Magic band + shipping

Same. I had a pending credit card charge on release day, but now that is gone from my credit card transactions altogether. My MDE account says it's "processing".

Never even got a confirmation email - and I know that they have my correct email address from other WDW and DVC correspondence.

That wonder that is Disney IT is at it again...
My trip is also the last week in August. Ordered via MDE midday on 7/27. Saw the pending charge on the Disney Visa immediately. Now that charge is gone from Disney Visa website. Order says "In Progress" but I had to go through a weird process via MDE through "My resort" > "Choose Magic Bands" to even find it. I did get a confirmation email on the 27th right away. Hopefully, they're just prioritizing people by order of arrival date and in that case, I can definitely wait another week or two.

My trip is also the last week in August. Ordered via MDE midday on 7/27. Saw the pending charge on the Disney Visa immediately. Now that charge is gone from Disney Visa website. Order says "In Progress" but I had to go through a weird process via MDE through "My resort" > "Choose Magic Bands" to even find it. I did get a confirmation email on the 27th right away. Hopefully, they're just prioritizing people by order of arrival date and in that case, I can definitely wait another week or two.
Yes, I agree. And I have no problem waiting so people that need them sooner get them before me.

Still would be nice to at least get an email about it, though....hint, hint, Disney....

Ordered on 7/27 through MDE. My trip starts Tuesday, 8/9. Bands still show "In Progress". I tried chatting with a cast member, who told me to reach out to merchant services. I emailed merchant services, and no response.

If they aren't waiting at the hotel for me, I guess I'll just buy new ones at the park. It's not the end of the world, but it is annoying.

We are in the same boat. Ordered within minutes of launch, still in progress. Leave on Saturday. Not the end of the world, but it's frustrating. I hate spending hours on the phone to make things right.

We are in the same boat. Ordered within minutes of launch, still in progress. Leave on Saturday. Not the end of the world, but it's frustrating. I hate spending hours on the phone to make things right.
That was the point of the email I sent guest relations last night. This isn’t a huge deal, but also not difficult to make right. It unfortunately seems like cast members are no longer empowered to do that.

I called yesterday. I explained how my MDE order still shows in progress and we leave later in the week. She spoke with her supervisor and stated that they believe it will get to me in time. They said if the band don’t arrive in time, I can call and cancel the order if I wish.

We still did not receive ours. Says order in progress. When I spoke with Disney on chat, they told me to to reach out merchant services if I don't get them in time or if they are not at my hotel for check in. I gathered up all of our old magic bands to take with us!

That was the point of the email I sent guest relations last night. This isn’t a huge deal, but also not difficult to make right. It unfortunately seems like cast members are no longer empowered to do that.
Totally agree. I have a feeling there will be a lot of guests arriving this week without the bands that *should* have arrived in time. I'm very curious to see how this plays out... My trip isn't until 8/20 so I still have some time for mine to arrive but my brother leaves Friday.

Totally agree. I have a feeling there will be a lot of guests arriving this week without the bands that *should* have arrived in time. I'm very curious to see how this plays out... My trip isn't until 8/20 so I still have some time for mine to arrive but my brother leaves Friday.
Had my package actually started moving when they said it shipped, it might have actually made it. Between Friday and yesterday, it got from orlando to Atlanta to York, PA. I’m in Maryland so it’s not too far away, but it will still need a couple of days after they give it to the postal service, so I’m guessing Wednesday or Thursday delivery. Unfortunately we leave tomorrow at 10AM.

Good luck to you!

Had my package actually started moving when they said it shipped, it might have actually made it. Between Friday and yesterday, it got from orlando to Atlanta to York, PA. I’m in Maryland so it’s not too far away, but it will still need a couple of days after they give it to the postal service, so I’m guessing Wednesday or Thursday delivery. Unfortunately we leave tomorrow at 10AM.

Good luck to you!
That's so frustrating. I hope you have a great trip, despite the hiccup with the bands, and I really hope Disney makes it right for you while you're there. I wonder if you can buy replacement bands there and then be refunded (since you technically already paid for them).

That's so frustrating. I hope you have a great trip, despite the hiccup with the bands, and I really hope Disney makes it right for you while you're there. I wonder if you can buy replacement bands there and then be refunded (since you technically already paid for them).
I’m wondering if they will have a supply at the resort front desks for guests who don’t receive theirs. I’ll be there Wednesday and I’m still “in progress”. Or if they will let you purchase one by room charge and credit it back. I wanted it shipped to the WL, but I was not allowed to choose that option. We shall see!

We woke up this morning to two emails telling us that DH’s Partners MB+ shipped, with delivery expected in 10 business days. He ordered it in the afternoon on 7/27.

ETA: and our CC was charged this morning, too.

Last edited:
My situation is similar. I ordered a magicband+ on July 27th via my Disney account as part of my resort reservation. It was customized with a name. As of today it still shows processing. Our trip starts on August 13th. I don't see a charge on my credit card. I'm holding my breath.

We woke up this morning to two emails telling us that DH’s Partners MB+ shipped, with delivery expected in 10 business days. He ordered it in the afternoon on 7/27.

How is it going to take 10 business days after shipping, when on MDE Disney essentially promises the bands within 11 days of placing the order... It's so frustrating. I called yesterday and requested to switch my brother's order (which Disney confirmed had not shipped yet) to pick up at the resort and they wouldn't (or couldn't) do it.

My situation is similar. I ordered a magicband+ on July 27th via my Disney account as part of my resort reservation. It was customized with a name. As of today it still shows processing. Our trip starts on August 13th. I don't see a charge on my credit card. I'm holding my breath.
Same here. Ordered the morning of 7/27 and my order still shows as "in progress". We leave the morning of Friday 8/12 so they would need to be delivered by Thursday. Isn't looking like that is going to happen. I guess it's technically still possible if they ship out by tomorrow and everything goes perfectly, but I'm not really confident that will happen. Watching to see what they do for people who don't get theirs in time.

Same here. Ordered the morning of 7/27 and my order still shows as "in progress". We leave the morning of Friday 8/12 so they would need to be delivered by Thursday. Isn't looking like that is going to happen. I guess it's technically still possible if they ship out by tomorrow and everything goes perfectly, but I'm not really confident that will happen. Watching to see what they do for people who don't get theirs in time.

I am literally in exactly the same position as you leaving the same day to arrive there. I have no illusions it will arrive. I will probably try to figure out who to call tuesday or wednesday from work if I can.

Ours is still in process. We arrive in 9 days and no charge on the credit card. I’ll be packing our old bands. They really messed this up.

We leave on the 17th add us to the list of magic bands not shipped. It’s annoying I spent like $100 and we may not even get them in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter