s, San Juan

I have done the activities marked with *
Others will have recommendations or comments on their excursions

Most common options:
Tortola
Island drive to a beach. It is the Virgin Islands; the water is beautiful and the views of neighboring islands is lively. Or
*Jost Van Dyke - ferry ride to outlying island. Time at a different beach. Lunch included or not, depending on tour. Home if the Painkiller cocktail.
The Baths on Virgin Gorda. Another ferry to outlying island. Interesting boulders and caves at the base of a hill, with beautiful water. Up/downhill walking required. Easy /better as DIY excursion.

St Kitts and Nevis
Nevis: boat ride from port to smaller, less developed island. Wealthier people vacation there. Beach. (birthplace of Alexander Hamilton)
*Island tours to include UNESCO World Heritage Site (WHS) Brimstone Hill Fortress, batik shop, gardens -
Or hike in the forest - or *visit a beach - or some combination of these. One side of the island is the Caribbean, the other, the Atlantic.

St John’s, Antigua and Barbuda
Island with 365 beaches is their selling pitch
*Island tour with English colonial ruins and UNESCO WHS Nelson’s Dockyard.
Beach visit and related water activities

San Juan
*Old San Juan - second oldest European-established capital in Western Hemisphere. Beautiful architecture. Two fortresses are part of a National Park. It is a functioning city, with shops and restaurants. Home of the Pina Colada. Try mofongo - a National dish of mashed plantains as the base then topped with a savory mixture of meat or vegetables.
Cross the harbor for a tour of the Bacardi Distillery
Take a tour away from the city to visit El Yunque Rain Forest
Of course, there are beaches, too

Food, alcohol, history and beach tours most places. Sometimes zip lines.
These are the excursions that interested me enough to remember them over the years of cruise planning.

My take: don’t rush out to book it at this price. We booked about a month before our May 2023 S Caribbean and got a way better price than this one is offering. Of course, it was a GTY cabin.

This was my dream cruise. We haven't sailed on the Magic, my favorite ship, since 2006 and I was so excited. I found our old cabin, 7620 and I think it was taken. So I picked 7618 and opened my eyes WIDE when I saw the price for two people. Holy cow. $12,000. I mean, is DCL kidding me? We took our family of five in 2006, two rooms for a total of $8K back then. What has happened. I'm so, so disappointed. I'd love to get back on the Magic for the adult pool, there's been nothing like it since then.

This was my dream cruise. We haven't sailed on the Magic, my favorite ship, since 2006 and I was so excited. I found our old cabin, 7620 and I think it was taken. So I picked 7618 and opened my eyes WIDE when I saw the price for two people. Holy cow. $12,000. I mean, is DCL kidding me? We took our family of five in 2006, two rooms for a total of $8K back then. What has happened. I'm so, so disappointed. I'd love to get back on the Magic for the adult pool, there's been nothing like it since then.

Disney exploded in popularity in the 2010s. In 2006, rooms at the All Stars frequently appeared on Priceline's bidding service for $25/night. In October 2007, we stayed at Pop Century for a week for just over $300, including taxes & fees. A four day park pass was on special for $199 (adults) including tax. And until the early 2010s, Disney marketed seasonal 7-night packages for 2 adults & 2 children at the All-Stars/Pop w/free dining for less than $2,000.

We sailed the 8-N Magic Southern Caribbean RT San Juan for under $3200 fare and taxes in a GTY oceanview. Ended up in a great location on Deck 2 Forward.

Booked it ~ a month out.

If this 10N cruise appeals to you, consider keep your calendar clear and watch for a price drop.

$12K is crazy / $600 pp per night?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter