Magic Bands and Credit Card Linking

I wonder if you can ask and have this set up. :)
If you mean will they increase your limit above that set for your resort, the answer is no. Simply keep a rough track of your spending. You will, after all, have all of your receipts. Or simply stop at the front desk, as has already mean mentioned more than once. If you are close to reaching your credit limit, have your card charged to zero out your account. Easy.

If you mean will they increase your limit above that set for your resort, the answer is no. Simply keep a rough track of your spending. You will, after all, have all of your receipts. Or simply stop at the front desk, as has already mean mentioned more than once. If you are close to reaching your credit limit, have your card charged to zero out your account. Easy.

I have a question relating to MB and credit cards. I am having a friend of mine to disney this year. We will share a 2 BR villa. May we each have a credit card assigned to our own magic band?
Thanks, Rick

I have a question relating to MB and credit cards. I am having a friend of mine to disney this year. We will share a 2 BR villa. May we each have a credit card assigned to our own magic band?
Thanks, Rick

When you check in at the resort they can arrange for each of you to have separate charging arrangements.

Mentioned above was a limit for the different types of accommodations, value $500 , $1000 moderate and $1500 Deluxe is that a daily limit or vacation limit?

Mentioned above was a limit for the different types of accommodations, value $500 , $1000 moderate and $1500 Deluxe is that a daily limit or vacation limit?

I think these limits are out of date we stayed at SSR, AKV and VGF at Easter and we had a $2000 limit. We hit close while at VGF and they just automatically charged my card and we didn't have an issue

When you check in at the resort they can arrange for each of you to have separate charging arrangements.

Be aware that this doesn't always happen correctly (having two people with different credit cards on the same room). My friend and I shared a room, and although we were assured that our charges would be kept separate, all of our charges (including mine) went to my friend's credit card. We were even able to set up our own separate PIN numbers, but it didn't work right. Luckily, I checked on Day Two of our trip, before we reached the $500 charging threshold for AoA (since they would have automatically charged my friend's card).

I spent some time at the front desk of AoA getting our charges separated, and was once again told our charges would stay separate going forward. Again, our charges all went to my friend's card. Spent more time getting them separated, and finally gave up using my band for charging. Such a pain!

So, you might get lucky and have it work correctly, but it's a good idea to stop by the front desk to double-check periodically.

We've never had our privileges stopped when hitting the limit and we go over that limit probably a few times. They just charge our card and reset.
Agree! They send you a notification but they don't stop charging. When you hit a certain limit they charge your card.
Lets Go Blackhawks!

Last edited:
I think these limits are out of date we stayed at SSR, AKV and VGF at Easter and we had a $2000 limit. We hit close while at VGF and they just automatically charged my card and we didn't have an issue
DVC resorts are $2000

I keep a rough estimate of where I am with regards to amount charged, and go down to the desk and pay it off with a Disney gift card. That does two things--it forces me to limit my spending, and it lets me check the charges that have been sent. Last time they had not only charged me for our meal at Le Ceiller, but someone else's as well. :headache: It is a good idea to stay on top of what is going on with your account.

Are the $500/$1000/$1500 numbers accurate? I found some articles saying that the limits were raised last summer to $1500 value/moderate and $2000 deluxe.

I highly recommend having some cash on you as computers do go down. If that happens, you'll be unable to use your MB or credit card.[/QUOTE]

Disney sets a spending limit based on your resort level -- $500 for value, $1,000 for moderate, $1,500 for deluxe. The easiest way to keep yourself from reaching the limit is to stop by the front desk and ask that they process your room charges when you're at or near the $500/$1,000/$1,500. They'll then charge the credit card on file, thus starting the cycle from $0 again.

I did not find these limits to be true on our last trip which was just a couple weeks ago....part of our stay was in a value and our charges well exceeded $500...

Are the $500/$1000/$1500 numbers accurate? I found some articles saying that the limits were raised last summer to $1500 value/moderate and $2000 deluxe.
I believe you and the PP are correct. We recently stayed at CSR and were told the limit was $1500.

Be aware that this doesn't always happen correctly (having two people with different credit cards on the same room). My friend and I shared a room, and although we were assured that our charges would be kept separate, all of our charges (including mine) went to my friend's credit card. We were even able to set up our own separate PIN numbers, but it didn't work right. Luckily, I checked on Day Two of our trip, before we reached the $500 charging threshold for AoA (since they would have automatically charged my friend's card).

I spent some time at the front desk of AoA getting our charges separated, and was once again told our charges would stay separate going forward. Again, our charges all went to my friend's card. Spent more time getting them separated, and finally gave up using my band for charging. Such a pain!

So, you might get lucky and have it work correctly, but it's a good idea to stop by the front desk to double-check periodically.

agreed - we stayed at riverside last week and when my parents checked in they would not let them add their CC to their bands (res was under my name and my card was on file). i didn't want to bother with it so i didn't check back if the CM misunderstood what they wanted or something.

what you CAN do is have the resort give you a print out of all the charges to date. it shows what was charged and whose magicband charged it, so a little easier to keep track of charges.

another thing regarding disney springs. we had dinner at paradisio 37 and a guest at another table was not able to pay with his magicband. not sure if the machines were down (CCs were working) or what, but having a stash of cash is always a good plan.

That's how we did it on our last trip. My CC was connected to my MB and my friend's CC was connected to her MB. The day before we left I asked at the Front Desk a print out of the bands and everything was charged correctly.

Don't know if this makes a difference, but we added my friend's CC to her MB at the Front Desk the day after we arrived. We didn't do it on forehand.

We ran into this on one trip. It was a short trip before a family beach get together. We stayed at All Star Movies and we did at least BBB, CRT and Crystal Palace. The last night, right after CP, we rode Pirates. My wife picked out a T-shirt. We were told we were over the limit, a limit I was not aware of. One of the CMs took us to an unused register and called the resort. They charged off whatever amount it was at that time and reran the purchase. That CM handled the situation properly in my opinion.

Agree! They send you a notification but they don't stop charging. When you hit a certain limit they charge your card.

This seems to vary and not always be the case. For us, they blocked all charges, until I went to hotel lobby and ask for the charges to be applied to our card, then the limit was reset. I didn't know about any limits at the time, and I was freaking out. Good thing it was the night of our CRT dinner, which was prepaid, so it didn't have any negative impact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter