• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

magic band 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you would have to remove a lanyard to scan at the turnstiles, room door or rides if you are wearing it around your neck.

I'm fairly tall so not sure if I wore a lanyard I can scan it without bending over

I bought an AP but have not activated it yet. I have 5 days left to customize my bands. I did it already but went in today to see if they had the new version. I still saw the old one on there. Do you think I will get the old or new version? I'm hoping for the new one. I'll try again later to see if the site has been updated, but curious from AP members who haven't customized their bands yet, which one it shows.

I bought an AP but have not activated it yet. I have 5 days left to customize my bands. I did it already but went in today to see if they had the new version. I still saw the old one on there. Do you think I will get the old or new version? I'm hoping for the new one. I'll try again later to see if the site has been updated, but curious from AP members who haven't customized their bands yet, which one it shows.
with what i have been ready that ap's new or renew now get the new band as of yesterday 12/14 the sites not updated yet resort guess won't get them till january

If you have to scan at turnstiles, rides, room access etc i can't see a lanyard working as you would constantly need to keep putting it on/taking it off. :(

What did you do pre-mb?

Didn't wdw have the subway style turnstiles where you put the card in then it came out? Had to take card out of lanyard and it wasn't any sort of big deal.

I cannot stand MBs and take them off (if I'm wearing it) to use on doors and turnstiles and fp readers anyway. Hardly a big deal. Less of a big deal to take a lanyard off for a second. Or maybe get one with a retracting cord so you can pull it out?

They are thinner (half the thickness and the center isn't hard molded so it conforms to your wrist better). You can't tell from the below picture but you can lay them down almost flat.

picture is all 3 generations of MB. First clunky one (limited edition haunted mansion band), middle is a 2016 resort band with the higher powered radio and thinner, bottom is the destination d mb2.0

View attachment 210192

Is that with the puck installed?

Do you have a trip coming up or are you one of the rare ones who hasn't activated/used the app yet but you can customize the ap band?

If this one is for an upcoming onsite stay just do it,
knowing that the ap band will
come up for customization later.

Is that with the puck installed?

Yes that is the fully functional band in the picture. The icon is not that large and I'm rather impressed with the size.. When you see it in the small keychain it's smaller than many other keychains (not all).

If you have a trip coming up, they are the bands coming with the resort, not AP, so you'd get the old ones. Once you activate the AP, you can order the new style.

That said, I think you can indicate that you're not ready to ship, and then set them ready to ship when it's announced that resort bands are getting new ones. Of course, then you're cutting it closer to your trip to receive them in time.

I think they look fine, a few more color options would be nice though. My parents just had their AP ones shipped the 13th so it will be interesting to see which ones they get, I'm guessing old & just miss the new ones, maybe.

I think they look fine, a few more color options would be nice though. My parents just had their AP ones shipped the 13th so it will be interesting to see which ones they get, I'm guessing old & just miss the new ones, maybe.

They will be released in all the colors currently available.
As of right now, the only ones in circulation are the green D23 design (part of the announcement), a yellow WDW 45th (released yesterday in MK), and a blue Rogue One (releasing tomorrow 12/16).

I expect we will see more deigns roll out once they plain bands begin being shipped

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/...be-shipped-the-new-magicband-2-started-today/

15065117_1205400442903395_919632200_o-1.jpg

That's a good question and I don't remember what I did back then. We've been so many times since MB came along that I forgot.
Pre mb I never knew Disney world without them lol first time we went was when they were just testing them and we were staying off site so we had card tickets but the touch points they have now where in place back in 2013

Do you have to buy the accessories on-site or can you order them when you customize them online?

I'm pretty excited trying these out!

i just want to update i went online using the shop Disney parks app and the 45th anniversary and the also have a star wars magic band 2.0 available for purchase i ordered one for me and my wife we will see

Do you have to buy the accessories on-site or can you order them when you customize them online?

I'm pretty excited trying these out!

I would love to find these for my dd's for Christmas in advance of our New Years Trip - where on the app did you find them ? I am not finding anything!!
tia

I would love to find these for my dd's for Christmas in advance of our New Years Trip - where on the app did you find them ? I am not finding anything!!
tia
if you go to the disneystore.com and search for magic bands and go to the bottom of the page they are there in the app its the same but they appeared towards the top of the page in the app just search for magic bands do not search for magic band 2.0 because nothing will show up

I don't think you would have to remove a lanyard to scan at the turnstiles, room door or rides if you are wearing it around your neck.

I have lost 2 lanyards over the years. One on Space Mountain and another on Rockin' Roller Coaster. You do get them back, but not until the following day. I see a lot of lost "pucks" in Disney's future.

The picture makes the bands themselves look huge and bulky. I hope that's not the case. They sure are ugly and not looking forward to wearing one on my wrist.

tia

The shop Disney Parks phone app.

if you go to the disneystore.com and search for magic bands and go to the bottom of the page they are there in the app its the same but they appeared towards the top of the page in the app just search for magic bands do not search for magic band 2.0 because nothing will show up

Found them thanks so much !! I thought they would show the "mickey head" part of the band instead of the ends and it would be more apparent that they were MB 2.0 and I just scrolled right by them the first few times. We were actually at the MK on the 45th so I think my kids will be really happy with this gift.

Found them thanks so much !! I thought they would show the "mickey head" part of the band instead of the ends and it would be more apparent that they were MB 2.0 and I just scrolled right by them the first few times. We were actually at the MK on the 45th so I think my kids will be really happy with this gift.
glad i could help and yes they looked kinda like the old one from the side if i would of not seen the early pics of the 45th prob would of not seen it we were also there on the 45th we had so much fun going back again in january

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter