Magic Band Plus---summer 2022?

TOBS2010

A dream is a wish your heart makes...
Soooo last I heard Disney announced Magic Band Plus was going to be made available summer 2022.

Any thoughts of how Disney will make these available? I wonder if they will announce them being "now available" where they just show up (like they did accidentally this spring) or if they will announce a date several weeks out for release.

We have a trip coming up later this summer and I am beginning to consider us going with no magic bands at all because I have waited this long in hopes the new ones would drop. Seems like one way to save some money on our trip right now, especially when the current magic band selection is pretty much abysmal.

We are going for the last 10 days of August. I think that is considered the end of summer IMO so I have not bought any magic bands either. If they are not out by the last week in July or the first week in August, then I might consider buying the regular ones on ebay. I have also heard about Hey Mickey coming to hotel rooms. I guess it is a Disney-themed Alexa type of thing.

I wonder if they will announce them being "now available" where they just show up (like they did accidentally this spring)

My guess is the above ... they'll be stocked overnight all over WDW, and some day this summer the interwebs will be swamped with 'now available' posts.

Who knows ....but.... I think it will be fall at this point.
It seems the 4th of July would have been a deadline for summer.
Clearly there is a major issue. Only time will tell.

Soooo last I heard Disney announced Magic Band Plus was going to be made available summer 2022.

Any thoughts of how Disney will make these available? I wonder if they will announce them being "now available" where they just show up (like they did accidentally this spring) or if they will announce a date several weeks out for release.

We have a trip coming up later this summer and I am beginning to consider us going with no magic bands at all because I have waited this long in hopes the new ones would drop. Seems like one way to save some money on our trip right now, especially when the current magic band selection is pretty much abysmal.
Same boat here. Watching and waiting. Lots of random things showing up, so anything can happen.

They have changed the header photo of the magicband page on MDE last week to include someone who is wearing one. We know there is stoc of plain bands in WDW & the nice design blue band in DL. So it seems at least some stock is ready to go. I have mentioned that there has been a sudden glut of new design regular MB's, so i assume they want to shift a few more of the old kind before everyone wants the hot new product.

The best way to manage limited stock is to only sell MagicBand+ to current resort guests and guests checking in soon. Then expand that to resort guests up to 6 months out. Then AP & DVC, etc. THEN open it up to everyone.

I have a feeling Disney won't do that. They'll release them everywhere at once. People will buy dozens of them to sell on E-Bay. And it will be hard for people who don't get the news until a week later to get them.

It really can be anytime. I saw a youtuber video from last month where the store inadvertently put out MB+ for sale so they have them and there are also some areas that I've seen around the parks that are behind plants and cover since they're interactive spots for MB+ and they look to be done. I would just use your old bands, that's what we've been doing.

I spoke with someone in galaxy’s edge that was using one. I thought it had been released. He said he was testing it and it would be out “later this summer”. I know that could literally mean any time, but if I was betting on it, I would put my money on early to mid august. I’m going to guess August 9 just for funzies

Right? like my trip is at the very end of summer. I'm hoping we can buy them in the parks if that is the case?

Our trip is end of September and the magic band selection for resort guests on the WDW site is terrible. Just checked and there were only 5 styles! I know everyone says there has been supply issues but if this is true why are there supplies in the stores in WDW? Is it just a shortage of bands they can personalize? I don't even mind paying at this point...I just want a Magic Band + or a band that is plain old blue!

Oh and my bet is they will be out Oct. 1 lol (the day we leave for home)

They will be released in time for the BIG 52nd Anniversary Celebration, highlights also include the Tron ride.

Magic bands 2 out now and available online is that the new magicplus band? I will go on my first trip in october so I am not familar with them.

Magic bands 2 out now and available online is that the new magicplus band? I will go on my first trip in october so I am not familar with them.

No, the Magic Band 2 is the one with the removeable puck in the center (the original bands did not have that and were straight all the way around), but not the Magic Band Plus, which has a rechargeable battery and LED features. That is not available as of yet - somethign much lamented by the fans who want one.

Who knows ....but.... I think it will be fall at this point.
It seems the 4th of July would have been a deadline for summer.
Clearly there is a major issue. Only time will tell.

"Summer" can be anywhere up to almost the end of September. The theme parks are very literal with their seasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter