Magic Band Selections

We have very old magic bands from 2014. They are old style....flat, thin and grey (about the width of a watch band). From what has been said, they will work for tapping in, Lighting lane and ADR bookings, right? They show as active on MDE. I've noticed too that the ones online are very few (and even plain ones they used to have are now gone)

We don't have the photo package but do I need to do anything on my phone to "turn on the long range" Feature? Might be fun to look at any photos when we return in case want to purchase something (if that's an option after the fact).

The battery for long range will definitely be dead now. They only last a couple of years give or take unfortunately. There is no way to get that working now that I have ever heard of.

The battery for long range will definitely be dead now. They only last a couple of years give or take unfortunately. There is no way to get that working now that I have ever heard of.
Yeah thanks. I was referring to the comment where the long rang battery features are supposed to work on your phone.

Thank you, I’m not sure what long range is but it sounds like we can at least scan to get in and out of the parks.
Long range features include
Ride photos, both those older ride photos with tap points, so you don't need to tap anything and those newer ride photos without tap points. For those, long range is the only way to get the photos
In addition, Disney has added a few personalized touches here and there throughout various rides and queues. These features seem to be turned off and on and whim of what I have no idea. Some places where I've seen this in use are
Concert photos in queue at RnR
Good bye signs at Small World
Travel posters in queue at EE
There is one more that I'm forgetting I'm just sure of it but right now, I have no idea what it is

Anyway, it's really random/hit and miss even when it's turned on. Last week Small World was off when we went through, RnR was on. We did not ride EE so can't say. So many people in the queue you never know if it's going to show your name or not even when it is on. Some find it fun, some find it creepy. Usually kids find it fun, adults creepy, LOL

So really, none of the long range things are really important unless you are a big fan of ride photos. For sure you wouldn't want a band just for the personalized stuff simply because you'd never be sure they'd be working even if you had a brand new band.

Anyway, it's really random/hit and miss even when it's turned on. Last week Small World was off when we went through, RnR was on. We did not ride EE so can't say. So many people in the queue you never know if it's going to show your name or not even when it is on. Some find it fun, some find it creepy. Usually kids find it fun, adults creepy, LOL

I just have to mention that last time we rode small world in a full boat every single sign at the end of Small World had my name on it. My daughter was offended since she was sitting beside me with her band on. I found it hilarious and told her it was because I paid for the trip and Disney knows it! No idea why that happened. My name is not common anymore so I highly doubt there was another on the boat or at most one other lol.

I was hoping we'd get MagicBand+ by now....wasn't one of the main selling points being able to interact with the 50th statues?

Don't have to take them anywhere for activation.
You do it all yourself, right on MDE.
Just follow prompts to add link new band
I recommend taking the magic bands to the front desk for activation if you are using them as your room key. There were many guests at the front desk throughout our stay that were not able to get into their rooms at check in when they registered the bands on their apps.

I recommend taking the magic bands to the front desk for activation if you are using them as your room key. There were many guests at the front desk throughout our stay that were not able to get into their rooms at check in when they registered the bands on their apps.

I have never had to do that. Only time I ever had to go to the desk with one was when I couldn’t get into the club lounge back in the day before Coronado springs built the tower.

Ok. I don't. Never had a problem with it when I bought them. They've worked 100% of the time. The only ones that don't work are the ones that I ordered from other resort stays. Those on occasion do have to be registered to a new resort stay. Not often but sometimes. But the ones I've bought, every single one work every single time.

So why not try it yourself. If it doesn't work then trek yourself to the desk, stand in what could be a very long line and deal with it. If it does work, you save yourself the headache of standing in a line. But it never hurts to give it a go yourself in the app. But it can be a PITA to go to a front desk when it's no where near your room and there are few CM working and a huge line from a bus that just arrived.

People have mentioned on a few threads that there are some MagicBands available onsite at various locations. What's the cheapest MB that anyone has seen? I'm assuming it is a solid color. Our trip is next month, and I had hoped that with MagicBand+ arriving soon, there would be reasonably priced ($20 or so) regular ones available.

Uuugh! MDE only has 4 choices now. So strange. They were adding on a monthly basis and now it seems like they are just running it out.

There are 6 new magic bands today including 4 basic colours (10$) and 2 sparkly (15$)
I ordered plain white black and pink for my group!
Finally 😊

Oh thank you! I just grabbed the blush and the plaid Mickey for our trip. I've been wanting the blush one since last trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter