Magic 5 Night - Is there a show on 1st Night? Muster Drill Time?

swimfin

DIS Veteran
Hello!
My husband and I are taking our first adult only cruise! We have a few questions about Day 1, embarkation day.
  1. Does anyone know about what time our muster drill will be?
  2. What time are staterooms open?
  3. Is there a show on the first night?
Here is our dilemma ....We have 2nd seating for dinner and are considering the Aroma Stone at 6pm. We love the shows and wouldn't want to miss it if there is a show on the 1st night. Also, our thought is to get all the "settling in" activities done first and then we can kick off our cruise with a relaxing massage! OR .... We were considering it on our sea day (Day 3) or the last day since we don't like to get off at Nassau anyways. We were originally thinking Day 1 would be the best choice so we start off with getting relaxed! We've toyed around with a couple's massage on Castaway too; however, I'm having a hard time deciding if it's best at 11:00am or at end of day? Thoughts or suggestions welcome! TYIA Cheers!

Last edited:
1 - The muster drill is right after you board. A CM will direct you to where your station is; A CM at the station will instruct you on how to complete the muster drill [using the DCL app, you take a picture of the station sign].

2 - You can usually get into your stateroom between 1:30pm - 4pm. This varies a lot. The more passengers, the longer it takes. After you have a relaxing meal and tour the ship, your luggage will probably be in your room. After a long drive getting to the port, we usually opt for the sitdown restaurant option rather than the buffet.

3 - I am not sure what the show is on the first night. You could google what they did on recent sailings.

Have a great cruise. :-)

Just got off the Magic 5-night on the 19th. The show on the first night was Tangled, second night was a showing of Turning Red, third night was a comedian-magician, fourth night was Disney Dreams, and the last night was a ventriloquist.

THANK YOU so much for the details!!! I will definitely wait and get the massage later! I do not want to miss the show!

I will say, I'm not sure if anything changes between the first couple of nights when they don't have a movie premiere to put on during the main showtime. Hope you have a great cruise!

I will say, I'm not sure if anything changes between the first couple of nights when they don't have a movie premiere to put on during the main showtime. Hope you have a great cruise!

THANK YOU!!! Celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary!!

Just got off the Magic 5-night on the 19th. The show on the first night was Tangled, second night was a showing of Turning Red, third night was a comedian-magician, fourth night was Disney Dreams, and the last night was a ventriloquist.

Another question if you don't mind ... did you have a formal or semi-formal night?

Muster Drill is not the time-intensive experience it used to be. You watch the video in your cabin, then head to your Assembly Station -which takes about a minute when you get there. It’s just a little interaction with the crew member. No standing around in the sun, waiting for stragglers. No toting your life jacket. Most cruise lines have gone to this e-Muster version.

Another question if you don't mind ... did you have a formal or semi-formal night?

We did not have either, although saw plenty of groups dressing up sporadically throughout the cruise. They had the picture backdrops up each night in the atrium, so plenty of opportunities to grab pictures if you decide to dress up.

Muster Drill is not the time-intensive experience it used to be. You watch the video in your cabin, then head to your Assembly Station -which takes about a minute when you get there.
When was this? We had our "briefing" inside Fathoms right after we boarded, which seemed particularly helpful for the cast members to get some of the non-tech-savvy passengers connected to the app. Then we went to our muster station and took a photo in the app. We didn't go to our cabin until all of this was already completed.

When was this? We had our "briefing" inside Fathoms right after we boarded, which seemed particularly helpful for the cast members to get some of the non-tech-savvy passengers connected to the app. Then we went to our muster station and took a photo in the app. We didn't go to our cabin until all of this was already completed.

We got off the Magic on the 19th and the muster drill was as you describe. Fathoms, drill station, then allowed to go to lunch or to room if ready. Everything shut down as usual for the "muster drill" time and announcements gave the procedures to follow if there would be an emergency. There was no obvious grouping at the muster stations and we completed our photo about 1 PM. I was not aware of anything on the TV though it probably was available throughout the cruise.

We did not have either, although saw plenty of groups dressing up sporadically throughout the cruise. They had the picture backdrops up each night in the atrium, so plenty of opportunities to grab pictures if you decide to dress up.

THANK YOU!!!! Cheers!

Mea Culpa. I’m basing this on September on the Dream. (I also took 3 cruises last fall. But I know I did not go to Fathoms. And I already knew how to use the app - but how would they know that?). Taking a photo toward something on the ceiling was a part of my minute check-in.

As cruising has been since the re-start, I will just with the flow for the cruise I am on.

But the good news is that standing in the sun on Deck 4 should be a thing of the past; the consensus is that the e-muster is a positive coming out of Covid.

I have a feeling the changes since my cruise are a result of people not watching the video and checking in in a timely manner :( Carnival had to delay departure on a recent cruise due to 400 people failing to check-in on time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter