Magic Band Special Effects - Limited Edition vs Release?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
Do only Limited Edition Magic Bands have special lighting and sounds effects when entering or do limited release also have them?

Also I know Lion King is coming up but any others? Or what is your favorite if you have one?

Only limited edition. I really wanted the tiki room one but never got it. We have a Christmas one and avengers endgame.

It’s a fun little addition, but it’s really short and you’re always pressured to keep moving when you are being scanned in.

We have Epcot anniversary ones that glow orange (I think it's orange) and say something. I can never hear what it is though because of ambient noise.

I’m also noticing that more and more of the touch points when entering the parks have the ability for the special effect turned off. We have a few limited edition bands and it’s hit or miss whether the effect will happen. We find Animal Kingdom (especially the entrance from Rainforest Cafe) and the International entrance at Epcot are the best to see and hear the effect. Magic Kingdom rarely if ever has the effects turned on. Even the normal DVC pink effect doesn’t work most of the time at MK.

I bought the Halloween band last year and it only works at MK. It’s pretty fun though because it lights up purple and makes a door creaking sound. The main reason I like it is because the band is glow in the dark which is awesome on dark rides.

I really wish they would turn on the effects of all the Limited Edition bands they have released this year. If it keeps up I may stop buying them. I only buy them because of the special effects. I have Festival of the Arts, Flower and Garden normal and Passholder, Hollywood Studios 30th anniversary, May the 4th, and the 2 new Halloween bands from this year and none of them do anything. I think the last ones I got that work are the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam and the MVMCP ones from last year.

Yeah the Red and Orange 35th bands work thankfully.
We have Epcot anniversary ones that glow orange (I think it's orange) and say something. I can never hear what it is though because of ambient noise.
That one is fun, It's the narrator from Illuminations. It's the part that goes "Reflections of Earth" and then he blows out the flames.

Yeah the Red and Orange 35th bands work thankfully.

That one is fun, It's the narrator from Illuminations. It's the part that goes "Reflections of Earth" and then he blows out the flames.
Probably my favorite band. I love my AK 20th one though too.

I was all pumped to find out what the Lion King LE did at AK, had the recording going and everything for a big nothing burger.

Has anyone tried out the LR Galaxy's Edge band you can choose for $20 on MDE? My DS loves his LE Star Wars band because it lights up and makes sounds at touchpoints. I'm wondering if the GE LR one does this?

Has anyone tried out the LR Galaxy's Edge band you can choose for $20 on MDE? My DS loves his LE Star Wars band because it lights up and makes sounds at touchpoints. I'm wondering if the GE LR one does this?
It does not. I have it.

Unfortunately no limited release bands other than the Dooney ones have effects. And apparently this year they have decided to just not turn on any of the new effects anymore which is frustrating. The only reason I buy the LE bands is due to the effects.

Unfortunately no limited release bands other than the Dooney ones have effects. And apparently this year they have decided to just not turn on any of the new effects anymore which is frustrating. The only reason I buy the LE bands is due to the effects.
My boys have the Pandora LE and Enfys Nest LE and both of those have effects. They get so excited to scan them.

I bought the Castle MagicBand that is available to resort guests only, thinking it might do something fun but all I saw was a green light and normal sound. Then again, I only tried it at DHS so maybe it does something different at MK...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter