Magic band outside states

I had back and forth on this for our trip in April... the pre-purchase discount is only opne to US

I tried the VPN link (and saw the bands) - but when i went to pay for them, it declined and wouldnt connect - even though it was a dispatch to the hotel

I even spoke with disney on this (45 min hold and back and forth as they didnt know answer initially) until they confirmed its currently only US residents and their is effectively a geo-block on the site

You can if you are DVC get a discount on purchases when you to WDW - and to be fair, linking to the MDE app is very straightforward
Haven't tried myself yet but there have been multiple reports of people managing fine so I wonder if it was something else causing the issue possibly? I don't know for sure as said so it could be that it doesn't work but I did see someone managed to yesterday from the UK. If you go by what Disney say loads of things are only US residents - DAS in advance, Savii workshop bookings, Dessert Parties etc. All of these work for UK people with a VPN you just can't book directly so I think its worth trying to do as there is a chance it might work. I am waiting on Magicband+ so can't test the theory at the moment

The VPN method definitely works, I've just done it over the weekend. I'd maybe try again with a different VPN service or check it's connected properly :wizard:

There are serious stocking issues with them so they come in and out of stock often online. The selection is indeed poor

Is there somewhere after landing to buy them at MCO or am I going to have traipse into Disney Springs? (We're offsite but nearby DS)

There's a disney shop in MCO but it hasn't got any from last reports. If you really need one before you get to the parks then DS or they have them at the outlet mall stores too I believe (Premium Outlet Character Warehouse)

hello again everyone!
today is magic band+ day! So, quick information: if I’ll order them with a VPN, can I do it anytime, or do I have to do it like 10 days before my arrival to have them shipped to the resort?
and, which vpn do you suggest to use?
thank you very much :D

What vpn did you use? Hope you got the bands you wanted!
Yep, they had almost all the new ones! I bought the ohana one.

i used vpn-super unlimited proxy, I just looked on the apple store. It Was free. I used it and then deleted the app

How did you get them sent to resort , was that an option when selecting or are going in under 10 days?
were you asked for an American address as well?

glad you managed to them done , the Ohara one sounds cool!

I have already my shipping informations on my account, so it was automatically set in sending them to my resort.
My trip is next april! As of the informations I saw around I was really surprised and happy that I could already do the order!

DO NOT WAIT TIL 10 days! You can not order under 10 days thats the cut off time. The shipping address will automatically default to hotel pick up once you get into the site using the VPN to mask web location to the US as it then registers that you are international. I ordered the plain black one for September as wasn't too fused on the patterns. $27 I think it worked out to

Anyone know if can get the discount when arrive in resort or does it apply to pre-order only?

I was on the fence about buying one, as I currently have 21 Magic bands on my account, most of which are supposedly still active, and all were free on previous visits. Having read some reviews about them draining the phone battery, recharge problems, being underwhelmed etc I will probably just stick with what I have.

I will admit some of the designs are amazing and my plain pink band seems dull in comparison. I leave in 13 days so if anyone has any personal experience before then I'd love to hear your views on it, and maybe change my mind. I won't be pre-ordering though, it's be a purchase on arrival.

I was on the fence about buying one, as I currently have 21 Magic bands on my account, most of which are supposedly still active, and all were free on previous visits. Having read some reviews about them draining the phone battery, recharge problems, being underwhelmed etc I will probably just stick with what I have.

I will admit some of the designs are amazing and my plain pink band seems dull in comparison. I leave in 13 days so if anyone has any personal experience before then I'd love to hear your views on it, and maybe change my mind. I won't be pre-ordering though, it's be a purchase on arrival.
My idea is:
Did you enjoy the parks with the regular band and you think you don’t need to add anything ti your ecperience? Then don’t buy it.
do you think that having the two scavenger hunts (fab five and batuu) will let you live the parks with new interest? Then buy it.
at the end of the day probably the band are Just for these new “games” (for the moment)

My idea is:
Did you enjoy the parks with the regular band and you think you don’t need to add anything ti your ecperience? Then don’t buy it.
do you think that having the two scavenger hunts (fab five and batuu) will let you live the parks with new interest? Then buy it.
at the end of the day probably the band are Just for these new “games” (for the moment)
Out of the 10 nights, we only have one evening in the parks planned. We won't do the scavenger hunts either, so you've just convinced me to spend my money on something else :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter