Magic Band question

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
My son thought he couldn't go on our upcoming family trip to WDW due to work, but now he thinks he can go. We had tickets and park reservations for him, but when I ordered Magic Bands, I didn't get him one. Now he is probably going and has no Magic Band and our bands have already been shipped. Can we purchase a magic band for him once we arrive? We are staying at a resort on property.

And if he has any old bands from previous trips, he can use them too. ETA they’ll work indefinitely for everything except long distance photos such as Seven Dwarfs, where there isn’t a place to tap your band to link your photo.

You should also be able to get a free MB for him (it will be grey) at the front desk when you arrive.

He can use an old MB of his if he has one. You can order them online.
They have them for sale just about everywhere, it seems.
If he has a smartphone, he can use MDE for everything that a MB can do.

My son thought he couldn't go on our upcoming family trip to WDW due to work, but now he thinks he can go. We had tickets and park reservations for him, but when I ordered Magic Bands, I didn't get him one. Now he is probably going and has no Magic Band and our bands have already been shipped. Can we purchase a magic band for him once we arrive? We are staying at a resort on property.
Did you cancel the park reservations?

If so, the magic bands are the least of your worry because he doesnt really need it but he can't go without the park reservations.

Did you cancel the park reservations?

If so, the magic bands are the least of your worry because he doesnt really need it but he can't go without the park reservations.
No, I didn't cancel his park reservations. I had hoped he might be able to come for at least part of our trip.

Yes, they still have them for sale at resort gift shops and in the park.

He can use an old MB of his if he has one. You can order them online.
They have them for sale just about everywhere, it seems.
If he has a smartphone, he can use MDE for everything that a MB can do.

How do we use MDE on our phone? We just bought tickets for next week , are in FL otherwise on vacation and didn’t bring our MB’s with us go figure!! Thanks!

How do we use MDE on our phone? We just bought tickets for next week , are in FL otherwise on vacation and didn’t bring our MB’s with us go figure!! Thanks!
If you have a smart phone, android or iPhone, there is the MDE app. Your login will be the same as the website.
You are supposed to be able to manage everyones tickets and passes through this app. You need to activate the Magic Mobile tab in the MDE app. I haven't tried this yet, but is supposed to work just like the Magic Band did.
Good luck!

Hi! It's too late to order a MagicBand for our bonus child, and get it delivered before our trip (leave Sunday). We can get one for her at the resort, right? What about Disney Springs? We usually head there on our first night to get our mil-discount memory maker.

Thanks!!

Yes. MagicBands are available at least some resort retail stores. I'm not certain that all resort retail has bands for purchase.

Yes. Disney Springs has MagicBands available for purchase. World of Disney has everything and more.

Pin Traders at Disney Springs has the largest selection. There is also a place to personalize them at the Co-Op.
The resort gift shops will be hit or miss- but may have a few.

Major Disney stores (like World of Disney for example) in Disney Springs will have them, so will Park stores like Emporium etc. Also, usually at least one store at Deluxe Resort stores will have them (or they used to -- but not a huge selection typically).

Pin Traders at Disney Springs has the largest selection. There is also a place to personalize them at the Co-Op.
The resort gift shops will be hit or miss- but may have a few.

Perfect. Ours are personalized so we can get hers done as well. Want her to feel a full part of the family!

You also do not need a MB to enjoy Disney. Other options which can be used for park admittance:

Your MDE App
You can still get the old fashioned plastic cards for free
On iPhone and Android, you can add your tickets to your passbook (wallet) and you don't even need the MDE APP!
You smart watch can be loaded with your ticket
And as others have stated, plenty of places to buy MB's on property with all kinds of customizations and designs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter