Magic Band Plus--Is it worth it? (Especially if you have actual in the parks experience!)

Only worth it if you think the design is worth it. The statues and bounty game are minimal and do not always work.

It works pretty well during the fireworks, but do you want to look at your wrist or do you want to look at the fireworks and projections? "Glow with the Show" was a similar idea, but that COULD work well if everybody was wearing them. Seeing all of the colors through the crowd was cool, and you could still actually watch the show. But of course even that only worked at media events when they gave the ears away for free. The rest of the time there was hardly anybody wearing them so it was pointless.

With the band, the only way it would really enhance the experience would be if everyone had them and everyone held them up during the show. But that is not going to happen.

So it gets back to whether you just like the design and want to wear it for that, and maybe a little interactivity when you have nothing else to do.

I wouldn't pay extra for them - after having them our last trip, they were a "neat little gimmick" at times, but mostly worthless. If the design is what you want - are you willing to pay a little extra for that design?

After using them for a week I can say my 10 year old and 7 year old really liked them. It’s a bit of a gimmick, but if you need new bands anyway it’s not much more money. I threw them on the charger every night and never had battery issues.

Also I found out the pre arrival price of the EPCOT 40th MB+ is only $35. It’s $55 on shop Disney and in creations shop. Even with the AP discount the pre arrival price is the cheapest way to buy that specific band.

Only you can decide that. I've watched a number of Utubers use it and it probably depends if you like to play the little games in Batu. Personally, I don't think so and had no intention of getting one since I currently own at least 20 of a combination of the original and new puck type. However, I have a resort stay in August and you can get $10 off if you buy one in advance. They had a tinkerbell one. It's the only Tinkerbell MB I've seen so I caved. I have no intention of using the "features" I'm not even sure I'll charge it since it doesn't need to be charged to be used as just a MB to get into the parks.
You will have to charge it to pair it to your account/device.
It’s Not a really big deal… I just hooked it up to my extra battery pack for about an hour. It was charged plenty to get thru the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter