Magic Band Question

Ashleybs

Mouseketeer
I keep checking the site to order our Magic Bands. How many magic bands are there typically? Every day I see 4-6 solid color free ones and the same 4-5 upgraded ones available. Where are all of the upgraded options that I keep seeing people posting about?

I would say there are usually around 10 available, but I feel like it changes regularly. I also feel the stock rotates every few weeks with some exceptions when a band sells out. I watched for months for the bands I wanted for our summer trip, my DH really wanted a particular band and I kept not seeing it, and then one day it was just there. I looked a few days later for our Christmas trip and that band was no longer there, so you just never know.

I have been checking daily since early January as I wanted to order premiums for my 2 DGDs. Most days I see 13-15 Including the plain ones; rarely I will see 18. About 3 weeks ago I was able to order 2 for my grand daughters. the adults got the plain ones. have not seen those 2 premium ones since the day I ordered.

I have been checking for a few weeks and it’s been the same 4-5. The Star Wars one is ok, but it’s $20. I don’t like the others at all. When I first started checking there was a cute castle one, but nothing for the rest of my family. I’m so disappointed.

This is all that I have seen for several weeks 😵

I was hoping for a BB8 for my youngest son and something else Star Wars besides the one that is there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200216-181054_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200216-181054_Samsung Internet.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20200216-181100_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200216-181100_Samsung Internet.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20200216-181105_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200216-181105_Samsung Internet.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20200216-181111_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200216-181111_Samsung Internet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 44

I was hoping for a BB8 for my youngest son and something else Star Wars besides the one that is there.
same ones I have been seeing. we have a split stay and it seems you can't decline the 2nd set of bands so I have been checking, I would love to be able to order the mint green one I see on Shop Disney, but probably won't happen.

same ones I have been seeing. we have a split stay and it seems you can't decline the 2nd set of bands so I have been checking, I would love to be able to order the mint green one I see on Shop Disney, but probably won't happen.
The mint green is the one I want for myself too! I don't get why they don't have ALL of those options on there for us to choose from.

The mint green is the one I want for myself too! I don't get why they don't have ALL of those options on there for us to choose from.
there are a bunch of new colors that have been available since November (I think) but only available on Shop Disney (maybe on site too). Come on Disney, let us order them in MDE!

I've noticed they restock the character bands around 5 in the morning...then they start selling out and are removed. They seem to add different ones all the time.

Just be aware that you cannot order them piecemeal - it is all bands ordered at one time. So best to prioritize whose first choice is most important and then find ones that others will like when that one deemed the special one becomes available as the odds of everyone’s first choice being available at once (unless everyone wants the same one) are slim to none.

Yeah, my advice is that when you see something you like just get it. I kept waiting for something better for my wife and missed out on the Minnie polka dot one for my daughter. And now It’s gone and there’s nothing comparable. The selection is pretty bad and rarely gets updated.

Attachments

• 979BA747-DC22-41C9-8F6F-A3E24EACDC1A.jpeg
    979BA747-DC22-41C9-8F6F-A3E24EACDC1A.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 1
Just be aware that you cannot order them piecemeal - it is all bands ordered at one time. So best to prioritize whose first choice is most important and then find ones that others will like when that one deemed the special one becomes available as the odds of everyone’s first choice being available at once (unless everyone wants the same one) are slim to none.

I'll second this...I kept waiting for one for all three of us and missed out on the one my DS really wanted and it is his trip that was already delayed a year.

grab them when you can. I ordered 2 premium ones for my 2 DGDs a month ago and have not seen them available again. 5 of us, 2 rooms, I was afraid the orders would not go through but they did. The 3 adults went with plain to make sure the kids could get what they wanted.

I checked several times a day for a couple months. Eventually I had my fiance give me a list of his acceptable bands in preference order. Then when the one I wanted came back (the castle one that is in a post above, actually) I was able to get his second choice. Though I'm fairly certain that his second choice (also my second choice) has now beat out his first choice since he's seen it in person. Everyone needs to make a list and understand that you might have to stick with your third choice.

The day I got 2 MBs for our December trip, I just kept going back to MDE and obsessively looking. I'd basically given up, then miraculously both desired bands showed up. I ordered them immediately and about 10 minutes later one of the bands had already disappeared from the site.

This is harder than trying to get a BG for RotR.

If you want order a coordinating color so they can mix and match the bands. If they are going to make you might as well have fun.
We added decals from etsy .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter