Magic Bands and Christmas colors

margot31

DIS Veteran
Has anyone switched and done christmas colors with the newest magic bands. I am planning on doing this but I want to decide which puck i want and band I want and what the other person's will look like.

If you have done this and have a photo can i see?

There’s a red and green one in this photo I found online.

Attachments

• B3FBBF1C-7620-448C-9F19-22BA225A74D7.png
    B3FBBF1C-7620-448C-9F19-22BA225A74D7.png
    407.5 KB · Views: 112

No worries about them falling out - they're screwed in to the band with a plastic retainer.

If anything you'll have more trouble getting them out! :D

Yes, you will need a tiny (eyeglasses type) screwdriver to swap them.

There’s a red and green one in this photo I found online.

I assume that for the photo, they started with a green Magic Band and a red Magic Band. They took the pucks out of both. Then they put the green puck into the red band. A solid color Magic Band comes with a puck and band of the same color.

Maybe OP and PP realized this, I just couldn't tell.

We have a split stay next month, picked a green band and a red band so I could make a couple Christmas ones.

I assume that for the photo, they started with a green Magic Band and a red Magic Band. They took the pucks out of both. Then they put the green puck into the red band. A solid color Magic Band comes with a puck and band of the same color.

Maybe OP and PP realized this, I just couldn't tell.

Yes, the OP mentioned swapping with a member of their party and I mentioned that they would need a small screwdriver to remove the pucks to swap.

But, that is helpful to clarify for others who may not be familiar with the bands.

My daughters did their school colors and it wasn't that difficult to do. I ordered the simple carabineer magic keeper for myself as I don't like anything on my wrist and it came with the screwdriver to remove the "pucks". Just make sure when your switching out that the correct person has the correct puck.

Like the idea of a Christmas band - I think I already have a red band so my Christmas trip band may just be green :)

Just to clarify....we have swapped our band and pucks before but we didn't do christmas colors. My husband and son did Oregon Duck colors. My daughter and i just switched the purple and pink....I just wanted to see the actual thing to decide if I want the red band or the green band.

:offtopic: but guys can we talk about how addicted I am to the new MBs? I got an R2-D2 one for my last trip (was R2 for MNSSHP), then I got a limited edition Figment one for Epcot 35. And now they have a Jungle Book one with Bagheera! (one of my most favorite characters!) I was not this addicted to them when they first came out, but ever since they switched to 2.0... I have a problem, lol.

Just to clarify....we have swapped our band and pucks before but we didn't do christmas colors. My husband and son did Oregon Duck colors. My daughter and i just switched the purple and pink....I just wanted to see the actual thing to decide if I want the red band or the green band.
2j4suhd.jpg

Fun idea! I guess you just have to make sure the right person is wearing the right puck? Our last trip was pre-magic bands!

Fun idea! I guess you just have to make sure the right person is wearing the right puck? Our last trip was pre-magic bands!

Yes...I had to go back and check a few times to make sure I had the right ones to the right people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter