Magic Band question - making them kid sized

ang79

Earning My Ears
After reading on here I found out you can make the magic bands kid sized by taking off the gray layer. If I do that, are the names on the underside of the colored layer too? My girls were very excited to get their magic bands and have their names on them. I don't want to take the gray part off to make them smaller, then them be sad their names are no longer on them.

The profile is cut to avoid pulling the plastic off right behind the RFID chip/battery...

The names are under the solid part that does not pull off. I always have to adjust mine down, and it has no effect on my name on the back.

Thanks, after looking more closely I see that now. The differences between the 2 sizes is a bit odd. With the gray part on, I have to wrap some of the extra around the inside of my band to make it fit my wrist, but its just a tad to short if I were to convert it to the kid size. Just tried it on my 6 yr. old and even though most of the gray wraps around her wrist too, she wants to keep it that way so that it looks like everyone elses.

Anyone ever have problems with theirs (or their kids') popping off? I wear a fitbit flex and was going to by a bit band for it, thought I might get a 3 pack so we can put them on the kids magic bands as well.

I've never had one pop off. I removed the extra gray part on several of mine because I have a smaller wrist. If I wear those I use the last two holes to close mine & they've never poppod open. They sell some Slider frames of several different characters that will make the bands fit slightly tighter once on the bands. They are sort of a frame that goes around the thicker part of the band framing the Mickey head. I don't use it on the bands I"ve made smaller because they end up feeling too snug for me when it's very hot as my body swells up some.

If you want to make any of them smaller but want to keep the grey outer band on, then you can always cut some of the grey off instead of peeling it entirely off.

And no, we've never had any issues with anyone's band ever coming off. They snap on pretty snug.

So when you say it's under the colored part does that mean the underside of the band? I'm planning on covering the outer layer with temporary tattoos but I don't want to cover up the names.

So when you say it's under the colored part does that mean the underside of the band? I'm planning on covering the outer layer with temporary tattoos but I don't want to cover up the names.

The names are underneath the band. Underneath the Mickey head on the outside. So you won't cover any of the names with the tattoos. You also don't see any of the names unless you take the band off and turn it over to look at them.

The names are only there so if people in your group have the same colors, they don't get mixed up.

Thank you! That makes since because you wouldn't want everyone in the park knowing your child's name for safety sake.

Names (or nicknames or words or random grouping of letters) are under and in teensy tiny print

You can trim the grey part and then file the rough edges with a nail file.

Mine was too big with the grey part but would be too small if I removed it. So I cut it shorter with scissors. Much more comfortable that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter