Magic bands and cancelled trip.

Chip_Dale

DIS Veteran
We have ordered magic bands and will be at resort for pick up. We might have to cancel trip. Will they ship the bands back to Canada. Issue a refund for bands. If we find someone that was going to be at resort will they let them pick them up and have them sent to us when back to Canada.

Since no one has chimed in I figured I'd mention that I had a bit of a different experience but there may be some useful info for you in my experience.

I had originally booked a Christmas at WDW for Dec 2020 with a split stay (Room only) -- for each split I had ordered the custom magic bands. When the covid situation was looking bad I wound up keeping the same reservation #'s but changing dates to March 2021 (ever the optimist) and all the magic band orders looked normal. When we realized that March 2021 wouldn't be possible with covid. I changed the reservation to Dec 2021 -- the bands were still looking good until one day in May 2021 when instead of seeing the "magic bands will be waiting for you message" I saw some TNX messages that they'd shipped and saw them in my MDE as active. Not so good.

I contacted guest services who referred me to the Parks group who were able to issue a refund for all sets of the bands. So here's what I learned:

1. There is no circumstance under which they will ship them to Canada. (I asked so that I know for sure.) They suggested they could ship to a US address -- but we had no way to pick them up at the time and didn't want to pay extra for a forwarding service.
2. If you change your reservation (but keep the same ressie numbers) it is possible that the bands will follow you but not guaranteed. If you do that then I'd touch base with the Disney Parks Shopping or even guest services to see how they're handling this now.
3. Your bands are tied to your reservation number in some way so if you cancel your reservation it may cancel the bands --- but there is no guarantee that will result in a refund since they are separate entities handling them. I got the feeling that this is not automatic.
4. If your reservation was cancelled I doubt the resort would give them to a 3rd party for you (that would be an administrative headache for them to make sure that the person receiving them is legit.)

My suggestion would be to contact the Disney Parks shopping number and just ask what your options are. Maybe do a chat asking to have a Disney Parks shopping person contact you (we didn't try this but it might work.)

I bought the upgraded Magic Bands for the 2020 Christmas trip. I cancelled my two DVC reservations in October via David’s then called WDW and got a refund for all the Magic Bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter