• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Band Shipping Experiences

Our trip is on March 14th and we received our bands yesterday. Disney will not send Magic Bands early even if the customizing is done. They will remain available for customizing until the "days left to customize" message goes away. Also, on our last trip to WDW in October, it got very close to our time to leave and we had not received our bands. The message said that they were being processed, but never changed. My recommendation is that if you have customized your magic bands and you are within two weeks of leaving with no confirmation of shipment, that you go ahead and call WDW and inquire about their status. Our bands were held up due to a name change and I was told that sometimes there is simply a data issue that will result in a hold on the shipment. They got the bands shipped and I received them the morning that we left for our trip.

We have 21 days left and it still says processing. Hopefully I'll get confirmation next week.

We arrive March 14 and mine haven't even been shipped yet. Last day to customize was 2/11.

We got the email on 2/13 saying that our bands shipped out via USPS Parcel Post and they arrived this evening 2/17. Arrival day is 3/14.

Our trip is on March 14th and we received our bands yesterday. Disney will not send Magic Bands early even if the customizing is done. They will remain available for customizing until the "days left to customize" message goes away. Also, on our last trip to WDW in October, it got very close to our time to leave and we had not received our bands. The message said that they were being processed, but never changed. My recommendation is that if you have customized your magic bands and you are within two weeks of leaving with no confirmation of shipment, that you go ahead and call WDW and inquire about their status. Our bands were held up due to a name change and I was told that sometimes there is simply a data issue that will result in a hold on the shipment. They got the bands shipped and I received them the morning that we left for our trip.

We arrive March 14 and mine haven't even been shipped yet. Last day to customize was 2/11.

Looks like March 14th is a pretty popular arrival date coming up! :thumbsup2

Safe travels everyone!

I ordered our 2015 Annual Passholder bands on a Monday in January and they were delivered on that Friday.

What 'are' AP bands? Different than regular bands? We purchased our AP's after we customized our bands - received them three weeks ago.

I have read that if the name on the reservation doesn't match the name on mde there may be an issue in. Shipping ie if you are joseph on your reservation because of credit card but used joe 8 mde they might delay the shipping to confirm things are right

This happened to us. It just kept saying it would ship soon and never changed. 10 days out from our trip I called and had them check and they had gotten held up for some reason. They released them for me and they shipped the next day. So you may want to consider calling if you are within a couple of weeks and they've not updated.

We leave Saturday March 14 and this past Tuesday (February 17) received the first set of my MagicBands, I have another set coming for the split stay on March 21.

I called Disney yesterday to see what was happening with our bands. We leave in 7 days and the website still had the "act quick now" response. Ends up because our sons name is Benjamin and the order on the band was for "Ben" it was put on a freeze. I'm glad I called because it seems they had to manually unfreeze it after verification. Bands will now be left at resort upon check-in. Annoying that I wasn't notified, but I don't really care...we are headed to DISNEY IN 7 DAYS!!!!

Apparently ours arrived at the house yesterday... We've been at WDW since Monday lol. They just gave us new ones at the front desk when we got here. (New England weather was probably to blame for the delay.)

I contacted Disney and there has been extremely bad weather in Tennessee so normally they plan on shipping bands out 2 weeks before arrival. I will be at Disney on March 15 and was told if my magic band order is not ready for shipment by March 1st to check back. They are aiming for magic band arrivals at 5 days out due to the weather issues in Tennessee.

Last trip I had 3 magic bands so I customized 3 of them in different colors. I received 2 of them and the one I actually customized 3 months before our trip hadn't shipped and wouldn't ship until the day before I left so I would not receive it in time. The big problem was they waited so long and it was for the second hotel on my trip(3rd MB). After a very long talk with a DVC members service cast member they finally understood the problem and quit trying to tell me it would be at my house with plenty of time to spare. They sent it to the resort so I had it for the second part of my trip and yes I did know I could use the other bands. They never did figure out why they messed up and didn't make that band and send it out on time.

Got mine this past week.. WE leaveon the 7th. They were shipped to NY 22 days out on Friday 2/13... Received onTuesday 2/2/17. The route was as follows...TN-MN-NJ-my house in NY..

Update: I got the email this morning that they have shipped :jumping1: The email was time stamped 4:17 am today.:teacher:

Update: the bands were in my mailbox today:dogdance::dogdance:[/GALLERY][/GALLERY]

My update is as follows

The first set, scheduled to arrive here on 2/26/15 are stilll not here, they shipped from Disney on 2/6/15

The second set, is scheduled to arrive on 3/6/15, I had to call today and have Disney re-route or make new ones to pick up at the resort hotel since we are leaving home on the 4th.

We have 2 sets because we are sandwiching a Disney cruise in between resort stays

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter