Magic band question

farcus17

Mouseketeer
So I have a magic band question. I have a relative that will be traveling with us on our next trip. She has a magic band from a trip she took with her family but would like to use it on this trip. We try to add it to my account and it says this magic band has already been claimed. Any ideas on what is up with that or what I need to do. Thanks for any help on this

You don't manage their MB in your MDE account so you can't link it to yours. That relative needs to login to their own MDE and manage their MB from their own friends/family list. From their own MDE they can make sure it's active, etc. You can add them to your Friends and Family list but I'm not so sure that that MB will be able to be added to your MDE, I've not done that before but it's worth a shot.

Have her check her bands in her own MDE account. Have her make sure this Disney resort reservation is also shown in her MDE.
If this fails Have her bring her magic band to the front desk at check in and they will make sure it’s going to work.

Is the family member in your friends & family list? You don’t manage a Magic Band, except to report it lost, deactivate or reactivate it. That band is forever linked to her. It will work with any tickets or plans she has, as long as she hasn’t reported it lost or deactivated it. So when you manage her by adding her to your hotel room, for example, her MB will work to open the door. She doesn’t need to do anything for her MB to work for her next trip.

Once its assigned to one persona's account that is who it is assigned to.
As long as she is listed in your plans and she is part of your friends and family then her Magic Band should work for her ticket and resort room etc.

Does this relative have her own MDE account, from the previous trip? If so, did you link to her for the upcoming trip? Or did you create a new profile for her within your MDE account? To use the old band she needs to be linked from her other MDE account. You can't transfer it to a new profile in your MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter