Magic Band Selections

jliucci

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if/when more Magic Bands will get released? I have been checking the site every so often but I haven't seen any new ones, and it is slim pickings lol. Our trip isn't until November so we have a little while, i was just hoping for some cuter options before then.

For what I've seen they change once a month. I missed out on the 50th Anniversary ones before the current ones because of doubt...hunting those down for my September trip.

Supply chain disruptions. Even Disney doesn't know.

(Don't listen to the people who will reply here saying that MBs are being deliberately held back so they can sell more MagicBand+ when they come out. It's not true. MagicBand+ is ALSO being delayed due to supply chain disruptions. It's the same issue affecting both products, not one product affecting the other.)

I just saw that our 2019 Magic Bands are still "active" I wouldnt mind re-using them, but will we have any issues? Since its older will it still have all the same features and work with the memory maker?

I just saw that our 2019 Magic Bands are still "active" I wouldnt mind re-using them, but will we have any issues? Since its older will it still have all the same features and work with the memory maker?
If your battery is dead (likely, but you're right on the line), long-range photo linking might not work. Anything you have to tap/touch should continue to work presumably forever.

That said, even the long-range features are supposed to work with your phone now, so if you have your phone on and everything enabled, you should be fine with that, too.

If getting in-ride videos and photos is a concern, just take your old MBs (checking in MDE to make sure they're all active) and buy one new one for someone to wear.

As long as you've at least one "fresh" MB, your family can easily get the in-ride stuff.

I'm in the same boat. I'm checking almost daily and I've only seen one new one pop up but then dissappear a day later. We're also going in November.

Same! We’re going in November and I check daily. The current options are meh and they have not added any new ones in what seems like a very long time .

Does anyone know if/when more Magic Bands will get released? I have been checking the site every so often but I haven't seen any new ones, and it is slim pickings lol. Our trip isn't until November so we have a little while, i was just hoping for some cuter options before then.

We just got back from a 4 night stay at the Contemporary and was amazed to see wide selection of magic bands in the small sundry shop. priced $19-40 from single color, then they had several new ones. They are not what is offered on the website when booking. They had figment, Donald, Mickey, and a few based on rides but I can't remember which. The Figment and Donald were $39.99. I would just get them when you arrive at the hotel and then bring them to the front desk for activation.

We just got back from a 4 night stay at the Contemporary and was amazed to see wide selection of magic bands in the small sundry shop. priced $19-40 from single color, then they had several new ones. They are not what is offered on the website when booking. They had figment, Donald, Mickey, and a few based on rides but I can't remember which. The Figment and Donald were $39.99. I would just get them when you arrive at the hotel and then bring them to the front desk for activation.
Same. We're just back, and there were tons on-site. The prices are obviously higher than when ordering in advance, but I was surprised to see so many in all the shops around the parks.

If your trip isn't until November, *surely* MagicBand+ will be out by then?

Has anyone been to the parks recently? How is the selection of magic bands? Online there are really no selections we like but dont want to get there and find even less? Friends that went in January said there were not many around?? Thanks!

Same. We're just back, and there were tons on-site. The prices are obviously higher than when ordering in advance, but I was surprised to see so many in all the shops around the parks.

Thank you both for your replies! I've been dying to know what Magic Band 2.0 designs out there for our trip in mid August, but that info is hard to find. There's very little available for pre-arrival, even less today than over the weekend. I can't wait too long to order as we actually leave over a week earlier than our Disney stay starts, and nobody is really thrilled with what is available to order.
We're gambling with our 2019 bands and then buying what we find there, either at Hollywood Studios our first day or Disney Springs our second day. My husband is hoping Magic Band + is out by then, so we're keeping our fingers crossed. Worst case scenario, we use the old ones and turn on Bluetooth on my phone for long-distance things. If we score new ones, we hope to be able to use them when we visit Disneyland next year.

I am hoping to take photos of what Magic bands we see and post them for other's information.

Don't have to take them anywhere for activation.
You do it all yourself, right on MDE.
Just follow prompts to add link new band

surely? I'd never say surely
Possible? anything is possible.
It will possibly come out tomorrow

we bought ours on eBay

We keep looking too. 4 of us have 2 magic bands each from previous trips that we will reuse. But this will be the first trip for DS3. We'd like to avoid having to stop at guest services on our first day to get him a plastic card. (we're staying offsite).

If your battery is dead (likely, but you're right on the line), long-range photo linking might not work. Anything you have to tap/touch should continue to work presumably forever.

That said, even the long-range features are supposed to work with your phone now, so if you have your phone on and everything enabled, you should be fine with that, too.
We have very old magic bands from 2014. They are old style....flat, thin and grey (about the width of a watch band). From what has been said, they will work for tapping in, Lighting lane and ADR bookings, right? They show as active on MDE. I've noticed too that the ones online are very few (and even plain ones they used to have are now gone)

We don't have the photo package but do I need to do anything on my phone to "turn on the long range" Feature? Might be fun to look at any photos when we return in case want to purchase something (if that's an option after the fact).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter